So you're thinking of buying a stringing machine?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Danstevens, Mar 24, 2009.

1. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

at the Combo 8010 or Combo 3800 manual, mentioned that "M" is a kind of string, but no info for the "C"

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Don't buy Eagnas crap.
    2) No, you don't need to press M every time. Just pres it and set the tension.
    3) the M and C function are crap if you can not figure out how to program the Cross adding 10%
    4) Just turn it on, set your tension. String mains. Add 10% on then string cross.

3. calibre

calibre Regular Member

Clerical
    The information has given me a better understanding of stringing and to seriously consider to get one or not. :) Have considered ST-200 Stringing Machine, but didn't get it.

4. arrguz

arrguz Regular Member

businessman
    hello out there..just asking how to reset the pulling tension of electronic stringing machine mine is eagnas combo5060? Someone said the VR1 and VR2 is the key on how to reset but no further info,, anyone help me how to reset coz my machine now can only strung 27lbs and above,,26lbs down cant...minimum 27lbs only..also if 27lbs the pulling tension very slow..thanks guys

5. MikeYeap

MikeYeap Regular Member

Engineer
    HI guys,

Anybody from this forum have experience in buying stringing machine in Malaysia ? I am hoping that I could get 1 locally instead of getting from oversea ( it will be my last choice if I need to ).

I need a stringing machine which is quite easy to get hands on as I am just about to learn on stringing my own racket.

Hope that forumers here could give some advice for me.
    Cheers.

6. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I am possibly about to invest in opening a shop here in Ho Chi Minh City. The stringing machine seems to possibly be one of the most expensive needs. My partner, who will be much more involved with the day to day running of the business is advocating for this machine as opposed to a much cheaper manual crank machine. He says the difference is quality is worth it, but my question is if that is true. There is a big need for quality badminton shops in this city,only 3 stores currently that I would trust to buy from, and even those a risky iyam. I'm not against buying this machine if it is worth it.

I asked this in another thread and haven't got any responses. Any thoughts/info/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

7. 77 smash

77 smash New Member

what are the top brand names?

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yonex protch 8
    Wilson bairado
    Prince Neo 7000 with 6 mounting

Andizhu likes this.
  9. Andizhu

Andizhu Regular Member

Owners of Sports shop
    Yonex es5 protech
    Yonex protech 8 or string sistem M8

10. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

You could go a bit cheaper than Yonex, etc. and still IMHO be considered to run a top brand machine....

Like Tyger.

But I'd also consider a hybrid machine such as Premium Stringer with a Wise head, to be "top brand", and considerably cheaper than the full-blown top machines.

Babolat, Victor, Li-Ning, etc. all produce top brand top level machines, but they are not cheap either...

11. Patckk

Patckk New Member

Hello,

I’m looking around to buy an stringing machine here in Netherlands. Now several shops sell different kind of packages. I’m new to the stringing world so I’m not looking for expensive electric devices but just a simple drop down weight.

Due the different kind of machines and looking quite the same to me I’m looking for some help in brands to see if any of these are any good of purchasing. Does any of you have some advice in pro and cons for these kind of machines?

First off the Premium Stringer 2700 Second the Pros Pro B-150 Third and last is the Pro Challenger 1

Some advice about these machines if known would be great!

#31 Patckk, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  12. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

I had the siabosi drop weight machine. It's the same manufacturer than the pros pro challenger 1 I think. For badminton stringing it works fine, but for tennis the clamp are very bad. when doing cross, le clamp would back 1/4 inch when releasing drop weight. Even a tennis flying clamp is better than those clamp. Also I notice it's better to lock the base clamp first and then the clamp. less tension lost that way or twisting. The K side support always gets in the ways of fews holes. Definitely don't like those machine. It still can do fine job, but just don't like it so I sold it.

stringwayhttps://www.stringway-stringing-machines.com/product/ml90bad-th/ is not much more expensive why not go for that? I'm in north america, it's more expensive for me, but for you it's cheaper for you.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

14. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I can't really comment on these machines but you might want to check out these stringing machines instead: http://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/Stringing-Machines/SUPERSTRINGER/2/

They've been fairly well reviewed and discussed in this forum.

15. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

I think all the machines there can do fine job. The pro's pro challenger is almost 400 euro compare the other two which is around 200 euro. The pro's pro have swivel clamp compare the others two which use flying clamp. Flying clamp never bother me, it works, maybe for some pattern, you need swivel clamp. I wouldn't buy the challenger because of the price. It's more expensive because it can string tennis but the clamp and the base are really bad. A job with good flying clamp like KlipperMate car hold tension better than those clamps. If you never string tennis, you can buy cheaper model. If you think you will string tennis one day, you should consider other machine. Like I said a KlipperMate machine with their flying clamp can do a better job. Not faster but better. tensionning 20lbs vs 60lbs is big difference. Holding 20lbs tension is a breeze but 60lbs the base and clamp has to be good quality. My siabosi (same company than pro's pro I think) machine have bad quality base and clamp. On Prince Neos 1000, the clamp move just a tiny bit when tension is released. Anyway any machine will do the job, if budget is a concern take the cheapest. The two machines is a 6 points, very similar, use flying clamp. I don't see any advantage one over another.

16. Patckk

Patckk New Member

Thanks for your advice and reply's.

I will only use the machine to string for badminton I have no desire to string for tennis. I will be using flying clamps from Yonex and have decided after some discussions with other stringer to go for the Pro's Pro Challenger I. Because they all used this machine in there starter time and it will due just fine for the job.

Now I have to wait for a week for the machine to be delivered. I will get a two day stringing instructions from my go to stringer at this time :)

17. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

When it comes to buying any large ticket item such as a stringing machine, the pricing is always a huge factor.

Li-Ning in Canada provides financing now for those who may be interested. :)

18. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

It might seem like a silly question to some but might I ask whether a budget/midrange 4/6 point drop weight machine exists?
    I'm hoping its in the budget range of $150 - $300 AUD, I might go as far as considering used machines.

I also recently read that its fine to string at higher tensions (28lbs - 31lbs) on Yonex frames using a 2 point mounting method but this only applies to those with expertise, can anyone comment on this? Seems fishy haha.

19. Vvijay.hhooda

Vvijay.hhooda New Member

someone please tell me about victor ve-50. about its base clamp is it automatic or manual??

20. Vvijay.hhooda

Vvijay.hhooda New Member

Please tell me the best manual stringing machine for tennis, badminton and squash. And also give the suggestion which is accurate and durable.