Sudirman Cup 2009: Day 3 : May 12

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by chris-ccc, May 11, 2009.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I heard from the Astro commentator that he was suffering from migraine attack towards the end of the 2nd game that he couldn't see with his left eye but he still managed to close up the match. Hopefully he will be fine and be able to play tomorrow.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it wasn't long ago that BAM want to write off WMC.
    WMC should demand overtime pay for working double shift now

3. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

double shift?means?i thought wpt is the 1 doing double shift
    haha

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..great support and sportsmanship shown from Yip PY, taking and accompanying Julia all the way to the airport..:cool:
    Get well soon to Julia, although i think she probably needs a surgery if her knee injury is a severe one??or is it simply a sprained knee??..
    ..tonight/today/Day 4, it could be so quiet in BC, one could hear a pin drop..:eek:
    ..yeap, i'm sure the KOR squad is doing their best in trying to avoid facing CHN in the Semifinals...so, no, the one in control of their destiny is actually the KOR squad..;)
    ..19,000 mark is history...kwun is just merely a few hundred posts away from the 20,000 posts mark..;)

#184 ctjcad, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

According to Msian press,Julia apparently tore her knee ligaments, if just sprained knee her leg wouldnt be in a cast, she wouldnt have to go airport on a hospital bed.

This Group 1A really like fight to the death, Julia injured, PG pulak migraine attack.

THere's Japan vs England, I'm sure Jamesd20 & our Eng BCers will be here to cheer with all their heart.;)

#185 eaglehelang, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wah, this PG is superb! Playing with only right eye, also can win over PSH...i doubt it !.........hehehehe

True migraine or just a psychology thingy before big clash with MAS.....?

First, they said wanted to fly Tine over, now migraine,....what next...???

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Kinda disappointed with Nanna's play, suddenly handing the initiative to madbad's sweetheart like that ....... the most uneven match I have ever seen.

Gade would surely be ready by tomorrow night, and probably more deadly as well. In 2007 Malaysia Super Series, he arrived in KL only to be admitted to hospital with migraine, and then proceeded to win the title ......

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Best wishes to Julia..

..(i've read the article in the "Julia Wong" thread) as feared, looks like she'll undergo a surgery...too bad for her but hope for a speedy recovery (she could be out of competitive badminton for a yr)..

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

At least 6 months.........:crying:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That's what the article mentions..^^

..i'm looking at a longer recovery period (her surgery and recovery/rest alone will take 6 months; then the conditioning, strengthening of the knee period will take at least another 4-6 months on top of her getting her playing form back)..NBA, NFL, MLB players usually take that long to recover and come back from an ACL or MCL injury..

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, the NSC doc said 6 months is complete rest, rehabilation time not counted in yet. It's similar to Lee Wan Wah's injury in 2004, if I remember correctly, uncle LWW was out of action 8 months bf he could play competitively again. Thank goodness it's not OG year, if not Julia'll be really crushed. I hope Julia can get back her good form come 2010 Uber Cup time.