Suggestions - AT700!?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Anvte, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Anvte

Anvte New Member

Hi all,

I just restarted playing badminton right before the pandemic as have been on and off due to lockdowns. I’ve been using my old racket from my high school days. Quite outdated it’s a Yonex AT700 first generation, it’s got a crack on the frame. I have yet to find another racket quite like it. Anyone got any suggestions for new alternatives since I have no knowledge of any rackets after the Armortec series? And I have no idea what I should be doing with my racket in it’s current state? (Trash it!?) I’m open to any brands / series.

Thanks.

2. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

I would suggest to try Astrox 88D 2018 or Astrox 99 (if you can handle it).

3. Anvte

Anvte New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll take a look at those ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. slb18903

slb18903 New Member

Hi there!

At the moment, the older generation Yonex rackets ( Armortec, NanoSpeed, ArcSaber 10 and downwards, Ti ) all feel different from the newer line ( Arc 11, Voltric, Nanoray, Astrox). Even though that there are newer models that are also head heavy and stiff shaft like the at700, the feel is completely different. The older models actually give a more direct feel on the shaft.
    If you want to find a replacement, then maybe try a 3u zforce 2, astrox 99 or 100zz, or even 88d /88dpro, those might be closest to what you had. But just giving you a heads up that they are completely different to the feel of At700.

5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    There are no good replacements for AT700, it´s a unique racket

6. Anvte

Anvte New Member

Well what should I do with the racket? The frame is cracked so it seemed like it’s just sitting there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Post a photo so the forum´s expertise can help you judge if it is a crack or not and give you the best advice. If it is a crack then you can play until it breaks or the string breaks (it is probably not gonna survive a re-string) or just retire it now and hang it on the wall at home.