Super Series Finals So Far...in 2007

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by jasonmarc, May 12, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    when the final start?:D

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IO Finals..

...start in abt 10 minutes..:p:D

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

hopes this IO is a indicator of LCW slowing reaching his peak. regaining the form that he had last year. Malaysia's singles WC hopes are all on him.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

As for Men Single, after 6 Super Series Finals, Chn took 3, LD(2) CJ(1),MAS(1), DEN(1) and THA(1), 50% of the the titles won by CHN quite impressive and also good show by the other 3 country. So, the Super Series Winners Elite group have formed as 1.China. Join No. 2 : MAS, DEN and THA.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Surprisingly! There are still NO Winner from INA so far.....for all 5 events

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And BCL is the player who enter the MS Final twice and didnt win the title..

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

pity for Bao Chunlai. he might get it right at China Open.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think it's too soon to judge their form. Of the 3 tournaments KKK/TBH did not win, they got to the final and semifinal. I think they still pick up valuable ranking points. Their results this year are better than Denmark and CY/FHF.

It doesn't matter how you win or lose. It's the result that matters. Just like in football, nobody remembers if you play pretty like Arsenal. If you don't win, then you are not remembered. Simple.

I think this top M'sian pair have won more tournaments this past half year than matches lost. That's a pretty good record.:p

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

i heard they will jump to no.2 ranking although they lost. i'm unsure. from some past matches in IO, i can see that KKK/TBH form is simply not there. no more fighting and confidence from them. their old self is seriously not there. this is alarming and something needs to be done as CY/FHF is definitely better now.

10. amaze

amaze Regular Member

It's OK that KKK/TBH lost this time. They still did pretty well. It's also a good impetus for them to train harder and then maybe we'll have World Champions in them after all !

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    But you have seen their old self, haven't you? You know what they are capable of. It is too pessimistic to say they're gone. There are also moments in the past when Cai/Fu lost badly. And remember, KKK/TBH have more than 10 years left in their badminton playing career.

Roger Federer has not won in the last few tournaments he was in. Are you writing him off? I will not do such silly thing.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Unduly alarmist.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    05/13/07 20:26

Badminton : Indonesia in historic flop

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Indonesia's vaunted badminton players failed to win a title for the first time in the Indonesia Open's 25-year history as the tournament concluded on Sunday.

Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei thrashed Bao Chunlai of China 21-15, 21-16 to win the men's singles while Hong Kong's Wang Chen won the women's title.

China won all three pairs events, with Zheng Bo and Gao Ling downing top seeds Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir, Indonesia's only finalists, in the mixed doubles.

"This is a serious blow," Sutiyoso, Jakarta's governor and head of the All-Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI, was quoted by AFP as saying

"What is clear is that this defeat proves that competition in badminton is now very tight, while Badminton is one of our sports primadona which is hoped to contribute a gold in the next Olympics.

"The PBSI will as soon as possible conduct a thorough evaluation of both the coaches and the players."

With Indonesia's Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat going out in the semis, Lee, 24, downed Bao in just 35 minutes to lift his first Indonesia Open title.

"This is my best achievement so far in the Indonesia Open," said Lee, who pocketed 20,000 dollars for the win.

"My strategy in facing Bao Chunlai is to keep my shots low," he added.

Hong Kong's Wang beat Chinese third seed Zhu Lin 21-14, 21-13 in the women's final, while Du Jing and Yu Yang beat Zhao Tingting and Yang Wei 21-8, 16-21, 21-16 in the all-Chinese women's doubles shoot-out.

Top seeds Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun beat Malaysia's Abdul Latif and Mohammad Tazari 21-17, 22-20 to win the men's doubles. (*)

-----------------------
    No, this prove pbsi is in a disarray.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, they are professional badminton player but they are just ordinary people! they cant win all the way.....quote statement made by Roger Federer in to day news paper.......the same goes to the Squash Queen - Nicol David,...its ok to lost some....but get back to win more..later.. Remember when LCW no performing.....some people given up hope on him...but now he is back....what will they says......? Remember this..CY/FHF took it 10 months to win title after their triumph in WC 06(JULY60), LCW also lost to BCL for the first time in WC06 and also spent 10 months to recover and to beat BCL in IO07....and even XXF and ZN also lost .....Quote LYB in today news paper...its normal for my player to lost some.....i dont expect them to win all the time....

#54 jasonmarc, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why is that when CHN wins, you often attribute it in part to mental strength? When they lose, it's not due to a lack of it? Come on, how can non-CHn players win titles if they don't have mental strength?
    One thing we know for sure:CHN do their homework thoroughly. In IO07,cy/fhf anticipated MAS MDs' net shots and killed quite a few,to MAS surprise. It seems CHN MD memorise MAS MDs' play like CJ memorise top non-CHN MS play, so MAS really has to play to mislead the CHN computer a bit.