Sweetest victory

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by venkatesh, Mar 16, 2009.

1. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Thanks Fidget. I know I still have a lot to learn. But I'm slowly getting there.

I have to make a correction though. When I said 4 players, I meant 4 pairs.

Thanks badmintoncentral. The tips and the videos here were the reason for my big improvement. :)

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    It was a long road, I had only begun playing badminton, this man for the top of any club I played for, he was the man to beat. 4 years on, I was getting closer, I think the most I ever took from him was 19 points but he was toying with me. If he ever was behind, he turned it up a notch and destroyed me but at the end of the 08/09 season, I think it was the last singles game I played that season. Last club night of the season. This was it. This had been my goal the entire year and I knew I was close, I knew it. I had never beaten him in a game before so that was my goal to beat him in just a single game.

The game started and I got an early lead, must have been 10 - 6 to me. I was pleased but had to keep playing hard. He came back and it was 19 - 18 to him. I wasnt sure if I was going to do it but I was going to work my butt off to try. It went to 20 - 18 to him. I worked my butt of even more and I kept getting everything back, I won 23 - 21.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

I finally did it after that being my long term goal from when I started and my short term goal that year to beat him. I brought out the goods to win. That put the largest smile on my face. Everyone there couldnt believe it. I think he couldnt believe it himself.

3. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    It was the start of the 09/10 season, we were a few months in so every1 had plenty time to get their skills back from not playing over summer. There was only a few of us at club nit so we thought at the end we would play singles.

I beat my rival in the above post 21 - 17, once again, I was a happy man that I had beat him again! The next player I played immediately after is just as good and younger and I was tired from the 1st game but we played anyway.

I was in the lead all the way and I could see the anger and frustration building in him. He is about a level or 2 above me as is the other player in the above post. He started to crawl his way back but I kept my head down and played as hard as I could, in the end, I beat him 21 - 19.

I had beaten the 2 best players in the club in a row, every1 who was there was amazed that I had beat them. Including the man who runs the club, he doesn't play but will watch and comment!! :mad: on how crap you play if you lose but I showed him. He had shock on his face, I proved him am good!!

4. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Congratulations

You deserve it. Just continue on improving so that you'd consistently beat the top players. :)

5. jairbak

jairbak Regular Member

OK, it was december and it was time for the biggest tournament of Curacao.
    I am a ranked A player and the competition at that tournament was high so I played my way to the finals and then the best match and win ever.
    It was 1-1 in sets.

The 3rd set began and out of no were I began making stupid errors and making defend and smashing errors :confused: until it was 9-18 for him, then in the public a girls screamd my name and cheered me up and my father said to me relax, I closed my eyes for just a second opend them back and I was back in the game not making any more errors,, it was now 19-19 he maked that point and I said to myself 'I didn't come till here to lose' so I made the next 3 points and I won 22-20 :p and the last point I was in defence he keepd on smashing and I had to dive 2 times and at last he hit the shutle in the net :p

everyone cheered for me and that is how a became ranked nr 1 to :p

6. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Wow! I got goosebumps reading your entry. 9-18 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    8 to 9 consecutive points? That was awesome! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

7. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

Am I the only one who's best victory was back when we played to 15? My first tournament ever, made it to the regional finals after having played 8 matches the first day (I ended up turning off the lights at 1 AM, yes AM, after having played the semifinals - had to get up 8'oclock to play double the next day).

The finals were being played in another badmintonhall than the other matches and as it was my first tournament ever I was so nervous (I actually threw up before the match). I go out on court and lose the first set 8-15; my coach came out to me, saying and I quote: "start playing badminton" I asked him what I was doing wrong, the answer: "Everything". So I went out there and began to play badminton, taking the second set 15-8 and the third 17-16 after one hour from the start. This is now almost 8 years ago and I still haven't done anything that surpassed that feeling.