Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. event

event Regular Member

Unfortunately, the BWF numbers used to create this video are way off. Ironically, Sung Ji Hyun is mentioned as a former Asian Champion but the $15,000 she won in 2014 at the Asian Championships is one of the figures the BWF neglected to count. The biggest error is with Lin Dan, whose total is missing nearly half a million dollars. For many players, the biggest missing paycheque is from the 2011 Korea Open.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

It is interesting to see Saina Nehwal in the list but Sindhu is not. It is no wonder that Tai continue to dominates in the list .

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The things you do for good ol' sponsor money... :rolleyes:

It'sMeMeMe and ebcd like this.
  4. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Once again, TTY falls at the WC. She really had a good chance in 2017 to win the WC but chose the Universaide over the WC because the Universaide was held in Taiwan. The funny thing is, so many other Taiwan national players chose to play in the WC over the Universaide in 2017 so this tells you the priority of the other Taiwan players in 2017.

Oh well, next year TTY has a chance to win the OG. But I really think when you have the opportunity to win a prestigious event like the WC, you take it. Viktor had that opportunity in 2017 and he won the WC. Ironically, Momota was out of competitive badminton in 2017 so Viktor really made the best of his opportunity.

Best of luck to TTY at the Olympics next year. With up and coming players like Chen Yu Fei, there will be more and more obstacles to TTY in the future.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I didn't like the way she was playing all week. You could sense that the pressure of finally winning that bloody title was pushing her down and taking away her usual lightness. In fact, it brought back her old worst habits of relying a lot on maximum risk do-or-die shots and giving up any real tactics as soon as the going got tough. I wonder what conclusions she and her coaching team will make from this in regards to the preparation for the upcoming Olympics next year.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that I won't be seeing her play live tomorrow. I guess that was a one-time-only chance since I don't see her coming to the Swiss or German Open during the rest of her career.

PVS played really well today and fully deserves that win, no doubt about that. Her season so far has been a bumpy ride since she moved to Li-Ning.

#1305 s_mair, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Saru, ebcd and Drive Warrior like this.
  6. visor

visor Regular Member

My take is that she was worn out by that tight match against Kim GaEun yesterday to even mount her usual attack with PVS. Kudos really to a surprisingly good Kim (almost like another An SeYoung) as she played really well and would have won over TTY if not for her match inexperience near endgame making errors when she had a good lead. You can tell that TTY was giving her 110% to try to catch up to clinch in straight sets and that probably drained her more than she had planned at the QF stage.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Straight game victory for Tai. And this is nothing for a world class player like Tai . So, there is no question of fatigue or anything. I was surprised that Tai attacked more than PVS in that match. And also, PVS was serving high whereas Tai was serving low thinking of PVS's attack. PVS lost many points in Tai's attack on her serve but still she stick to that high serve. I wonder what was that strategy. At last, as usual, PVS did it with her dodgy determination and got her 5th medal.

Baddie lover, wade and LenaicM like this.
  8. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Can anyone please translate this?

9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

The sun will always shine after the rain...

I only have countless gratitudes, thank you all for accompanying me by my side, the encouragement and the support that you've given me, it would be impossible to say I’m not sad, but this is a necessary process... knowing what I gained from this encounter, is more important than anything else.

I may be slow, but its not late..... I still got to continue travelling the path in front of me

#BelieveInYourself

*edited to give maximum sense while directly translating using every word she wrote*

#1309 esppy, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    visor, ebcd, s_mair and 8 others like this.
  10. Pagz

Pagz Regular Member

I saw her live yesterday for the first time and I have to say that videos of her playing don't do her justice. The little disguises she does with every shot are breathtaking. Her technique is simply amazing and extremely entertaining to watch. I hope she can regain her form of early 2018 and win that OG gold in 2020

Cheung, swsh, Tec07 and 2 others like this.
  11. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

In Tai we trust

12. lurker

lurker Regular Member

i am wondering if anyone could enlighten me why was TTY wearing Yonex for the WC?

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Because it appears that the WC is included in the tournaments where the Chinese Taipei players will wear the team uniform, which happens to be Yonex currently

Saru, s_mair and Cheung like this.
  14. lurker

lurker Regular Member

No
    Noted. TQ

weird arrangement due to WC is not a team event.

15. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

i think best tai is early 2017

16. whatAHassle

whatAHassle Regular Member

That's why I personally wish she would thoughts of winning Olympic Gold and World Cup Gold out of her mind for good.
    Why gold ? Because when they win silver or bronze, there is always somebody somewhere to say that it is not good enough?
    IMHO, those are the kind of thoughts that derail a person and get them to veer of a path that is most suitable for them.
    The desire for recognition becomes one of the driving causes of their failures.

i.e. "If I win Olympic Gold and World Cup Gold people will finally recognize my value."
    I think they might as well not, even when you do win Olympic Gold and World Cup Gold.

I still remember the 2010 WS Final in Singapore

I see the same quality and talent as then (though refined). X, Y or Z medal is not going to change anything.

Clay-more likes this.
  17. vozer here

adam's apple?
    [​IMG]

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

In case you missed it in your biology lesson...

- - -
    Difference in males and females?

Both men and women have an Adam's apple
    Both males and females develop Adam's apples, but they tend to stick out more in males than in females.

This is because the male larynx generally grows bigger and faster during puberty.
    A larger larynx explains why males tend to have deeper and louder voices than females.

It is important to remember, however, that this is not always the case.
    Hormonal differences affect the way that the larynx, and Adam's apple, develop. As a result of these differences, a male may have a smaller larynx and a voice with a higher pitch.

For the same reason, a female may have a larger larynx, a more prominent Adam's apple, and a voice with a lower pitch.
    - - -

*taken from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324146.php

19. Clay-more

Clay-more Regular Member

What are you implying?

20. vozer here

it mean i see adam's apple. Just notice it