Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

She's now at peak physical fitness in her career. So her thinking may be that if she gets gold OG, she will retire with a happy ending. And if she doesn't get gold, to keep her physicality going for another 4 years from now would be too much especially for female WS players, so she will also retire. Either way, retirement.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Yoji, s_mair and ebcd like this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I can feel she might want to retire as WR1.

3. Pagz

Pagz Regular Member

LenaicM, Saru, stanleyfm and 3 others like this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This can mean everything and nothing. Thinking about it, it makes total sense not to go public with her post-tokyo plans before the actual tournament, even if she knew already. Let's just assume she really decides to call it quits - can you image the mental pressure coming from the public (added to the one that is already existing in herself...) since it's her final chance to win a "big one"? You must be superhuman not to crumble under that before you even hit the first olympic shuttle.

#1364 s_mair, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    stanleyfm, Sumanth99 and Cheung like this.
  5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

BWF unlimited épisode of the week is out and we have a good interview of TTY starting at 15:00 through the end of the video. At 19:00 she talks about retirement and it does seem like her mind is set to something. May be not a full retirement but it seems that she might take things easier after the Olympics.

s_mair likes this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Great interview. You can feel that she's talking from her heart instead of replying with prepared zero-content phrases. And from the way she answered the question regarding her post-tokyo plans, I think it's pretty obvious that she has specific plans that start after the Olympics. So I expect her to take a certain (part)time-out afterwards and then to make up her mind before start of the 2021 season if she fully gets back into badminton business or retires.

And apart from that, it's remarkable to see how much her whole appearance has changed over the years. Also, I love the spot-on analysis in terms of strengths and weaknesses of her own game. There is literally not a single word to add. :D

LenaicM likes this.
  7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Totally! Let's enjoy her while it lasts...

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Damn right!

Loh and LenaicM like this.