Talbot Torro Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by work5, Sep 8, 2013.

1. work5

work5 New Member

Hello!

In the past, I've been playing badminton for fun just a few times a year ... now I plan to play it more frequently (1x-2x a week). So from having a racket for 5 � (steel/aluminium), I'd "upgrade" to something around 50 �.

Here, I have a possibility to get a good deal for Talbot Torro rackets. My concern is, that I have never heard of this brand and I have no clue if their products are any good. It's actually harder than you'd think to find any valuable info on-line. Couldn't find any tests, reviews; nothing valuable on YouTube; couldn't find any pro-players endorsed by the company ... and all that is quite confusing and unusual. That's why I'd like to check with YOU, badminton community, to give me some input =)

My options:
    a) ISOFORCE 611.3 (50 �)
    http://www.talbottorro.de/en/products/isoforce/isoforce-11/single/article/isoforce-6113.html
    b) ARROWSPEED 799.2 (60 �)
    http://www.talbottorro.de/en/products/arrowspeed/single/article/arrowspeed-7992.html
    c) ARROWSPEED 599.3 (30 �)
    http://www.talbottorro.de/en/products/arrowspeed/single/article/arrowspeed-5993.html

Materials and everything else on paper looks pretty much perfect. But how about the real in-game experience and durability?

And a follow-up question:
    What's the difference between Graphite and Carbon built rockets; pros/cons?

Thanks in advance :)

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello. :)

Here in Germany Talbot Torro is famous Brand which is used by recreational and low county players. IMO they produce really crappy rackets. I have seen a douzen colapsing during playing without a clash or tension above 22lbs. And not by a really heavy smasher. They break during matches of some better backyard shuttlers. They offer always great deals like "From 129€ reduced to 59,95" or something similar. Avoid them and save your money. This rackets are toys and not sporting goods. Broken handles, broken Frames, broken shafts. Everything seen in a short period.
    Save your money and get a Yonex, Forza, Carlton, Head, Babolat, Victor, Oliver or something similar.
    Here a second advice: Don't buy a Crane, A1 or Tecno.

3. work5

work5 New Member

Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback!
    Yeah, the whole think with Talbot Torro is really a bit shady. How can it be possible they are >promoting< so much their "Sehr Gut Testnote" the rackets supposedly received, but the web-page doesn't even exist =S

OK, let's move on to the brands I know. Here is a short list of available stuff here near.
    [TABLE="width: 326"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Carlton PowerBlade 5010[/TD]
    [TD]20 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Victor Vertex XG 9[/TD]
    [TD]42 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Forza Ti – 3000 N-Forze CNT[/TD]
    [TD]49 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Yonex NanoSpeed 100[/TD]
    [TD]50 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Li-Ning UC 2100A[/TD]
    [TD]58 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Victor V-Strut JS 40/XT 40[/TD]
    [TD]60 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Wilson Power BLX[/TD]
    [TD]70 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Forza Ti – 5000 N-Forze CNT[/TD]
    [TD]72 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Victor Total Inside Wave contrail[/TD]
    [TD]79 EUR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

What would you recommend as best price/performance racket?
    And keep in mind it's for a recreational player (playing twice a week), so I need to be able to handle it =)

4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Out of this list the FZ Ti 3000 is a really good racket, which is suitable for beginner to intermediate players. If you are an advanced player and be able to handle stiff rackets: The Ti 5000.

5. work5

work5 New Member

[MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION]
    Thanks for the info!

I was told it might be better to have a session or two with a coach who can see my style of play and based on that recommend a racket ... plus all that selection I listed earlier is available online & I'd have to wait a couple of days to get it.
    But today, before I went to play badminton, I stopped at one shop & it happened, impulse purchase.
    I got myself CARLTON Air Intercept.

• Frame weight: 88 g
    • Flex: Medium
    • Balance: Even
    • Construction: Japanese HM Carbon
    • String tension: 8-13 kg

It was 28 EUR, so even if it doesn't turn out too well, it's not a big loss.

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Your decision sounds good. :) Wish you much fun with your new racket.

7. StefanDO

StefanDO Regular Member

PhD student (Neuropsychology)
    I agree - Carlton rackets have quite a good value-for-money, I started with Carlton Powerblade Graphite for about 30 EUR and I didn't regret it. Especially in the beginning it's good to have high durability (and the Powerblade Graphite killed some Yonex during clashes lol). Once your level increases and you look for more control, I can recommend some mid-level Yonex rackets. For high-level, however, I'd prefer the top range of Victor, because my experience is that the high-level Yonex rackets - despite great handling - are not durable enough.