taufik PHOBIA

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by taufik-ist, Aug 23, 2005.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ha..ha

yes... li yong bo also got taufik PHOBIA... after susi PHOBIA

2. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    Hey, you know, during the Sudirman Cup, I read this article in the official Sudirman Cup website that said that while the Chinese team is generally confident in winning the Cup, they did say that there was just one problem: Taufik Hidayat. I think Taufik-phobia is a little exagerrated but if I were Li Yongbo, I would certainly be worried because Taufik will threaten chinese domination in the men's singles, but hey, China has no shortage of talent in the men's singles, so they really shouldn't worry too much. However, Sony dwi Kuncoro is still young and can still improve a lot in the next few years. If he can be as good as Taufik and stay that way for at least one year, then China will be in serious trouble.

3. the_way

the_way Regular Member

well, sony is really capable, he has beaten taufik many times and also in international stage like ABC. He also spearhead indon's challenge in MS when Taufik had problems and conflicts with PBSI.

However, I m juz wondering, why he appear rarely in badminton tournaments after olympic? taking break like audina? studies?

Or mayb he shud migrate to USA to study like Tony:D :D :D :D :D :D .

4. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    From what I read, Sony sustained an injury sometime after the Olympics which took him out of international tournaments for 6 months or something like that. The first time he came back on the international stage was the earlier stages of Sudirman Cup when he played against Lin Dan. Apparently, in the first game, Sony gave the chinese coach quite a scare because Lin Dan had to work really hard to beat him 17-16. For a guy who hasn't been competitive for 6 months, I think that's pretty damn good. For the 2005 WC, he also took quite a lot of points of Peter Gade. Give it a few more tournaments and he will be the usual reliable player PBSI once had. But hey, going to the USA might not be such a bad idea. ;)