TC: Semi Malaysia vs Denmark Doubles (KKK match)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by Sephiroth, May 9, 2006.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    There were multiple incidents with the KKK's partner Chang Chong Ming and the Umpire. I got the vids but the commentator is speaking in chinese and i don't understand what is going on !?

Can someone please go through step by step what is going on as each of the incidents unfold. Many thanks!

Sephiroth.

P.S. That Umpire is by far the worse... he was v inconsiderate while judging the women's final doubles in the commonwealth games 2006.
    lol I think he takes his job "too" seriously.

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Chan chong Ming was given a yellow card at first for misconduct, he wasnt ready when the dane served. Then at 17-17, he was given a red card for misconduct again for shouting to the opponent.

But i dont noe who that man in the red t-shirt who intervene is? can someone tell me who he is?

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I still dun see the reasons why umpire in badminton has to impose such a strict rules on players. Badminton is not even a sport that has body contacts.

4. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

He is the tournament refree (The boss of the tournament, he may overrule an umpire's decision, but in almost all occassion he would not do so).

5. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Exactly, but having said that and come to think about it , one would realize how well-mannered the sport is. Try to find another sport that are so strict in manners, well there are of course but badminton is just one of the good manner and polite game among the others. This is good because it helps to build up moral, which is somewhat lacking these days in the world.

6. thiery

thiery Regular Member

This was how the incident unfold.

1 - Chan was surprised to receive the red card.
    2 - Then, the Indian referee read the score as 17-17 each.
    3 - KKK was unhappy with the score.
    4 - So KKK raised his racket to clarify it with the tournament referee. (If you listened clearly, KKK and CCM actually talked cantonese with the tournament referee - this is why I can translate this.....hehe)
    5 - Tournament referee made the umpire to change the score to 18-17.

Before the red card, the score was 17-16. But in that service, CCM and KKK scored a point, which meant it should be 18-16. And with the red card, the Danish pairs got one extra point. Hence the score should be 18-17. (Not 17-17 as read by the umpire)

I wonder how can that guy be a referee. He can't even keep the score, what else can we expect from him?

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think the umpire was right in his decisions. Strict rules against time-wasting were enforced, as they should. The game is now more free flowing and any interruptions caused by delaying tactics of players must be punished. Shouting at your opponent should warrant an instant red card. Players who use delaying antics to disrrupt and break their opponents' winning streak will and should be given a yellow card warning.

8. yling

yling Regular Member

the danes arent gentleman too
    they serve when chongming and kk was talking to the referee...

9. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I saw Eriksen clinching a fist at one point at the Malaysian and got a yellow card. I guess a player can't shout or clinch a fist or point a finger at the opponent.

I also heard the umpire give KKK a warning for shouting too loud, saying "you are scaring the opponent!" Sounded like KKK was screaming and shouting at the top of his lungs....:eek:

Seems at Pro level, the players have lost all respect and sportsmanship to the opponents. The coaching staff should discipline all their players.
    :D :D :D Mostly Mens Double Teams:D :D :D

10. kaybee_dino

kaybee_dino Regular Member

What is wrong with that Indian Umpire? I just felt like knocking him on the head.

We could have won the 2nd set if not because of him.

11. mcchooi

mcchooi Regular Member

mas v den

hey - were you in japan? or was the tournament broadcasted on sky sports? would you by any chance have a copy of the mas v den match?

thanks - billy

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    thanks for the feedback guys. Man, if there one person i wanna kill... i swear its that umpire. He's too weird and strict to referee any match... lol

13. thiery

thiery Regular Member

I was in London at that time. I watched using tvvants, just like most of the people in this forum did during the TC.

The video for that match is available at the video sharing area in this forum. It was uploaded by Takeshi.

14. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

i m kinda new, so could u pls post the link 2 me...thanx so much!!

15. thiery

thiery Regular Member

16. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
  17. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    What about clinching a fist at your opponent, kinda like throwing a punch in the air?

In the video, I saw KKK Clinching his fist after every point, but away from the opponent. Eriksen did it at the opponent inadvertently(not on purpose), he was celebrating at the net shot and the umpire gave him a verbal or was it a yellow card warning (I don't remember).

18. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

whatever.. i think the umpire was bias.. kept on picking on ccm.. well.. it's over.. who cares.. haha.. but yea.. we could have won the 2nd match...

19. chess_wim

chess_wim Regular Member

ASEAN region,currently on scholarship in UK
    actually, chong ming was given a card(i forgot whether it was yellow or red) because they took lead 18-16 and punched his fists in the air because he was happy. the umpire thought he was doing it at the opponents, therefore, he gave them a yellw/ red card, chong ming was confused after that.....

20. Dzgdz

Dzgdz Regular Member

finance
    I didn't see the match but there are certain rules (or rather recommendations) that umpires should follow:

if the player is not ready after the break between the games there is an yellow card immediately

you can't shout anything directly to the opponent. it is also forbidden to show (point in the air) the fist toward the opponent. in such a (first) case the umpire gives unofficial warning (just saying e.g. don’t do it again, its not allowed). if the same thing occurs again then a card is shown. if there was yellow in the past, the red (and point to the opponent) goes

I would like to remind that the red guy - referee (the one on the chair is called umpire) cannot overrule the decisions of umpire, he comes to the court when there is an argument in respect of rules (e.g. does the red card mean point, players want to replace line judges). referee cannot change the umpire's decision that e.g. shuttle touched the opponent or was there a fault receiver or not

regards

dzgdz