TC: Semi Malaysia vs Denmark Doubles (KKK match)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by Sephiroth, May 9, 2006.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    yeh taneepak, no disrespect but... that umpire was way out of order. He even gave a yellow card to denmark near the end of the second game.

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Not to humiliate IBF, but anyone knows if those umpires or referees are well trained to do the task !!! Imagine a referee making the same mistake in World Cup Soccer, Wimbledon, NBA, ...etc.

In any case, I am sure you will see the same umpire or referee again in another major tournament repeating the same mistake.

3. ursexy_eleanor

ursexy_eleanor Regular Member

wow. you must have tuned ur tv volume to the max to hear them talking. the only part i heard KKK and CCM talking was KKK said "mou kom gou"(cantonese) in english, it means "not too high" during the match.LoL

yea...they could have won the second set, i hate that umpire ,too. He's prejudiced against the Malaysian players.wtf!

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have watched the doubles between Chan/KKK and the Danes a few times-I have got it on my HDD. You will see Chan disregarding the umpire's gesturing him to stop leaving the court to wipe his face a few times. Not only did he not stop wiping to go back to the court immediately, instead he would wipe a second time. Chan was obviously flouting the rules and showing disrespect for the umpire not once but repeatedly, until he crossed the line.
    The umpires are also ranked. Those umpiring in the finals are supposed to be the best. I see no reason to disagree.

5. peace

peace Regular Member

I think CCM showed disrespect to the referee for many times.
    So, red card was given for him.
    Come on, be neutral in this case......:D ...
    Also, The Dane, I think they were not ready for several times when MAS service, that's why they got the card too...
    A strict referee....:cool:

6. winston

winston Regular Member

Executive
    CCM got a yellow card followed by a red card because he clinched his fist twice facing his opponents. The Denmark team got a yellow card later on for the same reason. I realized the Chinese double team also has the habit of holding their fists, but they always do it facing sideway or with their back against their opponents.

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Disagree, the umpire did a great job
    You can see CCM is pressing on that umpire's nerve all the time and testing his patience..
    The new rule is u can't towel down untill interval... CCM obviously didn't obey that and waste lots of time
    And provoke his opponent all the time
    He seriously lack of discipline..

#27 Simp84, May 21, 2006
    Last edited: May 21, 2006
  8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I agree. I find that the malaysian doubles players' antics in general are a little "ugly" and "dirty". They somehow diminishes the nice-guy-player image of their other team members suchs as LCW and WCH. KKK in particular are a little rowdy.

9. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    haha was wondering whether YKH or rexy were like that back then?:p

10. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Taneepak (again), EastDevil and Simp84 no disrespect but... with umpire telling not to wipe his face a few times is pushing it. In all seriousnous, i never believe in walking aoround the court or wiping ur face to be a waste of time. As a matter of fact, the players had every right to gesture against the empire 'cause he was way out of order, flashing yellow cards and red cards...as if to attract attention. To me he was looking like an idiot.

He is obviously a first timer... he should see singles matches with people like Gade and Chen Hong and see how competetive they can be. He picked on CCM way too much while at the same time, the Danish pair were gesturing as much as the Malaysians (who I support). Most Thomas Cups have a rowdy and loud atmosphere. The umpire should be content with the supportive atmosphere and let the game continue to run since he is obviously in between two countries fight for a very pretigious title.

I still regard him as being the worst umpire so far since it feels as if he wants the games to end quickly, i.e. put up a red card at something considered "disrectful" just so they get the picture and game carries on smoothly. Soz but it shouldn't be like that, IBF or not, he doesn't do his job properly.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Actually the Umpire is not a first timer... he is just having some Mis-judgement..

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    I meant it metaphorically, ants. As in... he doesn't know what he's talking about. Still... thanks for pointing that out

Oh btw... there are like, thousands of umpires who allow fist shaking and pointing at an opponent and they don't point it out... why should he have done so ?