team indoneasian performance

Discussion in 'China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005' started by nugroho, Sep 22, 2005.

1. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

sooo... long day ... alot of upsets but nice.
    but so far i congrats to HENDRAWAN as women coach. in this tournament Indonesia represent one WS and one pair WF in 1\4 final.
    even play in their home country which gave alot of confident but maria kristin show her best today. I do not know about PBSI target in women dicipline, but for my personally it's quite good result.

For MS taufik lost is a big surprise, but not that bad though. I believe that Sony and Simon can do their best. Sony has skill and mental as a champion. and Simon has great and accurate shoot.

MD, well, today indonesia has strong and alot squad. so, i have no worry about md this area.

XD: we create 3 pairs in QF and upset to the thai pair. a place guarante in Semi final, what about all indonesian final?

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My thoughts

For the ladies...pretty unexpected that Indonesia still has representatives in both disciplines by the quarter-final stage. Maria Kristin has done well for the past two weeks, winning the JPGG Surabaya Satellite and advancing to the quarter-final this week. Its possible for her to create another upset tomorrow as she won relatively easily while Kaori Mori was stretched to 3 games by Silvi Antarini (the ex-Pelatnas player). I hope she can win tomorrow...chances are 40-60. As expected, Wang Chen and Wong Mew Choo are still one class above Nana and Firda. I had predicted last week (when the draw was made) that the best Firda and Nana could go is Round 1/16. Firda managed to do that. Lets hope they can do their best once more in the Bitburger Open next month. Target: at least a semi-final appearance from one of the three gals. The other notable entries for the Bitburger Open include: Xu Huaiwen, Yao Jie, Petya Nedelcheva, Li Li, and Xing Aiying (all in the top 15). A victory in this tournament will be slightly difficult...but not impossible given that Maria Kristin has already defeated Yao Jie this week.

For ladies doubles, its tough luck that Jo Novita/Gresya Polii had to meet Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui so early. Lita Nurlita/Natalia Poluakan at least saved a bit of face for the Indo team by beating the Danish pair. Can they surprise us by beating Saralee/Satinee tomorrow? Jo/Gresya has done that....so...its again not impossible. As for target in the next tournament: champions! Looking at the entries for Bitburger Open, I don't see any notable pair, except maybe for some Japanese (but not the top ones like Reiko Shiota/Kimiko Ogura). Lets hope we can see a women's double title soon...(we haven't had one for so long.....)

For mixed doubles, nothing much to comment...all went according to expectations except for Devin Lahardi/Vita Marissa beating the much-fancied pair of Sudket/Saralee. I think they might sneak to the semi-final and face Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung. In the other side of the draw, Nova/Butet shouldn't have much problems with the younger Korean pair of Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun. They might face the other Thai...which is a dangerous pair.

Now...come to the debate abt Taufik's performance. Has anyone read the comments by Mulyo Handoyo (his coach). Basically, he mentioned about Taufik achieving almost every major titles available (except for All England) and this word caught my eye..."kejenuhan....Biasanya seorang pemain yang telah mencapai puncak, ia akan merasa jenuh dan perlu waktu tiga bulan untuk kembali ke kondisi terbaiknya". In English, it means that he is tired of getting the same titles over and over again. Correct me if I am wrong here :D

I am personally pleased that Taufik lost...because it gives Indo's men's singles a hope, especially with Thomas Cup just around the corner. Simon caught my eye in last year's Thomas Cup, but since then, he has not impressed me...because he's mostly out of the Open pretty early (before quarter-final). This win will definitely boost his ranking (at least to the top 30 by next week) and I believe with a better ranking and a more favourable draw, he can push his way at least to the top 15 within one year.

As for Sony, he has an easier job of disposing Marleve instead of Ng Wei and he will face two Malaysians next, starting with Wong Choong Han tomorrow. If he can get through Lee Chong Wei, I think he is in for the title.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For WS, i still think all 3 of Pelatnas' players, they are *all equal*. Until one of them break out and start winning and reaching the SF or Finals matches, they are still equal. How far they go also depends on the draw they get.

For WD, if Nurlita/Poluakan can go to at least the SF or Final, it showed that they are playing "smarter" than Polii/Novita, in this particular tournament. At least they have 2 pairs they can rely on for next year's Uber Cup.

i have a feeling it could be an all-indonesian XD final. Lee Jae Jin just played in the recent ABC tourney with a bandaged thigh and he's also playing MD. I don't know how much energy left he has.
    Good to know at least for now, INA have 2 XD pair to rely on.
    it's quite possible and valid what coach Mulyo said. If you don't mind me adding more to the translation, coach Mulyo also said "usually a player who has reached his career potential(as in Taufik), he will feel "mentally tired" or bored and needs about 3 months timeframe to recuperate/regain his best playing condition again.."
    For Sony, with the absence of Taufik now, IMO, it's his tournament to win his first ever IO title.
    BTW, you forgot the MD field??...:).

4. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i think.... simon is not ready for the crop...and i think sony will win this tittle. it will give him his top 10 rank by next week. his point of the ABC is not count yet last week.