Team Malaysia in Japan Open..

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by nwy5633, Sep 13, 2007.

1. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I don't think it's anybody's fault. In any sport there are upsets. I saw them play today and they tried everything to win. It was just unfortunate that all of them lost today except LCW. There were other upsets in other teams, Fu/Cai tandem is also a victim.
    Roslin Hashim almost got Lin Dan, Gao Ling and Hwang Shui struggled hard before winning.
    All the Malaysian players tried very hard. Let's not blame anyone. In any sport, there are winners and losers. It's all part of the game.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    That is always the problem. And it could make the match last longer.

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

I am not so sure "RH almost got LD'. LD tends to play easy in the early rounds and go 3-setter with unseeded players. How LD played RH would indicate whether he was playing easy or indeed pushed hard by RH extending to 3 sets. The 3rd game was a one-sided affair, may indicate that even though the game went 3-set, LD was not threatened at all.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..maybe, too much shopping distraction & temptation for the players??..:confused::p;)
    ..well, hopefully all the MAS BCers will stick around & populate BC when their players are not playing, now that 90% of their players competing are out..If LCW should falter before SF or Finals (gud forbids, X Ball;)), this forum could turn preeetty quiet, come this weekend..:rolleyes::p

#24 ctjcad, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think a lot of pressure and confusion arose after the 2007 World Championship debacle on the MAS home soil... Unnecessary added pressure on [or by] the top management makes the environment less fun to be in and inhibits inspiration and creativity...

6. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I don't mind making some noises here after LCW gets eliminated in the quarter final, and most of the Malaysian fans are gone for this weekend... if that makes you happy.:p

The only way, I can see Chen Jin losing to LCW is if Chen Jin really want to go shopping in Japan with the cute Japanese WD pair being the tour guide... THAT'S THE ONLY WAY... or maybe LCW may want to do the same and lose on purpose... you just never know.:p

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Makes me happy??..

:p..hehe, nooooo..In fact, i prefer the forum to be populated with as many BCers and them filling the forum w/noise (btw, majority of BCers are from M'sia, if you don't already know)..;):cool:

8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    You just broke my little heart...:crying::crying::crying:.

Be prepared for the re-match of last year Japan Open MS final... Lin Dan vs Taufik... until the 2nd part of the 3rd game, that match was one of my favorite actually...:cool:

Goodbye, majority of BCers, guess you guys won't be around on Saturday nor Sunday and hope you guys come back next week + thanks for coming by...LOL:p

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Approaching the last 3 days of competition..

:confused:..and whyyy??..:confused::p
    ..yes, let's hope for a rematch from last yr's MS Final:p..I'm sure LinDan, after seeing the debacle in the 3rd game of last yr's Japan Open, is quite antsy in playing against Taufik again, as he has unfinished business to take care of in his mind..:rolleyes::D;):cool:

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I thought you meant my posts in this forum ain't/wont be entertaining enough to compensate the loss of all the Malaysian fans after LCW losing out in the QF tomorrow.:p

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Ohh..

..you, bananakid:p....never change, only the screen-name changes..:rolleyes::D;)

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    You got that right...LOL:D
    I tried to behave more, but someone(not you) got me started again, it's hard to stop...:p

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    better behave again, bananakid, you are being watched...

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    :crying::crying::crying: now, I am sad...:crying::crying::crying:

15. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Or soon you might become the bananababy :D

16. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Nice quote buddy.. MAS shouldn't feel ashame with the fighting display by their players. IF they both lost the game tamely with all sets going under 10 pts, we could not said much but js feel they are giving up the games to their opponents. In fact, for me, MAS, INA, KOR etc whoever tried hard to win but failed deserve some respects :cool:

17. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I don't believe any player would play it easy in Super Series events. If they can get it in 2 sets they will.
    All the players are possible winners. Some may have better edge than the others but it is still anybody's game. :)

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree there are no easy games especially in SS...therefore I concur with you.

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If u r a player who plays competitive tourneys, ur statement is somehow untrue. Few players are slow starter, others need time to adjust to the draft in the stadium, or just to get the feel of the tourney. IMHO, there's no way this old vetaran carries any threats to the mighty LinDan, and the 3rd set results just proved everything.

Anyway, a win is always a sweet win, be it 2 setters or rubbers.

20. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

I think is normal for MD to go down again after the WC, they just need some time to bound back.

but see what YKH said to the news:
    “Besides, there were other upsets too. Our goal is the Beijing Olympics and I am confident our players will get back on the right track.”

Last year, when Thomas cup fail, he said the same thing and set new goal as WC".

One month ago, WC fail, he said "is good experience so can learn form the mistake, we will review and show improve in JO"

now, JO fail, he said "our goal is olympic"

next year if olympic fail, he will said "is ok to fail in beijing, our goal is 2009 WC"

2009 if WC fail, he will said, "we learn so much from WC 2009, our goal is 2010 asian game"

and going on and on.........