Tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Dezlets, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Guys not sure if it's the correct place to post.

may I ask if currently I'm using 26lbs on a racket but the smash is not as forceful by dropping 2lbs will it help to make my smash harder?

I understand that by dropping the tension the accuracy will also be affected as well?

Cheers :)

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

There is some factor involve in it.
    1. Do you have good enough power to do a powerfull blow
    2. Does your technique is good
    3. Do you hit right at the sweet spot or not
    4. Do you switch racket recently
    5. Do you able to smash hard before & with what configuration

1 thing to keep in mind, yes lowering tension will benefit you for more repulsive force with the cost of accuracy. Other than that, the sweet spot also become bigger & easier for you to hit inside the sweetspot area. Ask your friend to feed you with good birdie for repeat smash. Would you be able to smash hard 1 or 2 times? If yes, your problem is on your timing to hit the sweetspot consistently.

3. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Hi budi, thanks for the reply. So meaning to say that if I'm not able to hit the sweet spot frequently meaning to say that i should lower my tension to the suitable tension whereby in able to hit consistently at the sweet spot? Thanks!

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

With minimum information, i can only guesing & yup sweetspot consistency is one of few problem i can think of.

Other reason might be hitting technique. Strong arm with bad technique resulting weak punch.

Stiffer shaft racket also generate less power.

Then Head heavy sledge hammer racket is indeed powerfull for smashing but if one doesnt have the power to swing it, it also resulting weak punch. Doesnt mean lighter one is good. If you cant generate enough speed for the swing then you will punch weaker than it should be. You need to find your own balance between this light or heavy.

5. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

My friend have said that my technique is wrong thou. But still trying to change. But I'm using even balance racket as I'm not able to handle head heavy be it during defense or offense.
    But I think my main issue is tenchique and also I'm not able to hit the sweet spot as consistent at 26lbs