Thank you ALL! Regards, from Mike Yang

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

:) Hi Everyone in Badminton Central,

This is Mike Yang. I know I don't post often , but I quite like to read this popular forum where all the Badminton lovers can come together in harmony and talk about our beloved common interest! I want to give a few words of Thanks for the success of our USA Trials held at GGBC over the weekend. While we all worked so hard to make it happen, it would not have been so, had our team not been such a productive and determined one. It was the most amazing and most sensational experience for us and we hope to continue to strive for better in the years to come!

First of all, I would like to Thank the USAB for giving us this honor of hosting the Trials. Without their full support, surely, it could not have happened. Our Tournament Director, Chris Lawrence. I have no other word than "awe" for this man whom I respect very much and who has supported me, and GGBC from our opening day in 2005. We are Brothers in our passion for badminton and hope our teamwork can contribute to badminton for a long time to come. Our gracious and most professional Umpires who never waivered in their dedication, they are the first to arrive and last to leave, they are all the heros behind the scenes. Our sponsors, Sheraton Hotel and Yonex. They have always given us their trust and we hope we never disappoint them. Our official photographers from BC and 16 feathers.com, Founder of Badminton Central Kwun and his partner Weng. I know Kwun spent hours uploading photos to post here and keep you updated losing much needed sleep. He deserves an award for this website where we can voice our passion with players from all over the World and his friend Weng who is as dedicated! Their collective efforts have given us the memories of a lifetime. Also Bright Soo, our GGBC member, who has painstakingly video taped as many games as one person can possibly do and those tapes will be available at GGBC soon! We have to give him some time to do his serious editing! Hats off to our GG Volunteers whom give their support to us at every event. We only hope we can do something for them someday soon! Our GGBC staff, whom without, I would not have my left and right hands. They are invaluable to me. I do so appreciate their loyal efforts and and unwaivering support to myself and GGBC. To Tony Gunawan, Howard Bach, Bob Malaythong, and our own Coach Chandra for their eye popping :eek: exhibition match. Well, I only wish I could have been part of that match! But right now I can probably only manage to match my clothes! I believe by mass concensus it was just awesome, and to see such artistry on the court up close is probably something we will store in our memories for always. I want to especially thank Tony, Howard and Chandra for our Clinic. I know all the students enjoyed that immensely and it was a very rare chance to learn from the very best. I certainly would have joined if I was not busy running the tournament!

I would like to make special mention to ALL the participating Players. Thank you for coming to Bay Area and to GGBC, gracing our facility with your presence, and making this tournament as good as it can be! You are all great Players and I do admire all of you so much for your sportsmanship and comaraderie. We all support you in your quest for the Sudirman cup and Pan Am Championship We also you will forge on ahead for Olympic Glory. You have all of Bay Areas love and support behind you! I would like to thank all the major Badminton Clubs in the nation who sent their top players becos I believe United States has so much talent we've seen in the year past and we can only hope there will be more seeds growing to nurture into the badminton world so we can see our sport receive the respect and recognition it deserves. My appreciation to the Media for giving such great assistance in their drive to publicise our Trials and for spreading the goodness of Badminton to recruit many many more new players!

Lastly, I'd like to Thank all of the YOU, the audience, who captivates the spirit of the game and came to participate in supporting the players! It was important you were all there cheering them on and GGBC really appreciates your vigor and pure energy!

I will continue to find ways to promote Badminton; Bay Area has become a main port for the badminton community and together we can only make it better! Take care everyone, and until the next event.....Smash with Passion!

Sincerely yours, Mike Yang

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    on behalf of the badminton fans in the bay area, i would like to, in return, thank Mike and his team for yet another well run tournament. GGBC provided us such a top quality badminton spectacle. the whole GGBC was jammed packed with spectators, badminton players and family of players. the atmosphere was awesome.

personally i enjoyed the matches as well as enjoyed taking photos. i had a blast over the weekend.

Attached Files:

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Congrats also, Mike..

...from just another BC member, just want to say congrats also for hosting the USA National Team Trials and making it a big success!! I'm sure all the people involved truly enjoyed it!!:cool:[​IMG] Hopefully with the presence of your club as well as the other badminton clubs in the bay area, working together, the younger/junior players will benefit tremendously and the sport will grow even more. After all, they will be the future of USA Badminton..;) :cool:
    *On that note, do come here more often to BCF and post some more with us..;):)

#3 ctjcad, Feb 8, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. kineda

kineda Regular Member

Founder Kineda.com
    Thumbs up to Mike and the rest of the BBGC team for hosting the trials! :D

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Congrats to GGBC for hosting the trials and provide an opportunity to expose the players to the local community.