that determines the tension of the main or the cross???

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Tanislasqui, Jul 9, 2024 at 2:22 PM.

1. Tanislasqui

Tanislasqui New Member

If they ask me for a racket with 30lbs. Does it mean that the main is 30lbs and the cross is 32??? or main 28lbs and cross 30lbs

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

My standard request for new stringer, i would tell my peferend number, said 27lbs.
    Regardless actually its 27/25 or 27/29 or 27/27, i just let the stringer decide.
    After stringing it come to testing periode, is it to loosen or to tight for me.
    Next is adjustment periode when i strung it again. I will adjust my number depend on the testing periode.
    It would repeat like 2 times, if i still cant get the result i want, then i would consider the stringer consistency is bad & i would find another stringer.

So dont bother much about it. Today racket spec & model is already complicated enough for us to deal, let the headace of stringing to the stringer whom we paid the job for.

3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Usually it means the main tension. What the stringer does with the cross differs, unless you specify.
    Every stringer will differ slightly from another. What is most important is that the stringer is consistent. So after trying once with them, you can adjust your request to your liking.

#3 thyrif, Jul 9, 2024 at 11:01 PM
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024 at 3:13 AM
    jmpsmash, DarthHowie and s_mair like this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

what he said. :)

Budi likes this.