the reasonable squad for mas in sudirman cup 2009

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by limsy, Mar 23, 2009.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Likely to be KBH and HH.
    KBH has some muscles to show now which means he's working.He has stretched TH and BCL to 3 games, a clear indication of steady progress.As long as he continues to work harder and have more exposure to hone his tactics,he's due to create upsets.Fred also has to work on him to stay focussed and maintain confidence during a match.
    TCS is not quite there yet. Still at the awkward stage of playing well one tournament and crashing out the next.(That's normal pattern but Rashid and some MAS fans do not seem to know.)Inconsistency is the stage before consistency.Still long way to reach consistency,maybe 2 more years of continued opportunities.
    HH is ok for SC because SC does not involve matches every day.But HH should not be allowed to compete in SS at the expense of Rashid's boys.Just play in GP Gold until he wins a GP Gold title.That will be his passport to SS.If he can't win a title, then let him continue to feel lonely and work harder in the gym.High time he understands he has to slog for his place to be in the SS queue behind Rashid's boys.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,they can list as much as they want,only 7 comfirmed plus 3 will be send. u can know who be send if u go klia when they depart:p

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Cool eh? When they set the date, make sure it'll be publicize, yea?
    I won't expect george to be true stalker and watch their every move, though.
    :p.

#43 koo_fan, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Based on the latest performance, I have to agree Kuan Beng Hong should be given another chance as he seems to play more aggressive and pro-active. As for Hafiz, I don't deny he has better talent but his attitude still the same, "tak apa"(doesn't matter), you just don't know what trick shots is he going to use to kill himself, sometime I wonder shouldn't that also be the responsibility of the coaches to remind him not to use those low percentage shots? I think if KBH continue to work hard then I will not be surprise to see good results, I am not sure about Hafiz though.

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, KBH sort of gives you that impression that he could have been an LCW but somehow it went terribly wrong because probably he lacked a strong attitude. I hope there is enough time for him to come back again - very hard to tell because they are at an age where they can just give it all up easily.

He should take LCW as the benchmark and try to emulate LCW's work rate - in fact all of them should. LCW is a very good example for everyone to follow -- they must train like this guy. I am pretty sure this is an advantage for BAM - to use him as the guideline for others.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree.That's why HH should not be sent to SS level until he wins a GP Gold title. He has to know that if he cannot win a GP/Gold title, he is no longer competitive enough.In that case, better to pay him to be a high class sparring partner.He said he lost enough to reach his ideal weight after gym work.Well, he has to do better than that.Weight is not a good reference of fitness.In IO,he looked as toned as a WS.MS usually has muscles to show for fitness and strength.He would look leaner and may weigh more if he has more muscle content since muscle is denser than fat.Doesn't the NSI educate MAS players on sports science basics? Maybe HH still cannot comprehend.

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this is maybe due to BAM listened to someone's advise of dont send too much players there
    wasting taxpayers money only:p

8. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    apart from te choosen ones .. only 3 more will be selected ......maybe BAM really feels the "heat " global economy crisis...

9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I am not sure about selecting TCS for MS backup. If Malaysia is serious about hunting this title, we need to have depth with experience just in case someone is injured. I think Kuan Beng Hong is more suitable candidate with his current form and desire attitude even though he fumbled before in Thomas Cup, I think he had learn that experience. TCS is just too raw to tackle this task if he's call upon, I am afraid.
    I also like Hafiz but his yo-yo still swinging make me shy away. I hope BAM select KBH as reserve.

10. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    well in my opinion Wong P X deserved a shot ,her peformance is quite consistent lately so if Wong was choosen it means 2 more left.. i believe Fuzzy pair will have edge over Hafiz H & Kuan B H

11. jljy91

jljy91 Regular Member

student
    THE LAST 10 PERSON FOR MAS TEAM
    MS
    LCW

Backup : KBH

WS
    WMC
    Backup : Julia Wong

MD
    KKK/TBH
    Backup : Fairuz

WD
    Chin/Wong

XD
    KKK with Ng HL

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Seems like BAM had the same opinion with you, Han, KBH's going. :D

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    Kuan BH will have to prove his worth.........

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Good God! It's beng Hong. but i shall be positive once again. Good luck my beloved team.

15. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    Fairuz migth play also in mx .......while Kuan BH needs to forget the past & focus of giving a hard time to his rivals..........

16. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I think the biggest reason why Habis tend to lose is because he does not have the urgency to win. Just look at his match in India Open. There is no initiative to go the net early, just keep on lifting from a low position and get his ass smash. He is too lazy to move fast and get into a good position which by the way he can do ( check out his match in Thomas Cup 02 ). I was surprise he even won over Chen Long and Andre.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

When I heard that KBH is going.....a picture of how he lost in Thomas Cup to JP of Denmark appeared in my mind......and that was scary......hope he manage to prove his worth this time.......What to do ? With all our Back ups elite group are still sleeping and dreaming.....Mas still have rely on KBH.....sad....sad....sad....for MAS badminton...

18. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    :D:D:D you make me smile, Dr. Evil.. tq :D... and yes it's truly a wonder how he won with such a way to play...:confused: the final match with TH was such an eye sore :mad: too lazy....

19. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Yup, I also almost vomit blood when I watch him play. A complete waste of talent. I know some players play in a relax manner but this is overdoing it. I wonder if Misbun or the other coaches ever tell him his gameplay mistake and that he need to change.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how a person think affect how a person live;)

the problem is,do he want to change?:confused::rolleyes: