There should be a redraw for WD Indonesian Open 09.

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by hcpoirot, Jun 6, 2009.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Based on the new ranking by BWF:

Du JIng/Yu Yang did not get any ranking points for playing in Sudirman Cup in their group matches. Instead Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir got points from playing Sudirman Cup. Hello, Indonesia even didnot send Vita Marissa to Sudirman Cup. And Vita/Lilyana already split up for good.

DJ/YY should be rank 3 right now and not 6. And should be seeded 3 here. There should be new draw for WD in Indonesia Open. But I do not think BWF will be bother by this.

Also Tine Rasmussen got points for playing team event. What?? (But I am not clear here if team points for Tine was from Sudirman Cup or they just didnot erase her points from Uber Cup points?) Another bad mistake from BWF. Who knows whose other players didnot get any points even if they play Sudirman Cup?

THis is badminton world organization we are talking about here and not some small club in neighborhood.

But amazingly, the players themselves and each countries badminton association also didnot realize this.

Even I do better job than the BWF employees who GOT PAID to calculate the ranking each week.

Second thought, maybe I should apply for that job. lol

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Not only WD, the problem is in MD and XD too
    (Singapore Open draw has same problem too)

I thaught Tine's points is got from European Team Championships

#2 Sandy, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree that BWF people often screw up in the ranking calculations etc. On DJ-YY, well,... regardless whether they're seeded 6 or 3, the rest of their competitors will see them as seed 1... :p

4. jljy91

jljy91 Regular Member

student
    i think they havent calculate the SUDIRMAN point....
    coz i think this is the old team point they have...
    they havent update

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Yes, they have calculate the Sudirman Team point. If you download the ranking points for XD, you will see all the XD pairs who play in Sudirman Cup already got team points including Lee YD/Lee HJ, Nova/Liliyana and HHB/YY.

If BWF have not count the Sudirman CUp, both these 3 pairs will not get any team points cause Sudirman Cup is the only event Asian XD pairs will ever get any team points.

6. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I don't see Sudirman Cup's points in XD Ranking as June 4th, 2009.
    They calculate SC's points only WS & MS Ranking only, while in MD & WD weren't counted yet and TC & UC 2008's points weren't dropped too.

7. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

MD Ranking June 4, 2009

Because of the link in BWF site is wrong, I post the pdf file

Attached Files: