To all Malaysia fans. Let's support our team wholeheartedly

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by nellute, May 11, 2010.

1. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    should be 'many "hands" are involved'

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    What are you implying here? :confused: Some of you talked as if there is a big dark secret..am I the only one who is ignorant here? haha :D

Btw, I totally agree with the motion of this thread! :) Some say that our support will be worthless but seriously..as spectators or fans, all we can do is give them our support and encouragement ya? Of course we have been disappointed several times but what about the players? They surely must feel worse than us.What have we got to lose by supporting our players? Time and energy? Come on, if you're a true fan would you even think of it that way..

3. nellute

nellute Regular Member

I hate to mix politics with sports. Different races in Malaysia is already highly polarized. The only thing that can unite the people together is Badminton, where the whole nation should stand behind the players. I have witnessed that in 1992. I want it again this year.

Stop speculating any dark secret ......

4. nellute

nellute Regular Member

That fan is really disgusting. Who will play to lose ?

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

The fans in stadium putra and i believe ppl everywhere around Malaysia already given their ALL OUT SUPPORT.. now, is up to malaysia team players to show china team what they got!!:D

6. yutaro

yutaro Regular Member

yeah...should see WCH face in the interview...poor him

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    well... Msia reporters are noobs... the commentators are noobs... everything is noobs...

Compare to commentators for Tennis & football... our RTM team is really Grade-F

Cant they employ someone who has SLIGHTLY more knowledge about badminton to be the interviewer and the commentators?

Its really an embarrassment... to the nation.. worst than Mas losing to JAPS!

8. yutaro

yutaro Regular Member

lol..im watching Astro..

9. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    I think astro also sponsor malaysian team in TC, that why the player need to do the exclusive interview with astro after the macth.

Yup seems like WCH wanna burst with tears.

10. yutaro

yutaro Regular Member

he said "sorry" couple of time..

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I'm glad my belief in the Malaysian team has paid off, although it had faltered somewhat after the defeat to Japan. No matter what happens tomorrow, we will be behind them all the way, we hope they can fight all the way. BOLEH!

12. hot-turtle

hot-turtle Regular Member

When it matters most ususally malaysian don;t live up to it.

LD to win straight sets :21-17 21-19

why?

1. LCW is usually slow starters before you knew it LD is 5 poitns ahead
    2. LCW seldom uses hie lethal weapon unless reaches 15 above, making him a defensive player and LD will punish player win lightening smashes whenever LCW lifts, LD anticipate poor returns well
    3. LCW is good in defence but how many times can you take repeated smashing
    4. LCW backhand is not strong - watch how LD pushes to his backhand and force a poor return
    5. LCW is good in net but eratic and not cosis

13. hot-turtle

hot-turtle Regular Member

rexy maniaky was a good player but caoching is not everyone cut of tea ...right rexy ?? when he was a player i saw him smashing his way through each game, but you train players are lifting shuttlers and with poor smashes. why?

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What will you say if Lcw win the match? Everything your comment from 1-5 change to the positive and good one?:)

15. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    Argghhhhh all of this only prediction...tomorrow will be the day/nite!!!

16. nellute

nellute Regular Member

Hi, all, you guys / gals have made it to beat Denmark.

Let's do it again to tear down the mighty great wall............. YEAH

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    I hate dragging politics into sports too.So, that's what the other member was implying by saying that there were many hands involved ? In badminton, I don't think about the politics or management..I only focus on the players and the matches:D Just that many people are making a commotion about the politics behind it all :rolleyes:

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Badminton: Devastated
    2010/05/13

MOHD GHAZALI OSMAN, Ipoh, Perak
    letters@nst.com.my

LIKE many other badminton fans, I, too, am devastated by the defeat of our team to the Japanese minnows. I say minnows because Japan had never been known to be a badminton power.

But then, neither were China and South Korea. China and South Korea have never slid down the ladder since they became giants in the badminton world.

Look at us. We've been sliding down for more than 15 years and we have never recovered.

And what is happening to our supporters? Where is their loyalty to the nation and the team? Don't they realise the players are humans, too, and not robots? We live in the real world and we win some and lose some. Of course, everybody likes winning. But we must have compassion towards the players. We don't stomp on them when the chips are down. We don't harass them, jeer them, make fun of them or belittle them.

They have feelings and when the going gets tough, the only outlet is anger.

I don't condone what one of the players did when he reacted adversely to the crowd. But did the crowd think of his feelings? His thoughts and his mood after the devastating loss? Does anyone think he enjoyed losing to a minnow?

Please, fans, spare a thought for our players. Give them encouragement instead of brick bats. They played their guts out. Unfortunately, the Japanese were better.

You don't have to be mean to our players. Malaysians should not be so evil-hearted that only in victory will the accolades come. We must be mature enough and professional enough to look defeat in the eye and say it will never happen again.

This is the time for Malaysians to show the world what 1Malaysia is all about. In victory and in defeat, we must remain together.

19. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    this is just what exactly we need, something to wake the fans. As i saw from many newspaper after the defeat, they only concentrate on Malaysia lose and Fairuz but they didn't stat that what the fans do is not so right that cause the fire. >.<

20. nellute

nellute Regular Member

The message is not really meant to you. I know you did not drag in politics into sports.:):)

It is for the other ppl in this forum.

I witnessed how Malaysia won the 1992 Thomas cup. How the entire nation stand behind Malaysia regardless of race, political differences. How the fans in Stadium Negara celebrated the victory. I have never seen such unity during other times. I enjoyed that. I want it to happen again.