TOTAL BWF World Championships 2017

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by lisa bitch hannigan, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    And as fearless as Neville Longbottom or Severus Snape. Going against his own friends for sports is one thing; going against his own mother to state what his convictions tell him to require a whole different level of mental strength. I Salute Foxy, and I hope he has my back in Himalayas.

2. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Anyways. Lets focus on the topic and discuss players without bringing their countries in the equation; coz atmosphere outside this forum is extremely heated. And things are bound to drift to Doklam at every mention of India or China.
    So lets just discuss Dan/Long/Sri etc without mentioning their nations till the border situation continues.

3. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

The draw should arrive by the next few day. Then, the focus should change back at Glasgow 2017.

Fan123 likes this.
  4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Serial Indonesia Open flop better get a good draw.

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    But as some are saying, if a war actually breaks in the next 2 weeks; how many will focus on a game that involves hitting a shuttle across the net???
    Lets hope diplomacy wins. Both giant armies mutually withdraw from Bhutanese territory; all illegal construction on Bhutanese territory is stopped. Bhutan's territorial integrity and soverignty is respected and no Tibetesque farcical "historical claims" are made.
    Because during the WC if ppl go on a nationalistic sabre rattling spree every time players from these two nations face each other; the 100 other narionalities here and at Glasgow will unfortunately have to bear unwanted and unwarranted filth totally unrelated to the great sport and the great event.
    Lets for a change focus on the players instead of their nations in this hot thread. sure in our respective national team threads we all can air our true feelings.

We need diplomacy at the border. Lets use the same diplomacy here too.

I write with Peace and love and with hope that an unwanted war will not be thrust upon us. Peace.

CIA-99 likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I sincerely and earnestly hope you know what you're saying - the assumptions you made about Bhutanese territory, thereby admitting it's not Indian territory, and what about Chinese territory ?

What's even more worrisome to me is that you're prepared to go to war ,to kill or be killed , for what noble cause? Motherland (India or Bhutan ?), patriotism, national interests ? Patriotism or ultra-nationalism ? the latter is extremely dangerous and turning humans into barbarians. National Interests, whose national interests, the people's or the powers that be, the self-serving ruling class who will never send their own sons and daughters to the battlefield ? Beware of those who ride on your patriotism to serve their ulterior motives and private agenda that pretended to align with yours.

By the way, Russia and China have previously fought over the Amur region intermittently in the past and look what happened now after they settled their territorial disputes in 2008? Closer than ever. So why not India and China? If not this generation, owing to historical baggage, let's hope the next or future generation will have the political will and intelligence to resolve the outstanding issues. May cooler heads prevail, sanity rules ,and hope springs eternal.

And out of genuine concern for your wellbeing, allow me the liberty to urge you, since you are most willing to die in a dubious (Bhutanese) border skirmish, to seriously consider dedicating your self-sacrificing life to other more worthy, just and noble causes in your beloved Motherland, such as the complete abolition of the caste system both in substance and in the psyche though it's been outlawed but still prevalent in its discrimination; eradicate Sati (widow burning), a practice long banned but still found in some remote places;educate and militate against the shunning of widows even by their own children; fight against gender inequality, including violence against women, and promote and uphold women's rights; most of all, the alleviation of widespread poverty (the official figure is questionable) as the rich - poor divide is widening.

I don't understand, we are already conversing and debating privately, why bring up the subject openly here. Let's move on and stick to badminton. Enough said.

#406 Justin L, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Fan123 likes this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In my humble opinion, instead of hoping for a better or favourable draw for Lin Dan, which is not within anyone's control, I'd rather hope to see a much fitter and motivated Lin Dan at Glasgow.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Agree. We can share our views in pvt. Lets stick to WC here.

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yes a hungry for title Dan should be enough to bring everybody in Scotland inside the stadium.
    For all we know there's no easy draw in WC and provided with all these tricky floaters it just gets that much more unpredictable

10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i would gladly die on a badminton court during a game. i refuse to die in a war started by politicians. heh heh...

CIA-99 likes this.
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Smart and wise of you, never trust those dirty politicians whom you never know what they are really after. Even he said
    “Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”
    ― Henry Kissinger

Rob3rt likes this.
  12. Master

Master Regular Member

#412 Master, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  13. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

well...

Fan123 likes this.
  14. ScottLyonWong

ScottLyonWong Regular Member

Self feeding
    Where to watch the livestreaming?

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Already started.

16. ScottLyonWong

ScottLyonWong Regular Member

Self feeding
    But where to watch livestream ? I know started

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's posted on other threads. Search.
    I am using the phone. Not easy to give you the link.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee