TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2018 : Quarterfinal to FINAL (03-05 August)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), it's Asian.

2. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Read the Chinese Badminton thread on Zhang Ning before continuing your hoax-based discussion here

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Did you go and read the China badminton thread like I said earlier ?

4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Nopes I havent i jst read online at XINHUA a little bit bout it but do link me to the post.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

indrg and Anks like this.
  6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Thank you Cheung. I've corrected my post earlier.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

There's no point in saying thanks if you don't read that thread. :oops:

yuquall likes this.
  9. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    I wonder why ppl still think that LD, can beat SYQ , come on , Age has caught up … by playing rally I doubt ld can beat the top 10 players …. LD doesn't like to lose games …. so obvious ld has slowed down when age got up …. perhaps he never train that hard anymore ….

10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I think ppl know it and we all admit that his age is catching up but then this is what a marvelous player is..that despite their age and other factors they are still determined to play and I think we should appreciate that fact.Its not only LD even LCW of simillar age group and yet determined as always just shows how much they love the support and wanna continue playing and thats a great trait i reckon

I remember saying the same thing jokingly about SN too but then I guess even being like 28 or 29 somethin and still coming till Quarter finals shows may be her love for Badmintin and Also Sayaka Sato I watched her collapse i think it was 2012 olympics and she was crying badly and still I see her play is just a testimony of these players to play more.

And I think Badminton fans know it and they sort of appreciate it...it just doesnt matter if they win anything or not they are just there and people just see them play be it winnin or losing.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well we would never know wouldn't we. He should play independently but then again he probably wants to play for his team country.

12. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    LCW still proven at his age he still can win titles and even beat momota at his best form …. but as for LD this its a diff scenario isn't it ??? LD has been losing to so many diff players , saying LD giving way to china players isn't fair for them , LD couldn't even beat AX in the finals , so saying ld can beat momota is just a dream ….

13. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I wont really call it a "DREAM" though..LD CAN beat KM or any other player but then we have to take a look at his age difference.
    Comparin KM to LD is like Comparing puffs of Clouds to the Vast blue skies...LD where he is KM would need to get a lot lot to even be close to him...and I'll see if KM could beat the Upcoming Junior World champions like Lakshya sen and Kunlavut etc when hes 35 or somethin.

Besides LCW even with his winnin spree of Career tittles would always be known as a "CHOKER" or the "SILVER KING"...sad but true.

For Players to beat LD is an honour a feather in their records that they have beaten THE LIN DAN....As far as his current form is concerned then thats just like any other player but whats great about him that hes THERE and HE WILL be there unless he feels its time to retire..His passion for Badminton is whats keeping him in the game.

14. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    I don't think we will see LD beating KM in future … but lets see :)

15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Well it might seem a distant reality in near future but Even if he loses all the matches and still continue playin till 40....he'd still be a player no Man in near future would be able to even come close to even if they win 100s or 1000s of titles
    LD's 2 gold Olys 7 WC Medals are a record not many might be able to achieve anytime soon.:)

16. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    This one I definitely agree , else he would be call the GOAT … currently no one would be able to break his record ….

what im trying to point out is , ppl tend to say , LD is not playing seriously , he is just helping his teammate , ETC

Anks likes this.
  17. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I think it was Cheung or someone who was telling me about this whole stigma of WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS being on top of others whereas all these tournaments are one way or the other same and i agreed with him.

And I strongly feel BWF should convert the so called "WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" into a Super series kinda thing or just any other normal tournament.

I mean why make a fuss about this 1 tournament in a year and make it like a record or the biggest thing for players to achieve when theres No prize money and its not like its happenin after 2 or 4 years that it be considered prestigious but something thats gona happen year after year i think it just loses its charm.

But then the other part is Fans,International Media and pretty much the Whole world who may not even watch Badminton would turn on their TVs and watch it..and worst part all the players are always so excited about it..like they skip Tournaments just to be fit for "WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS"

I think its we the peoole and players who have made this WC thing like a Biggest tournaments but then it also offers highest points..I jst think its frequency should be made from annually to may be once in 2 Years for it to remain that Glorious tournament.However I dont think it would happen anytime soon.:(

18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Oh I know such "PEOPLE" one of my chinese friends in SYQ vs KM final got so pissed he promised to never watch SYQ again:D I mean I was rooting for SYQ too and I was pissed at him as well but my Lad just went a step ahead lolz

He said SYQ could have Intentionally lost to CL so at least CHN would have had much chances of winning.:D

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Can someone close this thread for further replies already? Just Useless comparisons and rambling about Silvers.
    Even the players don't think of the same that much.

nizze and Mate like this.
  20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Its just a tournament. no point feeling sad if one dont win it. So many tours to win and fill their pockets. The best players are the most consistent players, that is fair enough.