Trainer in NJ,USA

Discussion in 'USA East' started by nj121, Jun 8, 2017.

1. nj121

nj121 Regular Member

Hi guys, I am looking a trainer and I am 40 years old guy who is trying to improve his game.

Any body know of any good coach in NJ area?

Thank you

-R

2. mitchkaynmicah

mitchkaynmicah New Member

Hi,
    There are actually quite a few clubs with good coaches in the NJ. But the question is... where in NJ are you in?

3. nj121

nj121 Regular Member

Actually I live close to Edison so very close to ibc club. The problem is cost; they r charging 95/hour and minimum 5 sessions. That is little costly for me.

I don't need professional coach but somebody who has taken training as kid and knows the correct movements on court. We can meet at the club once a week (I can pay entry fee to the club) I can pay up to 45/hour.

Thank you
    Raj

drmchsraj likes this.
  4. mitchkaynmicah

mitchkaynmicah New Member

Hi Raj,
    That seems to be the going rate unless you want to travel to Montville or Queens where the lessons are a little less. Montville charges $80/hr but that is with membership. CPBC in flushing charges more or less the same. One option is to join the group trainings which they do offer in both gyms NJBC and CP, which is a lot cheaper and goes for 1 hr and 15 min give or take but you are in a group of 4 people or less. Might be better to try out several lessons first because you also have to check out if you like the coach and the coaching style. You can ask good players who has had training to coach you, but sometimes being a good player does not mean they can teach or coach. So you might be wasting your money. Might be better to get good quality coaching than cheap but ineffective coaching which would cost you in the long run. Hope this helps, good luck!

5. bajinganindy2

bajinganindy2 New Member

Hi Raj,
    I currently live in Edison, and fit your criteria. I trained for about 6+ years when I was a kid, and play at the Y currently. if you are interested, feel free to email me at heisbudi at gmail dot com