Two simultaneous racquets

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by stumblingfeet, Jan 20, 2009.

1. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

university student
    twobeer, i just checekd through the laws and there is no maximum area defined, only:

4.2.2 shall not exceed 280 mm in overall length and 220 mm in overall width. However, the strings may extend into an area which otherwise would be the throat, provided that:

4.2.2.1 the width of the extended stringed area does not exceed 35 mm; and

4.2.2.2 the overall length of the stringed area does not then exceed 330 mm.
    this presumely refers to one racquet only, but then again the laws are open to interpretation :p

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    that was the rule I was refering to. The limt of "overall width" and "length" applies to "The stringed area:", so if two rackets are used if I remeber correctly the reasoning was that "the 'overall' stringed area" would cover both rackets and thus make two full-size rackets illegal.. But I do not remember 100%, I think it was an umpire that told me that was how he would interpret the rules if someone showed up with two sticks on court..

cheers,
    T

3. MintonPhysics

MintonPhysics New Member

Prof. Bertrand Russell

[FONT=&quot]This is not surprising response as we live in a world where the stupid are certain and the intelligent are always in doubt. – Prof. Bertrand Russell[/FONT]

4. MintonPhysics

MintonPhysics New Member

Try www.tworacket.com

5. MintonPhysics

MintonPhysics New Member

6. MintonPhysics

MintonPhysics New Member

Try www.tworacket.com

7. wojszach

wojszach New Member

about being unwieldy,2roccetes doesn'go in way of each other is you prepare 1 for body strikes and other one as higher guard,also I have to admit that I am more effective with 2 semotainously so also you have much shorter reaction time,you just move hand half way through,about deciding which one to use,I just set that before strike even begins,easy if you are good in both hands,for serving? easy even better than taking it with bare hands

8. juneau-AK

juneau-AK Regular Member

Perhaps you practice against Robot first -

[​IMG]

9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I would actually prefer to utilize this concept of 2 rackets to actually help me during play WHEN my string gone.
    The idea is to have a nice pocket inside my clothes to keep the 2nd (smaller) racket when I do not need it (the pocket designed somehow trying to minimize the effect of such a racket within my shirts in limiting my movement during the play).
    When strings gone, I'll just throw away that racket and take out the 2nd racket.

However, if the rule on 'strings area' really for the sum area of both rackets, of course it should not be allowed haha

The question then goes to whether the 2nd one is considered as brought / used at the court or not such that it is included in the 'overall' rule of string area