Upgrade to my Fleet/Felet racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Clement Tan, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Clement Tan

Clement Tan New Member

Hi guys,

Need some recommendations regarding an upgrade to my fleet racket.

My Fleet racket has a stiff flex, head heavy and 3U weight. I string it at 25lbs and the problem I've had with it is shoulder aches if I play too frequently (3 times in 4 days, 2 hours - 3hours each session).

I like the smashing/clearing power I get from the racket but suffer from poor maneuverability when it comes to quick shuttle exchange in the front court or defending a mid-court smash. I am primarily an offensive player and prefer to play in the back rather than in the front. I play doubles most of the time and very rarely singles.

Based on what I've explained, what racket would suit me? I am looking for a beginner friendly racket where I do not need to ''tame'' the racket; pretty much an all-rounder. I am open to going for an even balance/slight head heavy even if it means losing some smashing power for some nimble racket movement.

No budget as I am not looking to buy immediately, just a thought for now.

The rackets I've looked at (from mid-high range & am only familiar with Yonex):

Astrox 88D/S
    Astrox 77
    Astrox 68D/S
    Duora 10
    ArcSaber 11
    Voltric Z Force II (perhaps not the most beginner friendly racket)

Would preferably stick to Yonex as most vendors near me carries Yonex exclusively, but will be open to suggestions from other brands too.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you hurt yourself with stiff 3U & HH all in one pack, maybe you would want to get racket that is less stiff or 4U.
    As hammer lovers, switching to balance racket makes me feel missing something so if its me i would skip ARC11 & DUO10 (again if its me, in your hand it might feel different).
    ZF2 is totally no no as you already in pain right now. Its more demanding as its extreme stiff, head heavy all together.
    AX77 might be safer bet for you as its not to much stiff.
    88D/68D, maybe in 4U but not 3U.

3. Clement Tan

Clement Tan New Member

Hey thanks for your reply. What do you think about the 88S/68S? iinm, the S version is more flexible than the D version? Do you think it might be easier on my arms whjle not sacrificing much smashing power?

Do you think it's better to get a racket that compliments my strength (drives and smashes) or counters my weakness (control)?

#3 Clement Tan, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Hardly saying as what i feel might feel different from you. Any pro can hit like a rocket with any racket, but well.... Im far from pro. Im muscle type man, 3U head heavy is light for me. Using lighter one makes me struggle as i cant generate more speed to compensate the weight loss.

For the racket, i never try S version but try D one, my friend had. Its 4U & good but my mind say if its 3U it would be better.

intense & correct training would makes you able to use any racket, but for casual player like me that didnt aim for any tournament but just a hobby & some competitive match, i would find the perfect balance racket that suit my physical build. Balance i mean is not balance BP racket but the suitable weight that is not to heavy for our body yet also not to light that makes me struggle to generate the speed needed. For that you need to experiment alot borrowing friend racket & find a good composition between weight, BP, & all.