Victor auraspeed 100x or thruster f enchanced edition

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Joran, Apr 18, 2022.

?

Your choice ?

1. Auraspeed 100x

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Thruster f enchanced edition

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Other... (must be victor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Hi all, i have the chance to get a new racket from my local shop. Last 2 years i have played with the auraspeed 90k. Right now im in doubt betweeen 100x and thruster f enchanced edition. My play style relies on counter attacking with punch smashes. I rely more on technique and not on pure power. What would be your opinion?

2. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

100X is better suited for your playstyle in my opinion.

3. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

A comparison between these two rackets would be golden. Has anyone tried both?

Bison75 and Raju like this.
  4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Tried both. These two rackets are great for all-round game but 100X beat TK-F SE in term of speed and handling,TK-F SE beat 100X in terms of power but not by much.

100X have more "hollow" feeling than TK-F SE maybe because of the frame design + free core that absorbs vibrations. If you like the feeling of 88S 88D then TK-F SE is for you. If you like Brave sword 12 then 100X is the better version of that.

100X is very unique because the racket has the same balance point as TK-F SE (I measure the balance point with victor balance point and swing weight machine) balance point at 300mm. However, the swing weight differs by a bit

Swing weight is basically how much power you have to put in to swing the racket (more racket weight = high swing weight). This is true most of the time but, the higher the swing weight the more power you can output compared to lower swing weight, if you have enough strength to bring out the racket potential that is. But Ahsan is one of the best smasher in badminton and with 100X he output a lot of power smash so yea.

100X swing weight: 83 (Speed - Control racket)
    TK-F SE swing weight: 85.5 (Control - Power racket)
    For your reference
    88D pro swing weight 85-86
    88S pro swing weight 84-85
    90K swing weight 85
    90S swing weight: 83.5

If anyone wanted to change racket I would tell them to look at the swing weight first, so you know what kind of racket are more suited for your play style. Keep that in mind that swing weight does not take shaft flex into consideration.

If Joran like his current 90K and wanted to change to different victor racket (100X or TK-F SE). I would suggest TK-F SE, since you don't have to adjust your swing that much because of similar swing weight and you won't lose power in your smashing + similar mobility. 100X is not a bad choice for you either since you're more of a "control" type player, but you might need to adjust your swing a bit. The first time I change from my trusty Jnice Black Panther to 100X, most of my clear goes too far because I excerted too much power. You can't go wrong with TK-F SE and 100X.

Speed go for 100X
    Power go for TK-F SE

Eskie and Andreas Kihlgren like this.
  5. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Thanks! What would the swing weight be when i would get the 100x in 3u? Will it be closer to 85?

6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

7. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Okay, but that would bring me closer to the current swing weight I have right now. For my experience 90k 4u was on the light side. So i might give 100x 3u a try. I will test them next week

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Nice! Please test them before buying. Do tell me how it feels also lol. I wont be able to get my hands on it in Thailand.