Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jasonyjw

jasonyjw Regular Member

Photographer
    I've just gotten a 3ug5 bs12 blue, SG coded from a reputable store. Seems like this racket is still selling like hotcakes up till today. Will be testing it out tmr and hope that i've good insights for future buyers!

2. jasonyjw

jasonyjw Regular Member

Photographer
    4hr session with the BS12, 26lbs is a breeze! Aerodynamics allow you to swing the racket up and down easily. Coming from the NR900 and Arc11, it is quite hard to believe that Victor has a racket that combines both the swiftness of the NR900 and power of Arc11.

It's definitely less punishing playing with a headlight NR900 where you have to generate more arm and wrist strength to get the shuttle to the backcourt. And although it's a even-balanced racket, there's a slight hint of head-heaviness in it like the Arc11.

Superb all round racket for doubles and I'm ordering 1 more to keep just in case it stops producing anymore.

Defense: 10/10
    Drive: 10/10
    Drop: 8/10
    Clear: 10/10
    Smash: 8/10

On a depressing note, the racket chipped at the 9oclock position after a minor clash. Due to the design of the frame, any clash will result in chips definitely. Performance wise, I wont' trade it for any other racket.

Thanks for reading!

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Better order more fornthe future while they're still decently available then. Production has ceased already AFAIK.

4. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Is the reintroduction of the BS12 a permanent move by Victor or merely temporary. I already have a BS12 (blue) but would like to buy several more. I might have to stock-up on a few if production is only temporary. Victor clearly have a 'winner' in the BS12. It seems foolish to me that they would cease production when the BS12 is so popular.

5. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I know try, like all companies, they have to try and move with the times, and always have the latest products out to compete. But with timeless classics like the BS12, they have to recognise that so many international players still use it, despite lots of newer models being released and their consumers also love it, so it really would be foolish to stop production of it.

6. allyjack110

Good point. However, I know people who still play with the Yonex Ti-10 and Muscle Powers. How old are the Ti and MP models? 10 years? In truth, has racket technology really changed that much in the last 10 years? The last significant change - in recent years - was probably the shift away from an oval head geometry to isometric headshapes.

7. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    True, since the use of carbon in rackets, in the grand scheme of things, not a whole lot has really changed.

8. jasonyjw

jasonyjw Regular Member

Photographer
    i've been in contact with victor sg and apparently their tip is that the BS12 will cease production at the end of this year.

9. josepaul83

josepaul83 Regular Member

Can anyone advice me what the difference between BS12 old blue and the one with black and red paint called BS12N

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Same as the 12L. No difference. Just a repaint.

11. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

12L the frame is slimmer at the sides than 12 blue. 12N stiffer than 12 blue.

12. calvins

calvins Regular Member

I thought 12N is just a repaint from 12 Blue?

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Indeed it is. I can tell you from having owned over 20 of these total in every color that they're all the same thing. Everything people say is manufacturing variation.

14. josepaul83

I recently bought couple of BS12 Blue, Form EU ( made in China) surprised to see more stiffer than the (oo#oo ) indicator shows, I have never owned one of these, feels stiffer than MX60 and similar to my MX JJS Any input form someone?

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Perhaps you should give it more time be used it definitely isn't. Even the KRPs don't come close in stiffness to the JJS.

16. josepaul83

Yes that would be the way, didn't play only had a swing feel, Bought from Amaon sold by Amazon Was surprisingly cheaper comes with the label of some German Victor ditributer details, and a face cover picture of LYD with a jet speed name on it. Very strange, I wish to believe I have the genuine product, It is very unlikely to be fake as it was sold by Amazon UK.

17. allyjack110

I also bought mine from Amazon UK and paid the same price. I also received the same Jet Speed cardboard face cover instead of a BS one. I wouldn't worry about it being a counterfeit product. Like you said, it came with all the relevant details of the distributor printed on the case and handle. More importantly, it has a DE serial number laser-etched on the shaft.

18. josepaul83

I agree, I forgot what the code is it Probably DE, pleased with the price, comes with VS850 string and some other bits, (a packet of pins to place in string holes )don't know what is that for, anyway my stringer was keen to snatch it from me. I never played with it someone recommend in my club I Bought two and now waiting to be strung...

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Those are replacement grommets. In the event yours are too worn out or split you can do it yourself.

20. josepaul83

I didn't know, I gave it away, hope it not a hard to get item if needed in future.....