Victor Carbonsonic - Synthetic Feathers by Victor

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by pcll99, Mar 28, 2016.

1. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

Oldhand likes this.
  2. JesseSheridan

JesseSheridan New Member

Dartmouth College Badminton coach, Geographic Info
    It would be truly revolutionary if these were biodegradable. At least goose is mostly natural.. Do we know if the new synthetics have recycling options?

yf19-sama and Oldhand like this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

I suppose that's wholesale price, so retail price will be some 20% higher?

Oldhand likes this.
  4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the feather is replace by what looks like carbon stem plus foam feather. the rest is still the same, some threads, cork, glue.

the carbon should be somewhat biodegradable, but not sure about the foam.

Oldhand likes this.
  5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I remember trying a foam version of this kind of shuttle a few years ago and we thought it was apalling - went elliptical after half a dozen shots, and then flew like a Roberto Carlos free kick. I'd love to see if any improvement has been made:D.

Oldhand and Ch1k0 like this.
  6. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Soon Mark soon!

I'm looking forward to seeing these. I'm a bit skeptical about the 562 hits thing because it's 562 quality hits; they might not be so resilient to amateur hits.

Oldhand likes this.
  7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'd love to get a tube just to try too. It sounds pretty decent as is.

Oldhand and lucitsthaile like this.
  8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

After watching the video I'm even more looking forward to getting a tube of those to test. Hitting sound is sooo crisp and on a whole different level than classic plastic shuttles. Sounds really promising... pun intended...

Oldhand likes this.
  9. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Plastic shuttlecocks just cannot make it. Other than play time for kids they serve no purpose. I feel the weight is different the flight...totally different. Play more with these plastic birds I will kill ur skills and strings.

Oldhand likes this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm fully with you with the 'traditional' plastic shuttles. However this concept is apparently totally different and should hopefully be much closer to feather shuttles when it comes to weight, flight ect. And as long as we have not a single review from "normal" players, I would like to stay positive and hope that this concept will be a first step out of the price insanity we have seen with feather shuttles the previous years. Spending 2 EUR for a single shuttle that lasts 2 games maximum is just not funny anymore.

Speaking for me, if there was an artificial alternative that would:
    - last significantly longer at a better or at least comparable price
    - be playable with "feather tensions" without killing my arm and elbow
    - provide a comparable feel and sound on impact (this would be my personal priority #1 tbh)
    - have a similar flight curve
    I would be dropping feather shuttles at least for training purposes in an instant. When it comes to playing actual matches or even tournaments I guess it would only depend on their overall performance and feel.

And again, from what I could see and hear in this demo video, they were playing with 28+ lbs. tension on their rackets and even the flight curve didn't look so bad. If I didn't know that they were playing with a plastic shuttle, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have noticed it based on the things I could see and hear only. Actually it would have been the other way round - I would have been pretty stunned by the hitting sound. :eek:

Oldhand and Bieffe like this.
  11. m3w78

m3w78 Regular Member

real estate
    Embrace the evolution of the sport. Eventually, all shuttles will be synthetic. Footballs used to be made of real leather - not anymore. Golf balls used to be made of real feathers - not anymore. In 20 years we we'll be saying that shuttlecocks used to be made of real feathers - not anymore!

Oldhand, necrohiero and Bieffe like this.
  12. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    At the very least synthetic shuttles won't replace real feather shuttles unless they start using real cork on them.

Oldhand likes this.
  13. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    The carbonsonic shuttle uses real cork.

Oldhand likes this.
  14. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    When can I get a tube to try? ;)

Oldhand likes this.
  15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the key to this new shuttle is that it doesn't depart from the tradition structure. they only changed the materials. replacing the feather with a carbon stem and foam feathers. otherwise the construction look identical.

so as long as the weight and stiffness of those 2 components are comparable to feathers, the feel should be very similar.

innovation-wise, it is not that revolutionary. we have mentioned this before when we talked about it. in fact, there is nothing technical about making a synthetic shuttle that can play like feathers and last much longer. the key is how to make it affordable.

Oldhand likes this.
  16. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Well. Carbon fiber tech and it's derivatives are getting cheaper over the years. Even cheaper rackets nowadays already have carbon fiber somewhere. Logical change. And if it's really as good as promised (and not too different from how feather shuttles flies,etc), why bother playing with feather?

I mean, really, if the flight could be consistent because of durability, and 5 euros cheaper than As 30, I will buy these all day.

I mean, even best shuttles break after, sometimes, 3-5 good smashing rallies. Or even once because misshit...

This is evolution of economics. Not just tech. This will make badminton playable in mid level.

Oldhand likes this.
  17. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Anything that lowers the cost to keep playing badminton is a good thing for the sport.

necrohiero and Oldhand like this.
  18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I so love Google's attempt at translation that I must post it here (and some portions are hilarious): :D

Exclusive Quest: VICTOR new orders will forward reports

Source: Love Yu-off badminton net
    2016-03-23 11:54:48

Love Yu-off with everyone Xiaobian stroll VICTOR orders will be watching the latest products

As a world-renowned brand of badminton, VICTOR after 48 years of cultural heritage, in the minds of badminton enthusiasts of the brand, has a deep sense of identity. And focus on technological innovation VICTOR every new orders will make sure I will not disappoint. This time, too, is no exception.

VICTOR 2016 Q3 (third quarter) of new orders, love birds off as invited media, will be reported throughout the entire ordering. In the news that a week before, small heart has already begun surging! As a senior equipment enthusiasts, this opportunity is naturally delightful endless. So, come before, it has been in the fantasy, new orders at many fragments, such as a new high in Quanyingsai hyun racket hand how to use? The new quarter will brighten jersey? and many more……

With excitement, Xiao Bian finally at No. 22 in the morning, embarked on a tour of the ancient capital of Nanking novelty trip, after two and a half hour long flight, and finally arrived at 9:20 am six dynasties - -Nanjing. After arriving at the airport, small series will be non-stop rush of the new orders will be reported to the scene.

VICTOR2016 Q3 report will place new orders at the Nanjing International Expo hotel, while there is also the organizers arranged for all dealers and all the media's hotel.

Xiao Bian time of arrival may be earlier live coverage of people not a lot, but orderly, the reception staff are also very enthusiastic thoughtful. Not only deliberately subregional intimate coverage, but also for each of the participating dealers have prepared a beautiful gift, the other in each of the hotel's rooms, also were placed on the Welcome Card, enough to see VICTOR for this order will seriously.

After lunch, small tempted excitement, and his colleagues came early orders will visit the venue. Earlier before the check, it is found next to the hotel building full sense of design, to my surprise, this is the order will be the venue - Nanjing International Youth Culture Center.

On the 5th floor to a small series they will be greeted by Olympic booth attracted by new products. 2016, as an Olympic year, new orders at VICTOR quarter, the Olympic products, but also will become one of the major products the main push.

It is understood that this year's Olympic products, mainly for the VICTOR signed two national team, so the color distinction has been made, the first yellow for Malaysia to build, and the black is for the Korean team customized. Compare it attracted me was its ball and racket bag.

The 9607LTD bag, in color, should refer to the Brazilian flag, the whole color, looks very dynamic, while the upper left corner of the ink-jet process, but also gives people a sense of carnival in Brazil. pu + pvc fabric feels, but also a special texture.

In the HX800 BEAZIL LTD racket, black for the background, green and yellow with shine, obviously, but also with the Brazilian flag elements of color, to get started feeling relatively light, from the point of view of the lever hard parameter, the balance point is moderate, It can be seen is a very flexible racket.

Also, the entire gift box design also very low-key luxury, just wanted to have it looked at, and in the gift box, with the hand gel, feather lines, towels, and also more suitable for those who love gifts and collection of golfers.

In the next Olympic Games stand, that is the signature area, accompanied by small series of autographs.
    5th floor of an elevator next to the victor try to play zone.
    For friends who are interested in the new racket, where you can, to try his hand holding a racket put on line. After reading, this is not really want to have one of their own private space!

In fact, the tip of the iceberg Olympic booth part, just the order will, in the domestic hall fifth floor, an array of new products, can really make you Tiao ~

Racket articles:
    Racket speed class, the main section - Speed 12 (Korea National Team New racket)
    Main racket comprehensive class --HX800LTD P / C

There's flagship class offensive racket - ghost chopped (new color).

New product updates from this point of view, speed 12, has become a racket in the heat of the highest concern racket, and ghost cut (new color) and HX800LTD P / C and overall offensive racket, there are some bright spots a feeling of.

Shoes articles:

This new shoes, more and more in high-top sneakers appeared in the display cabinet. It seems that since lindane hero selling series, focuses on the protection of such shoes have been gradually accepted by the fans.

Ball package articles:

The bag was evaluated and controversy is more, there it ugly, but also feel handsome ...... you think?

Jersey chapter:

Annual ordering jerseys, both can be described as the largest number of the same is true this year, from clothes to competition training suit, shirt and casual clothes, dazzling, no nonsense, directly on the map of the ~

If the equipment and equipment are considered more conventional, then this small series in order to see the meeting of the "triple play heavy machine" should be regarded as a fresh object and had to sigh, and a Tyrant level toy was born.

It is understood that this latest triple VICTOR volatilization of heavy machinery, mainly for auto sales people, the purpose is to allow golfers in the purchase of the racket, can provide more scientific and professional reference data.

For this afternoon, quick walkthrough of the military, a small series of this equipment really meet enthusiast's curiosity, but also had to sigh, VICTOR2016 Q3 of new orders, the sheer number of new products on display, many of them many highlights , heavy machinery such as triple play, the Olympic golf bag and so on. Overall, this will be an afternoon of ordering or people very pleasant surprise, a variety of new products debut, I believe it was worth the wait.

Next, Love Yu-off will continue to bring you great content VICTOR2016 q3 new orders will welcome your interest.

Editor: Xu Ming, Yujiang Tao

This article is Love Yu-off badminton nets original, without permission is forbidden

mikomi likes this.
  19. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Do a tldr please.

20. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    "Racket speed class, the main section - Speed 12 (Korea National Team New racket)"

This heralds the end of an era. Good bye BS12 and hellooooooooooooo JS12! :D

Bieffe likes this.