Victor CHINA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (18-23 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Good thing about Ginting is his Finals record. 3/3 won. Can be said he already surpassed SonWanho and CTC.

Same can be said with Momota having won 6/8 and Srikanth having won almost all his Finals. Its badminton and you dont want chances pass you by, gotta take it. Its ok with R1/R2 defeats as long as the titles are there, imo, cause Ginting is pretty much beatable.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

her? wkwk

3. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

yes, this is totally right and it remain to be seen how Ginting will perform in this future, whether he can keep this performance is still a question that is yet to be answered.

However, as Indonesians, I think safe to say that most Indonesians are really happy to see INA MS able to win a title in a big tournament like China Open, a feat that has been missing since the era of Taufik, especially when INA is known as one of the strongest powerhouse if not the strongest in history in MS department. (although to be fair in my opinion skillwise and technique wise Lin Dan is the best in the world of all time).

So, as an Indonesian, please allow us to celebrate a little as we have been waiting a long time for this moment, and safe to say that Ginting road to win this title is not easy, may I even say one of the hardest considering the opponents that he had to defeat.

I hope Ginting can stay humble after winning this tournament, and continue to perform well :)

As an Indonesian, I can proudly say, GINTING SAYA BANGGA DENGANMU ( Ginting im proud of you) :D:D:D

4. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Lol so much explaining..

I said what i said because ppl complaining about ginting won because momota is tired, just like other sport, nobody is ever on 100 percent, beside its the FINAL match, they both been through a lot to get there, give credit when credit is due, ginting was the better that night and stop saying he won because momota not 100 percent

And fyi i did say "as of this moment, until their next match" ginting is better than momota, if you need proof go check their last 2 meeting , nobodys talking about whos better than who in their career

5. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

They used to be training under the same coach. There is this guy named Imam Tohari who was Kento's coach from around 2007 - 2012, and this guy also trained Ginting from 2013-2016.

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

“Thankful to god that I could win,” said Ginting. “The match was tight and the margin was thin. I just tried to do what I did in previous matches when I was trailing.

“I just kept my focus, aiming to get the next point. The drift was a problem and I had to readjust in the second game. I kept the pressure on him with my attack whenever possible.”

Amlite likes this.
  7. Baddyforall

“My performance here was not 100 percent, but I’m am happy that I played ten matches in two weeks and won both titles,” said Marin. “Today was tough because she was playing really well in the beginning of both games, and with the home crowd supporting her, she was more confident. I tried to keep my focus, tried to keep going and just enjoy the game. I kept pushing her, I wanted to show that I want to win here.”

8. Baddyforall

“I’m very happy of course. We are a bit tired after these four tournaments. We need to recuperate now. We need to stay balanced and try to improve. We didn’t think about winning four tournaments in a row, we were just focussed on one tournament at a time,” said Zheng Siwei.

9. Baddyforall

“Both of us are quite surprised,” said Rasmussen. “It sounds like a cliché, but we’re surprised that we won the China Open because it is one of the biggest tournaments. We came as the eighth seeds, and we beat pairs that we’d lost to before. And we’ve never been in such a big final before.”

“I’m a bit speechless,” added his partner Astrup. “There were nerves today, it was stressful. You could tell it was their first big final. But we manged to stay almost cool. I’m overwhelmed.”

Astrup also conveyed wishes to Men’s Singles World No.4 Lee Chong Wei, who is recovering from an illness: “I want to say our thoughts are with Lee Chong Wei and his family right now. We pray for him to recover.”

stanleyfm likes this.
  10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Any source for that?

Ah, found something. He was indeed at Tomioka.
    https://badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/1881

stanleyfm and samkool like this.
  11. Amlite

Amlite Regular Member

Imam Tohari coached KM since he was on middle school and his target was to make KM a world junior champion. He accomplished that as KM became the world junior champ in 2012. Then, he returned to Indonesia in 2013 to coach 8 INA MS players at Cipayung and one of them was ASG.

KB@TB Em, ah_lim, visor and 2 others like this.
  12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

not a native speaker hehehehee

13. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

AYAAAAAAA :3 :3 :3

Amlite likes this.
  14. Amlite

Amlite Regular Member

Imam Tohari with Kento Momota

Attached Files:

It'sMeMeMe, fnd80 and ah_lim like this.
  15. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3 out of 4 tai losing matchs lately were against chinese youngster. But chen y is the one who need to beat tai the most when she lost all in 9 meetings

in early future, huang y can be female player of the year. For male, momota>siwei

Amlite likes this.
  16. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Linda and LCW era is over, I'm so excited to see the way ASG played this whole week Deception, accuracy and amazing footwork. I hope he can keep it up so ASG-KM will be 'the match' to look for.

nizze, stanleyfm and Amlite like this.
  17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    wt 500/750/1000 & wc titles update through china open, #11

japan - 16
    indonesia - 13
    china - 8
    chinese taipei/denmark - 5
    spain - 3
    malaysia - 2
    hong kong/thailand/usa - 1

Amlite likes this.
  18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Amazing... he beat Super Lin Dan, Mighty Dans Victor, Flying Dragon Chen Long and the super fit Chou Tien Chen before the final. He is ready for Momota. China Open title is setup for him to win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah_lim likes this.
  19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

70k X Rp 14891 = Rp 1.04 Billiun

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Momota was trained by who, an Indonesian coach, in JPN?