VICTOR CHINA Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (17-22 September)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 16, 2019.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

CHN.jpeg
    Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium | Changzhou-CHN

Total Prize Money : US$1,000,000

First Edition : 1986

Tournament time-table : https://extranet.bwfbadminton.com/docs/events/3364/docs/VICTOR China Open 2019 _ Prospectus.pdf
    upload_2019-9-16_11-2-30.png

Daily Schedulde/Result/LiveScore : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament?id=DF741C60-B3F8-4377-834F-D8376E7B53DC

LIVE STREAMING : - https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf/featured
    - http://www.zhuafan.live/channeltypes/Badminton

DRAW : https://extranet.bwfbadminton.com/d...DRAW _Updated Tuesday, 27th August 2019_.XLSX

CHN time : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/china/changzhou

2018 WINNERS => https://bwflive.tournamentsoftware....F7CA6C-2774-46F8-8AB2-8D43429AE297&d=20180923

MS - Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (INA)
    WS - Carolina Marin (ESP)
    MD - Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen (DEN)
    WD - Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN)
    XD - Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong (CHN)

*WITHDRAWAL LIST*
    - MS : Jan O Jorgensen (DEN), Sameer Verma (IND), Prannoy H.S. (IND), Kidambi Srikanth (IND)
    - WS : Mia Blichfeldt (DEN)
    - MD : NONE
    - WD : Tanaka/Yonemoto (JPN), Goliszewski/Kaepplein (GER)
    - XD : NONE

第31屆中國羽毛球公開賽

The 31st edition of China Open will rolling this week, star-studded cast as always for Super 1000 event. An important tournament that provide 12,000 ranking point for winner to rake. Fully-packed badminton action in six days ahead, huge pressure for home squad to compensate lackluster achievement in recent concluded World Championships.

BACK AT SQUARE ONE
    Anthony Sinisuka Ginting casted magic spell, creating breakthrough in his career to beat five prominent shuttlers en route to capture the coveted 2018 CHN Open title, starting from Lin Dan, Viktor Axelsen, Chen Long, Chou Tien Chen and the toughest one Kento Momota. One year gone, unfortunately the Indonesian can’t replicate stellar form and stuck at the moment since then. It’s challenging assignment for Ginting to defend his crown considering fluctuated result this year.

Badminton fans will be treated earlier than expected to watch a noteworthy clash between two-time World Champion Kento Momota versus living legend Lin Dan. Denmark leading star Viktor Axelsen gets back to court after being sidelined quite long time since Sudirman Cup last May. Other notable contender at top-half section is the reigning Olympic Champion Chen Long who's slated to face Asian Games champion Jonatan Christie in quarterfinal. Former world number one Srikanth Kidambi had withdrawn due to knee injury. Meanwhile some media speculating about Shi Yu Qi will pull out here but his name is still intact in the draw and scheduled to take on Lu Guang Zu on Wednesday.

KEEP THE WINNING MODE
    Women's singles competition will look forward to newly-crowned World Champion Pusarla V. Sindhu performance whether she could continue impeccable game and reclaiming 2016 crown. The Indian darling will up against former women’s singles queen Li Xue Rui. Another popular name under the spotlight is three-time World Champion also title-holder Carolina Marin who had missed first quarter of Olympic qualification period timeline. The Spaniard suffered Vietnam Open first round defeat last week that indicating Marin form is still patchy and a very tough draw awaits her in Changzhou, 2017 World Champion Nozomi Okuhara as first opponent.

Top-two seeded Akane Yamaguchi and Tai Tzu Ying may redeem their Basel setback to seek Super 1000 title towards year-ending extravaganza in Guangzhou. Host China needs longer time to regain their supremacy in this category, All England champion Chen Yu Fei will be the best hopeful to counter a string of high quality players in every top-tier tournament.

THE CONTRAST FATE
    The unsuccessful All England campaign and tasted shocking defeat in world meet, the whopping flop that highlighting Indonesian famous doubles players Gideon/Sukamuljo in 2019 and they can’t ask for more complicated preliminary draw here. The fast-improved and recent world championships silver medalists Hoki/Kobayashi have reasonable possibility to trouble the Minions for securing last sixteen berth. Reversal of fortune, the rejuvenated veterans Ahsan/Setiawan steal the limelight quietly to capture two biggest victories in Birmingham and Basel. The world number two pair also top Tokyo Olympic Race, thanks to steadiness and inspiring determination. Last year surprising winner Astrup/Rasmussen and home favourites Li JH/Liu YC have contingency to face off in last eight, an exactly rematch of 2018 edition.

TOP THREE RIVALRY
    Nothing but Japan pairs who presenting very stiff competition between the formidable women’s doubles trio to secure two Olympic tickets, Matsumoto/Nagahara, Fukushima/Hirota and Matsutomo/Takahashi. It’s too ambitious mission for China or Korea to block them consistently, the most significant dominant result occurs at World Championships arena, all Japanese finals in two consecutive years which means Japan had strengthened their stranglehold to eye paramount goal at homeground Summer Olympics.

THE UNSHAKEN DUO
    Multiple champions Zheng SW/Huang YQ have been incarnated to be near invincible combination and coming to perfection that rising above almost all of their regular rivals. They only suffering three defeats in 2019 outstanding rapport, only few pair who can really delivering major threat and find the loopholes to beat the undisputed world number one including their teammates Wang/Huang. The mighty Zheng/Huang are always dependable to carry heavy burden in BWF primary tournaments that reflecting China downturn in other categories.

ROUND OF 32 - PART 1 (top-half draw) | 10.00am => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...741C60-B3F8-4377-834F-D8376E7B53DC&d=20190917

*MATCH HIGHLIGHTS*
    - Kento Momota (JPN) v Lin Dan (CHN)
    - Viktor Axelsen (DEN) v Kanta Tsuneyama (JPN)
    - Chen Long (CHN) v Lee Zii Jia (MAS)
    - Nozomi Okuhara (JPN) v Carolina Marin (ESP)
    - Nitchaon Jindapol (THA) v Sayaka Takahashi (JPN)
    - Gregoria M. Tunjung (INA) v Zhang Beiwen (USA)
    - Gideon/Sukamuljo (INA) v Hoki/Kobayashi (JPN)
    - Han CK/Zhao HD (CHN) v Boe/Conrad (DEN)
    - Kamura/Sonoda (JPN) v Goh SF/Izzuddin (MAS)
    - Matsumoto/Nagahara (JPN) v Dong WJ/Feng XY (CHN)
    - Chen QC/Jia YF (CHN) v Chou MK/Lee MY (MAS)
    - Stoeva/Stoeva (BUL) v Kititharakul/Prajongjai (THA)
    - Zheng SW/Huang YQ (CHN) v Hoki/Nagahara (JPN)
    - Jordan/Oktavianti (INA) v Rankireddy/Ponnnappa (IND)
    - Watanabe/Higashino (JPN) v Tang CM/Tse YS (HKG)

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

LD and minions on court 1 tomorrow.
    How many matches will be covered by badminton worldtv Youtube tomorrow?

3. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    YASSS....SHI is playing...Yess yess yess...!! I just want him to play safe and not overdo his physique just play a normal game to be comfortable to qualify for OG.

I want him to play it good but safe not over pressure his body..save his body for the WTF and OG.

#Fingerscrossed #KingShiIsBack #AnksOnCloud9 #PrayersAnswered

4. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Thanks, as always, CLELY!

It looks like we are going to be treated to a mouth-watering line-up from Day 1. Here's hoping that livestream is available.

5. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

Will Livestream available on bwf tommorrrow?

Anks likes this.
  6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Yes Im sure it will be available At 7:30AM IST...but Indian sport channels will only premier from Quarter finals to Finals

pradeep chand likes this.
  7. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

S1000 will be telecasted from R32.S750 will be telecasted from R16

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Hotstar.com

Anks and nilesh123 like this.
  9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Dw, we'll get it on hotstar if not on TV.
    If nothing BWF YT zindabaad!

Baddie lover likes this.
  10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I watch it on youtube though :)

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

My pleasure ;)
    Talking about Shi YQ participation, even BWF news article quoted fake IG account that stated his delayed return:eek:
    upload_2019-9-17_7-39-13.png

https://bwfworldtour.bwfbadminton.c...ound-axelsen-marin-return-china-open-preview/
    ------------------------------
    Shi Yu Qi Delays Return

However, another big name who was slated to return to action at the China Open – home boy Shi Yu Qi – has delayed his comeback. Shi, who injured his left ankle at the Indonesia Open, announced on his Instagram account that his doctor hasn’t given him the all-clear yet.
    ------------------------------------
    Which one is correct?!

#11 CLELY, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Anks likes this.
  12. minions

minions Regular Member

LMAO, can't BWF officials verify the player's social media accounts, especially if the account is not marked as official? Many players have marked their social media accounts as official.

Anks likes this.
  13. minions

minions Regular Member

This is the first big tournament for Boe/Conrad as a pair. Their results this year seem promising. Meanwhile, Mogensen/Kolding are nowhere to be seen. Where are they? Weren't they supposed to be paired up after splitting from their previous partners?

Just check Boe/Conrad's draw and found out that they will face Han/Zhou twice, today and the next week in Korea Open.

14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

These BWF People are so dumb I never thought they would publish a participation on the basis of fake account:mad:..Like they didnt even confirm it..and obviously because the world trusts BWF because its the official Badminton organization now how much credibility they are left with I wonder.:mad:

Im really sad tht BWF would play with shi fans like this:(

I hate you BWF:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

exactly my bro...you nailed it...Bwf has broken my heart :(because I blinldy trusted them..I mean I was in the middle of my poem for Li and as soon as i saw that Shi indeed was on the draw I blindly believed it...Ofcorse unless I checked Shi's reaction...Im out of words now..Im hating BWF now:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...they have lost my trust...Now what fans can do when the official badminton agency is trusting fake accounts more than the players themselves :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: BWF I hate you:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Anks and kurako like this.
  17. minions

minions Regular Member

First win today by Fajar/Rian. Well done!

Anks likes this.
  18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Im glad to have his (Fajar) pic with me ...hes really kind and sweet..I will never forget meeting him...Thankfully he won his first major medal this year and cant wait to see him win many more major medals.

19. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

To be fair, they were expected to win that matchup. No surprises for me.

20. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Lee Zi Jia will improve in future. This type of performance will give more experience. Well Played Lee. Credit to Chen Long for holding his nerve and winning in the decider.