Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So you're into brown as a colour, huh? -__- is it rooted in your political beliefs.....? -__-

;)

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Just want to say that I don't care about the appearance of my racket even if the colour would be like ****. But I know that some guys can't sleep well when the grip and strings are impossible to match the racket and don't look like a VW Golf GTI on the cover of a tuning magazine. Btw the first JS12 was some kind of purple and acid yellow-greenish. What colour is the new N9II? ;) Victor - Lining 1-1.:D

shreyas666 likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

:D different greens though. Saw them side by side yesterday, look very different ;)

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If anything, the N9ii copied Li Nings own N80ii. I still can't tell them apart!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Erm...isn't this supposed to be a Victor fans thread?

For the record, I have just received a Bravesword11 R and Thruster Falcon for testing. Falcon looks great and it's going to be an interesting test. BS11R is not very impressive. It's NOT a Bravesword so it's a shame Victor felt they could call it that. I like the idea of updating the Bravesword with the later string patterns but to completely change the racket is asking too much. That said, I remain open minded that the racket may be OK.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Since the incident with the sunken holes and how they react (I wrote them Sep 2017 and a week ago without any reply about the fact that I have sloppy carbon layers with air between them, which you can see through the holes, which is IMO the culprit for the sinking) the only Victor Fans are...

... in their office spaces! :D

[​IMG]

decoy and j4ckie like this.
  7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

They should have done a recall on the old JS12's, IMHO.

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Instead of creating a series (of nearly 20 different filler Jetspeeds) they should have concentrated to bring out solid series with a few rackets instead of endless gap fillers in each series. With offering 3U,4U and sometimes 5U everybody can find a suitable Victor even with 3 series each having 2-3 Highends, 2-3 Mid-ends fading to Low-end. This can only work for Yonex due their dominance in the market and not for Victor with having around 60+ rackets out atm.

vincemcoupe and s_mair like this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

They chose to reduce warranty (where possible) instead. As I've said before - a company shows its true colors when the going gets tough. Some stand tall and face the battle, others turn around and run away.

ucantseeme likes this.
  10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    This should be rule No.1 for any company.

11. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    I've heard that yonex suffered from the same issue with some of their rackets.
    Do you know how they handle the warranty?

In France yonex have a very bad reputation for the warranty as they seems to reject almost any demand (except for the broken handle)

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I have seen last year around a douzen cracked handles, mostly by Yonex. I have also seen sinking at Babolat rackets, which AFAIK they replace without any issues if one breaks. I have also seen very slightly sinking issues at an Arc11 of a club mate. She never ran anything higher than 11kg. Also seen some sinking at some VT70 E-tune 4U and ZFII 4U, but nothing abnormal for thin strings over years and not as distinctive as some Victors, so I wouldn't call it the same.

13. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

What about the well documented Yonex fast breaks?
    Wasn't some of these breaking on the stringing machine?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I do not like the issues with sunken grommets, irrespective of the manufacturer. Also, if this does happen, or there is a fast break, the warranty should cover replacement.

I fully agree with previous comments. I think Victor should have done more with these racket issues and set the bar so high that they showed commitment to the market. I also agree about racket selection. I do like the current speed, power, all around offering and I would dearly like to see Victor manufacture superb quality rackets within specific price points.

I just received Thruster Falcon so hopefully this will be reviewed in a week or two.

Paul

skeksis likes this.
  15. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Spoken like a true sponsor-backed post.
    I mean, the way this post is crafted, absolute PR masterpiece. Apple's apology letter for it's battery fiasco is somewhat similarly structured as well. Just way longer and way fancier, emotional tugging English.

Firstly by taking one specific fault/issue and shotgunning it on the slate of the whole industry and/or agreeing with the crowd, and then saying that essentially said company's most or entire range of offerings are well-liked by a figure of importance (where it matters geographically) to soften the blow (hey we make good stuff, just that they don't last too long even within tension recommendations, sorry not sorry),
    AND THEN next, hype up said company's new upcoming products (review coming soon! but for other brands they never come or much later lolol) and generating hype to the "figure"'s website.

Bruv, we get it - new products, and you're having them in for review, mentioned TWICE. Yay new info for fans! Gonna keep both eyes and even toes out for that!

I don't expect you to slam your paymaster of sorts, but honestly, what's the baseline? (pun so not very intended)

Over where I am, on a local distributor level, they are essentially one lawsuit away from flouting local lemon law (won't go into that) and yet Victor awarded rights to this distro which is slowly screwing customers here, and actually helping their lazy ass not needing to process any claims as a byproduct.
    On a global level, recently signing the Denmark team just reeks of "taking whatever they can get". Malaysia's case opened the floodgates; and now it ain't stopping. Denmark's deal is especially short end of that stick, since so many have personal contracts with a competitor. Where's the exposure? Through a straw?

It's a bit of a aloof approach right now; the top blowing the trumpets loud and blaring but the bottom issues go unnoticed, unrectified, and continue rotting. It's simply amazing we have a conglomerate exist at this level and at this time and age. MAybe the industry is too captive so hey, there's that slice of the pie always readily available.

On a personal level - friend's JS12 original color got sent in for claim of sinking and then collapsing at 26lbs; 1 year 2 months in, no news. I'm guessing we're getting screwed anyway. Expecting that claim denial of "suspected clash" - everything is, anyway... even opinions.

DKCPH2014 and s_mair like this.
  16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Thanks for your comments Esppy

There is no excuse for poor support and not honoring previous warranty arrangements. For the record, since you think I sit in someone's pocket, I do NOT get paid by Victor, they do NOT control my website and I express my views as I wish. I receive free products due to the amount of coaching I do and promotion within the UK.

The grommets issue is totally unsatisfactory - end of.

The Danish sponsorship shocked me and I completely agree with your comments about it. I'm unsure how everything fits there and was not party to any discussions that took place to understand how it came about. I found out about it through social media just as you probably did.

I mentioned new product once. I hope this doesn't suffer grommet issues. Being fair, when I reviewed JS10 and JS12, who was to know then that these issues would become so prevalent? If I'd known then, it's very likely my reviews would have been different. My reviews are my opinion and Victor does not have any say in them. They tried once and I did not change a word.

If I was to voice concern over Victor, then I would state that I'm bothered that prices will increase as someone has to pay for sponsorship of teams. In the past, Victor priced their products below Yonex to make them attractive and competitive. That has changed. With rising prices and poor support, there is a huge danger that they will push customers away. That's not good short or long term.

I am just a minnow in the Victor Global community but will happily speak out if standards have dropped. I may not be heard or simply ignored by top brass, but I do not support poor quality in products and bad customer service. from any company, no matter who they are and/or how big they are.

Paul

-Silver- likes this.
  17. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    i think Victor is going on a wrong direction at the moment. They've lost the majority of their top sponsored player after the 2016 Oympic but now the prices in HK market is even higher than Yonex.
    You can get an Astrox for around 970 HKD when TK F is at 1190, much more ...

They are acting like a dominant company, with restrictive warranty and highly priced product despite they're not ...

When you compare this to mizuno for example which replaced 4 Altius tour to my friend which live in France (they don't sell badminton product in France but agreed to send him the racket each time with free string and an personalised appology letter) you can see it clearly ...

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Too little, too late when it comes to the sinking grommets issue. You have multiple times denied to have seen sinking grommets on any racket except the JS10Q yourself. I'm glad to see that your common sense now seems to have prevailed over the loyalty to your sponsor. An evil mind might think that with the upcoming and hopefully improved JS12 repaint, it's the right time to change the communication strategy towards "Yes, there have been issues. But behold, there is the new and improved JS12 which is sooo much better than the old one!".

Seriously? :eek:
    With the amount of exposure you are offering, you should definitly think about re-negotiating your sponsorship contract.

DKCPH2014 likes this.
  19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Most coaches get 100% contracts, but no payment until you reach elite levels. Even then the bulk of their income comes from elsewhere (club/association they're coaching for, most cases).

20. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Victor cannot compete w/ YY in terms of price, they'r quite selective w/ which dealers they sell their products thru. Also they sell much smaller volumes.
    However, u cant compare Astrox to Falcon. I hv held both rackets n feel that Falcon is a higher quality product, both esthetically n 'feel' wise. I hv only used very few rackets from both YY n Victor, n hv no brand loyalty whatsoever.

I hv played for 35yrs n used Carlton, steel Kawasaki...but lately I barely buy any hi-end YY or Victor. Just my 2c