Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think that even if you choose the same model, 4U and 3U are different worlds. To what kind of rackets are you used to should narrow it down.

2. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Hello..im from malaysia..is there has js12 4u player code?tq

3. Legitmeister

Legitmeister Regular Member

Product Designer
    I'm thinking of getting the JS10 or JS12 on the higher 4U end but does the extra speed of the 10 make that much of a difference over the stabler, solid hitting platform of the 12?

A little background, I used to play a lot of singles competitively but now moving towards playing more doubles at the collegiate level. Coming from the TK-9000 3U its just a bit too "demanding" after multiple games and defending gets tough. I want an overall faster frame handling while having a little bit of "meat" in the head and both the JS 10/12 are head heavy but not sure which racket would be a better fit.

Thanks

4. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I wouldn't say either the JS10 or 12 are head heavy when compared to a 3U tk-9000. At 3U the JS12 is noticeably quicker compared to the tk9000. I previously owned the JS10 but at 4U. it was noticeably stiffer than the js12 and tk9000 and was also lightning fast in fast exchanges. The only thing it lacked for me was the "pop" in smashes. Great angles in smashes but lacking in similar velocity. I would say the JS12 and 10 lean more towards even balance.
    If you can get your hands on one to try first, I think you'll better understand what I have said.

Hope this helps.

5. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I own all three. If you are coming from a TK9000, I'd look at the 12 first at least. Tk9 to js10 just doesn't make sense unless you can get a 3u iyam. Js10 is my favorite racket though, the speed is just amazing and I'm not a power player anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Legitmeister

Legitmeister Regular Member

Product Designer
    I tested the JS12 3U last week and really liked it; easier to maneuver, still packs a hell of a punch, and less demanding. Its faster but not significantly faster dry swing than the tk9000 imo but on the court playing is definitely faster.

My memory is a little fuzzy but I also tested the JS10 a couple months before but can't remember which weight (might have been 4U); the speed was phenomenal and took a little bit to adjust to the timing and smaller head but it was a great racket to play with.

Don't think I have any problem adjusting to the difference from the tk-9000, its just idk which would fit me better. Unless I can test both of them at the same time to compare I can only rely on my previous experiences with both, online reviews and comparison, plus everyones opinions. Both rackets gave me good impressions coming from the tk9000 and I think I would be happy to get either but I can only get one and want to make the right/best decision haha.

One thing I'm curious for those that have experience with both rackets (I know this is subjective but I just want BC'ers 2 cents):

does the speed and power from the JS10 make it a "better" racket over the JS12
    or
    does the JS12's stabler, solid hitting platform and "friendliness" make it a "better" racket over the JS10

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If you're referring for a opinion for the market in general. I'd say go for the JS12. But given that the JS10 in 4U is relatively easy to use as well it's not very fsr behind if one is willing to put the work into it. But I'd still say go with the JS12. It's a friendlier racket that still give more than its worth in weight and is enjoyable stiffer than one would expect.

spyweb likes this.
  8. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I play all 4u so just keep that in mind. The js10 is not easy to use but if you can yield it properly it is the tits. It's not powerful for sure but my game isn't really power. It does everything else top notch iyam if you consistently hit the sweet spot. I was big on the 12 initially, but have moved back to the 10. It's a nice racket for sure, but I think the speed of the 10 is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'd say the decision between JS10 and JS12 is totally up to personal feel and preference.

I decided in favour of the JS10 in the end since it is just the more radical one. Its head speed is somehow addictive. And for me the tiny lack of punch in the big smashes is more than compensated with its performance in defence, drives and half smashes. Yes, it's more demanding than the JS12 due to the smaller head and the stiffer shaft, but not that it makes it a serious pain to tame. I found the N99 a lot more bitchy for example.

The JS12 would be the less radical and "safer" option - especially if you don't have the chance to compare both for yourself.

#929 s_mair, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Japrax7 likes this.
  10. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Anyone here experienced sinking grommets yet? A few people in a FB group have reported this issue. Apparently someone took the ZF2 continuous grommets and put it in the JS12 frame

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

11. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Do you have a link?
    Need to use the
    Correct size grommets of course...

12. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Not a link exactly. It was posted in my local facebook group. I'll try to get some pics

13. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

FB_IMG_1483278041846.jpg FB_IMG_1483278037175.jpg FB_IMG_1483278026409.jpg

Here are the pics

14. SolsticeOfLight

And what's 'sinking'?

15. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Apparently some people have issues with their stock grommets sinking or deforming. One of them said that he had his JS12 only strung for a couple of weeks when he noticed his grommets deforming

16. SolsticeOfLight

This is what I wanted the pictures of, sorry! I should have been clearer.

17. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

[​IMG]

18. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

[​IMG]

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

WTF? That looks horrible! :eek: Are these grommets made of Play-Doh?! I wonder if there is only one known case that looks like this or if it truly is a bigger issue. The grommets on the one JS12 that I have strung for the third time lately were looking perfectly normal. Tension was not that high though.

Anyway, the replaced grommets at the top look a lot like @JJ0907's small T-shaped special grommets. :)

20. visor

visor Regular Member

What string and tension used?