Victor js 12 vs Yonex Voltric LD Force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vivek Bagadhi, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Hello guys, from what i have seen around the thread about the specifics of both the racquets, they both seem to be of a similar category(head heavy). Could you please compare both of them and tell me which would be the better one of the two?

2. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

I believe the JS12 is even balanced while the Voltric LD is head heavy so you can't really compare the two rackets. In terms of which one is better, it depends what kind of player you are and what you are looking for in a racket.

3. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor

I was comparing them because i read around the forums that it is not exactly even balanced as it had a high balance point.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ictor-jetspeed-12.162729/page-41#post-2501375 I am a doubles player so i am looking for a new racquet. I appreciate your responses.

Vivek

#3 Vivek Bagadhi, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I have both of these rackets! Jetspeed 12 is slightly head heavy but has an aero frame. Whilst the ld force is more boxy, head heavier and maybe slightly stiffer. Which usually translates into speed (JS12) vs a more solid feeling (LDF).

Edit : should probably add that my smashes are almost the same with both rackets. Probably because JS12 is probably the best mix of speed and stiffness for my swing. Although, the initial repulsion from the LDF is pretty addictive. Will probably need to give LDF some more time, because I've only given it about 5 hours playtime. So the smash side of things might change.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  5. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Thank you very much brother. Please I would like to request another update from you after you play more with the LD-F about which one do you prefer for doubles if it is ok with you.

Thanks
    Vivek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Hmm, I can tell you it's probably JS12. This is the first racket I always take out for matches. I'm still not sure about LDF defence wise when I'm under lots of pressure, because it's probably a touch too slow.

The thing that is missing from the JS12 is the control and feeling you naturally get with more boxy and head heavier rackets. I may up the tension on my JS12 to compensate.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  7. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Thank you very much brother for your input surely it will help many people here in the forum who are looking between the two racquets. Thank you very much. And surely I have up my mind Victor JS12 here I come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Smashme

Smashme New Member

I mainly plays doubles and I have a LDF and NR900. My goto racket is LDF because I like its slightly head heaviness with a shaft that is not too stiff. I am looking to buy a spare racket for doubles as I may be giving my NR900 to my friend.

Do you think I should:

1) Buy another LDF (possibly the upcoming recolored version) since I am used to it?

2) Buy JS12 as it may give me another dimension to the game?

3) Or neither of the above, because there is another better choice?

9. Zen Zi

Zen Zi Regular Member

I have both.. Play doubles...
    And I chose VT LDF 4U...

In victor terms may be
    head heavy 4-4,5 /5
    Stiff 3,5-4 /5
    RRI 6-7 /10

10. Smashme

Smashme New Member

Thanks! I'm leaning towards that as it is a racket that I am currently best accustomed with. :)

11. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

I have never used Victor JS12.

But I currently have LD Force 4UG5 and it's one of my favourite rackets so far! Compared to ZF2 4UG5, this one is much more forgiving and easier to maneuver!!

Overall racket head speed is quick for fast exchanges and defence, doesn't feel slow or sluggish.

For background, I *do not* switch racket systems often, I stick to a single model for many months until they become - all broken or discontinued, then I move onto another system. Previous rackets were - ZF2 4UG5, Arc FB 5UG5, NS9900 3UG5