Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    mx 60 28lb

to all mx60 users its a weopons of mass destruction. the best part cause of the mid flex stiffness go for high tension and string won't be broken.

2. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@ambushes: we are on the same shoes. I'm torn between BS LYD and MX60. Fortunately, my trusty BS11 still serves me really well

3. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    I have abandoned my bs11 already.. ☺

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for mention it. Now, I know how to describe how the MX70 feels :D It is exactly how you've described it.

5. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    too bad, because i already sold my mx80 & 70 due to its stiffness on my arm & shoulder... now looking forward to hold mx60 after so much good reviews on it :p

6. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I might replace my mx70 with mx60 and get a second mx80... rather than have the entire mx family. There's plenty of time until August to reflect on this... :)

7. alala

alala Regular Member

student
    Can any compare the weight between a 3u mx60 and yonex 900T? I know it should be around the 90g+ mark with grip and strings but I had a problem when I bought my BS LYD 3u, I found it heavy but I find my 900T a good weight.......:s

I am planning to try out the mx60 but don't want to make the same mistake of buying it and realise its too heavy.

8. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

Does BS LYD feel heavy as SW37? :(

9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Is there an issue here in that LYD model is supplied only in grip size 2 and therefore potentially feels heavier?

MX60 on the other hand felt really good to me. Hopefully I'll have my review posted on my blog very soon when I get a chance to write it.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    paul, what string u use with your mx60?

11. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@paul sry for my question but i dunt really get why the g2 will feel heavier than g3???. Thks . NR

12. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Seems like i´m going to get one soon as well...

So far i love the MX80, never had any shoulder problems even though i use the 80 half a year now at least. 3 weeks ago i played three days in a row (almost only matches for 2h a day, no excercises which wasn´t a good idea^^). It´s the first time i had some shoulder pain..., it was obv just to much. It should be good now after a break bc the gym was closed for Eastern break and i did a lot of streching, and so on. Btw. do you have any good excercises to strenghten the shoulder and everything around the shoulder (i`m working a lot with the theraband)

I´m not sure whether to get the X60 in 3U or 4U...
    In doubles it feels like i can produce the best and hardest smashes with the 3u 80, but after 1-1 30 h I get a bit tired and switch to 4U.
    Now I have the x70 4u as well, playing mostly singles with it. Still a pretty stiff racket.
    Personally i want one less stiffer racket and chose the mx60 and sell the mx70 or a mx80 4u...(if anyone is interested tell me, but only shipping within europe makes sense)
    Would you suggest to buy a 4u or 3u? I know the difference is not that much, but still...

13. whenry

whenry Regular Member

I bought MX 80 in May, 2011, start feeling the pain on my elbow and shoulder two months ago. Bought MX 60 3U in March 2012, and have no problem at all after playing with MX 60. Couple of time tried to play with MX 80, and start feeling sharp pain again. May be my elbow and shoulder has not been heeled completely.

Yesterday, I broke MX 60 strings, and tried to play with MX 80, the pain coming again. Open my closet and restring BS 09 and Armortec Limited for spare. Hopefully they are not stiff. Lets see what happen

14. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I still tend to get some degree of pain when using mx80. I had a very bad elbow/arm problem that seems under control for now...
    On a club night, I would only use the mx80 in 3-5 games and then settle with the more cilled mx70.
    I would be very interested to see how the three mx's really compare. People here believe mx60 is superior to 70 and that is very intriguing :)

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I've had all three Meteors and still think the 60 is the best. As I've said before, there's not enough difference between the 80 and 70 to warrant the 70, and the 60 isn't as flexible as you think - it feels very similar to the old spec BS11, but of course with the stiffer platform. The only thing I miss about the MX80 - and remember, I had three of the things and used them for a whole season as my go-to - is the paint job. :). Still one of the hottest looking rackets ever. :)

16. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Lots of good review for MX60 and really feel like getting one too :)
    Any views or comparison for BS LYD and MX60 ? Torn between these two and any input is much appreciated.

17. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

Maklike, i think you just should stick to medium flex rackets. BS11 => C7 => MX60 (not too long ago i remember you use to swear by the BS12 too :p )

I myself keep going back to my BS9 :D

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I agree. :D

19. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

so the MX 60 is feel really like a good replacement for old spec BS11. the old spec BS11 was mild head heavy which helps me to smash but still really FAST. I wonder how is the MX 60? Torn between BS LYD and MX60.

:(

NR

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah man, the MX60 feels very much like the old TW spec BS11. The difference being it trades a tiny bit of speed and tactility for extra platform stiffness. It feels a bit stiffer just simply because the head is so torsionally stiff.

It still has a little bit of that MX80 'clanging' feeling left, so spec a slightly softer string or go down a pound in tension and it should all even out.

MX60 + BG65 Ultimax = Win.