Victor Thruster F Enhanced but with normal racket head shape?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Andreas Kihlgren, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

I have the Victor TKF in 4UG5 which is great, but I want a similar racket with a normal or isometric head shape, like the Auraspeed or Astrox series (except 100zz).

Tried 88d, 88dp, 88s, 77, 100zz, auraspeed 90k, auraspeed 100x.

Any recommendations?

2. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Why is the head shape such a big deal?

I used an OG JS12 for years. Probably the closest feel to a tkfe imo. Just holding them they are weighted different. But the swing is a similar speed.

3. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

Consistency, accuracy and control. If I do the same shot 100 times, the TKF performs worse than rackets with a normal head shape. It mixes three different head shapes in one, which is bound to have some side effects. Or it could be the stringing pattern.

I think the main point of a racket is to perform the shot you want to make. TKF is the best in terms of feel and balance between power and speed but without that consistency reassurance, it's not for me.

Thanks, will check it out!

4. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Jetspeed definitely feels much stiffer than the TKFE.

5. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    im looking to buy a tkfe soon, can you give us a brief comparison between the js12 and tkfe?, ive got both the js12 og and js12m but im looking for a bit more power

6. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

I got both js12 og 4U and tkf 4U been using both rackets for many months. I found tkf has way more powerful than js12 og, in stiffness both about the same, in control I found js12 has upper hand.For me I found Tkf is very demand racket after 4 set of matches I need to switch to my js12. Hope this help u.

Savage Attack likes this.
  7. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I find the JS12 is stronger in the fast exchanges. By that I mean the pop smash and quick change of pace shots like a really deceptive straight drop to cross court change. But that's about it. In a drive battle they may be even but I still think the punch is harder on the tkfe.

Tkfe is way cleaner from the back court. Nice for slice shots and way more power in the smash. Clears and the "late" forehand/backhands have a ton of power.

Stiffness I find similar. Blocking, lifts, drops I find feel similar as well. I don't find the tkfe 4u over demanding like deepclean1122 has stated. I mean yes, the sharper frame in the JS12 is easier to swing and feels lighter but that doesn't mean the tkfe is too much at all. I believe it to be a good clean upgrade unless you are a primary front player in mens doubles. Otherwise the tkfe is superior in every way IF it clicks with you. I wouldn't ever buy a racket without demoing first.

Savage Attack and Deepclean1122 like this.
  8. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    im an all round doubles player now and i had experience with the og tkf and i loved it, unfortunately there are no retailers in new zealand to demo the tkfe with so its just going to be a risk im willing to take

9. BTX21

BTX21 New Member

How do you find the free core handle on the tkfe vs usual wooden handles? Does it dampen the feel enough that you don’t get feedback on your shots? Just wondering because I use the feedback I feel as one of the many cues on how my strong my shot is.

10. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Well if you didn't mind the OG TKF then this one is a breeze. It's more superior in every way. I used the OG TKF shortly until I realized I didn't like it

Most definitely dampens the feedback. That's the only thing I need to get used. It really is weird. I've been playing with standard handles for 22 years. So I don't want to say I don't like it but it's definitely different.

Sometimes I'll do a full jump power smash and it just rockets off my racket and I know I hit it but my brain is confused. The sound and vision of the fast shuttle with little to sometimes no feel at all in the hand. Just weird.

The only example I can think of is with cars. We always had power steering and while turning you can feel the tires turning/weight on the road. Now vehicles come with electric steering. So no matter the conditions the steering wheel is smooth and effortless because you aren't physically moving the tires anymore yourself.

Not sure if any of that makes sense but yes. Way less vibration. Sometimes you can't even feel the impact at all.

BTX21 likes this.
  11. BTX21

BTX21 New Member

Thanks for the input! The car example's definitely helpful! In the car example, I enjoyed electric steering better than power steering. I wonder if that'll be the same case with handles haha

Would you say that the change in feeling because of the dampening has had an impact on the way you play? Let's say for example how strongly you hit the shuttle or whatnot?

12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Didnt own TKF but my AVP & friend JPX LTD also had dampening feedback.
    Based on that, it definitely impact the way you play as you would need to compensate that with your other sense but performance wise (ignoring the adaptation phase) it wont be much affected just feel wierd at 1st.
    Simply, as im big hitter & the feeling itself kinda adictive & satisfying, when its dampened i could find those amazing feel on clean hard hit. Other thing coz its dampened you wont know if its clean hit or not & need to see ourself visually.

BTX21 likes this.
  13. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Yes, absolutely. But I don't believe it's permanent by any means. It's just new. I find I am missing a lot more at the net and my defense has suffered a little.

The lack of feel has just made me miss the touch. I'm blowing defensive lifts out the back because I just can't feel how hard I'm hitting it. I'm going off muscle memory.

In tight net plays where my opponent hits a good shot, I need to roll it back or eat it, I end up eating it 8/10 times right now. So I end up lifting a bit more instead.

I've only been using it a month. I believe it will come around or I would stop using it. Just learning to wield a new sword.

Schultzier and BTX21 like this.
  14. BTX21

BTX21 New Member

I was able to try out a TKFE recently. I've been using the old Arcsaber 10 currently. Anyway, the experience for me was, I'd say, rather unusual but interesting. It's interesting how I can feel there's more head weight in the TKFE (coming from the Arc10), and yet it swings just as fast as the Arc10 -- or at least, I felt swing speeds were similar, if not faster on the TKFE.

I did feel like the head was a bit smaller somehow? I'm wondering whether it is really because of head shape, or maybe because of swing speed -- since I did find myself swinging the racket early and ended up hitting shuttles ahead of my intended impact time/position. Was this also the case for you?