Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

What he meant by 91g is that it's a wet weight; weight with string n overgrip.

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Used to own two TK-6ooo in 4u, dry weight: 83.9g n 85.4g. Wet bp: 297mm n 302mm, respectively.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The one I tried was 305/85 dry. A 4U.

4. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Tried a 3u tk6000 strung with bg66um at 24lbs. It's a very nice racket. I put 2 super grap on grip so not as head heavy as stock grip. Coming from a bs11 4u, the tk6000 is a lot more powerful in smashes. Flat drive pretty fast too. Did find net shot need to pay more attention. Could be cuz I am used to the bs11 fast frame. As others said, head heavy rackets are harder for back hand clear, and it's noticeable. Overall very happy with the tk6000, highly recommended esp if you are looking for more smashing power like me.

5. jam81

jam81 Regular Member

it
    Hi, where I stay,I have a chance to buy either tk8000 or tk6000 4u versions.which is more suited for an attacking doubles game? I am a lower intermediate player whose current racket is the vt9 neo with a stiff rating.
    I have read only good things about tk6000 but not much about 4u tk8000

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    I gather that where there is fire, there will b lotsa smoke...

So, generally speaking, where there isnt much review on a particular racket, it may mean its not that favoured by many.

IME, the 8k feels muted n numb as compared to the 6k n 9k.

7. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

I played with 6k for few weeks and find the feel quite lively, 80-90% of a BS. Are you saying 8k feels markedly different ? Thats interesting.
    Also does it make sense 6k sweet spot less than say BS11 ? Find myself mishit more compared to BS11 ? Or I just need to get used to the head heavy timing difference ? I like the extra smash power it gives me for sure. Also somehow drop shot is easier (may be again because of head heaviness)

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

They r indeed different beasts. BS11 has a "sword" headframe that cuts thru the air a tad faster than TK-6ooo. But TK-6ooo is no slouch either, compared to other head heavies out there in the market. Hence naturally you would nd to adjust ur game accordingly when switching between these two...

9. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    Coming from a YY VTZF2, will this racket fit me well? I'm using a different YY racket with medium flex now since my ZF2 broke, so I can take the racket being not as stiff although I would prefer it to. So from the guys who have experienced it, how is it compared to ZF2 if you have tried both??

10. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Nvr tried the VT-ZF2. Based on what we know, TK-6ooo shaft is definitely less stiff n has a lower BP. How well it suits u, we wont know unless u give it a try...

11. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Been thinking... a closer racket to ur VT-ZF2 with slightly less stiff shaft would b the TK-9ooo...

12. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    The tk 6000 will be OK since I am using a medium flex racket now so I am pretty flexible with flexibility except I would prefer a stiffer racket

13. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

I have 6000, BS11 and 8PS. While the 6000 is less stiff than a 8PS, it is more stiff than the BS11 (even tho Victor rank BS11 4 for stiffness vs 3 for 6000)

14. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    Oh really? That's pretty nice then. Dunno what a 8PS is though, I'm a Yonex person but JUST starting to adventure into Victor.

15. ussmeister

ussmeister Regular Member

Enterprenuer
    FYI, 8PS is a Victor Jetspeed line...

16. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    Oh OK, thanks...

17. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I got the 4U version strung with Zymax 62 at 23 lbs. I've been thinking about getting this racket for 2 years after reading Paul's review. This definitely one beast of a racket.

As with all my rackets, clears to the back will be pretty easy as long as you hit the sweet spot with decent technique (I have the Trinity Pro, Trinity Pro Kevlar, Ultra Pro). I will say that hitting the sweet spot with this racket definitely a noticeably larger punch to it than my other rackets if I'm going for a quick clear or half smash. But, the racket does have a larger vibration than my Panda Power rackets if you miss hit, so I would say it's slightly less forgiving than the Panda Power rackets in that regard.

I think the most fun I had with this racket was driving, interceptions, and half smashes when you just want to give a sharp angle downward with decent power.

Maybe I just had better game sense today but I was hitting almost all my interceptions cleanly for numerous outright winners after my partner smashed or I was intercepting in the middle of a drive battle. Considering the head heaviness, I was wondering how I would perform at the net, but I felt so great playing at the net with this racket.

My drop shots were a bit loose but I most likely need an adjustment to the medium flex and zymax 62 (never use it before, it's awesome!).

I really enjoyed the defense with the responsiveness of the racket able to handle quick counter attacking drives or block returns to the net.

I really enjoyed the control I had with this racket as well. I love dropping an opponent's drop shot so that it's just creeps back over the net, or redropping an opponent's net shot to creep back over the net as well. The racket handled the delicate touches at the net very well and there was not one loose net shot that was an easy kill for the opponent.

Smashing! As far as power/all out smashes go, I will say it's about equal to the panda power rackets in what I was able to produce with a one-foot jump smash (can't quite do a full jump smash). The star performer here is the stick smashes or half smashes as I mentioned earlier. I'm definitely able to get more power here than my other rackets which is great when you're not quite in the optimal position but need to put some pressure on the opponent.

Overall, this is definitely going to one of my go-to rackets on a regular basis. It's flexibility in most situations is just fantastic and suits my personal style of play.

18. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
  19. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Hi guys!
    Can anyone compare TK6000, N90III and N50III?
    Thanks

20. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I have both the victor thruster k6000 and meteor x-jjs. I find the tk6000 to be too head heavy for my play style. On the other hand, my meteor x-jjs suits me perfectly. Out of my 3 victor racquets that I own, my meteor x-jjs seems like the best one that I have used. My new Yonex voltric ld force 2017 Edition comes very close, but not quite there yet. I used the tk6000 for 6+ hours total, but it doesn't feel better than the meteor x-jjs.