video - LiYongBo abuse Jap 's umpire

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by mikemike, Sep 22, 2006.

1. franxon

franxon Regular Member

What LYB said in the video clip is a commonly used curse among the less-educated chinese people, but vicious too. I'm 110% sure if he cursed the poor Japanese umpire the same thing using English, he'd be in a big big trouble, from the umpire, IBF as well as the international media. in the politics context, it's called a scandal.

sportsmanship is always good to see in badminton. to me badminton is a gentlemen's sport like golf and snooker. Never mind how nasty the footballers and NBA basketballers and their coaches are on and off courts. That simply does not justify anything in badminton. There were/are bad boys in tennis, but overall tennis is clean, players, coaches and crowd are well behaved.

LYB is a person who doesn't hesite to use any means to achieve what he wants. This is his battlefield and anyone who has a conflict of interest with him is simply his enemy. He is the Ironfist. His (nasty) public image never bothers him. Or rather, a decent loser is no match to a nasty winner to him.

Having said that, please don't be surprised if LYB is being nasty to anyone related to Li Mao, his feud. Being it LCW, WCH or Zhou Mi (remember?).

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Isn't li's behaviour very American or even European.

Nice guys dont achieve great things.

Trouble with the minority people in Msia & Ina is because

we spend our lives compromising and accomodating our neighbours

that we do not know how to be mean to achieve.

I think I can cure LYB by forcing him to live among us as minority people and

suffer discriminatory treatment, the n he can be Mr. Nice Guy and spread the religion to the 1.3 million Chinese.

3. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

:confused: :confused:

4. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

I might hv one solution:
    why don't just withdraw whenever facing chn player in all tournament and let them win all the title if their wanted it so desperately.

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    This is definitely not a good solution...This will make things worse...

6. xbro88

xbro88 Regular Member

btw for those who do not understand what LYB said in mandarin he cursed the Jap umpire F*** in chinese slang... correct me if i am wrong... :mad: :mad:

tis is very unsportmanship like he should be sack...

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

LYB abusing the Jap umpire is just a fact. The umpire didn't do anything I guess because he doesn't understand mandarin.

LCW's case is a bit more complicated though. LCW maybe too disturbed and mingle what happened in HK with what happened in WC. Anyway, mentally LCW is still a kid, I agree that he needs to be more mature. WCH is very mature even at early 20s. Ppl ARE different. :)

8. blessing

blessing Regular Member

erm.. y dun IBF jux organise WBC or other tournaments jux for CHINA players to participate.. golds..silvers..bronzes..all belongs to China since their chief coach luv it sooooo much... with this li yong bo dunnid to waste his energy n saliva to shout at players from other countries..:)

9. silvia

silvia Regular Member

i think some ppl are just simply jealous of wat china has achieve so far...the fact remain , they are the strongest now..the winners are won on the court....

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    lol...alright, give us the golds silver and bronzes :D

are you trying to tell me that players from other countries are not desperate to win? Why do they spend so much time training, suffer injuries and defeats? Why don't they do something easier?

PS i think it was wrong to abuse the umpire

11. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Well tell me which coach doesn't want his players to win. And China can win golds, silvers, bronzes with the presence of players from other countries.:rolleyes:

12. silvia

silvia Regular Member

yup man totally agree/....

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

-----------------------------------------------------

Isn't this the culture of people living as minorities in a hostile environment,

with very lax laws, when someone wants to rob you in JB or KL just hand over all your money meekly to avoid conflict, life goes on.

in developed countiries people have different values, they have principles

or " Yi yi ' and are not afraid of conflict and shed blood for what they believe.

We should be careful when we air our attitudes as the whole world is listening,we should also learn to benchmark our standards to the rest of the world, otherwise, as will happen china people will only see us as "village people" and frogs living in a well.

Do we expect the world to follow our example of cowardly behaviour?

Of course we have no choice where we live, but that doesn't mean other people must follow our standards.

14. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

HAHA... i finally heard wat he said

"这主裁判他妈的不是人,就这麽臭蛋"

He is the one who saying it. Cannot be deny!

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. LYB said cursed his mother (but not with the F word), said he is not a human being, and he is a stinky egg.

to be honest, i think swearing in Mandarin is pretty mild. for sure it is not appropriate for LYB to say that about the umpire. and shows that he is probably not at the most educated level of society.

those words are probably used by a lot of people daily. (tell me if you have never called something an a** hole, for example, or have never said the S*** or F*** words). however, they are definitely not right words to use that at an international event.

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Someday he may pick the wrong guy and get a headbutt

European/African style.

Or is it a part of IBF strategy to make the sport more interesting?

and encourage more walkouts?

Like some have mentioned we can say goodbye to gentkemanly behaviour, and see more football like behaviour.

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Oh he did not said "stinky egg". What he said is alot worser than that. He said "cao dan", which "cao" means the F word in chinese! Man the way he cursed the umpire is definately unacceptable, IBF should do sth here!

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

19. franxon

franxon Regular Member

kwun, what LYB said is not stinky egg, but f***ing ball/egg if that makes any sense in English.

and, LYB didn't finish after the stinky egg or f***ing ball. there was something worse at a lower voice you guys missed. that, if i'm allowed here, is the f word to the umpire's mother.

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Kwun you really need to improve your Mandarin... :D