Volant released a beginner's racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by trickshot_artist, Oct 22, 2021.

1. trickshot_artist

trickshot_artist New Member

2. Jeff Tho (Volant)

Jeff Tho (Volant) New Member

YESSS! We just released it recently.
    Our goal was to lower the barriers of entry into the sport. So often, beginners use a really low-quality racket that makes their first experiences with badminton quite bad. Plus, they often get overwhelmed with how many choices there are out there.

So we wanted to create something that was HIGH QUALITY, AFFORDABLE and EASY TO USE.

And we think we have done just that!
    Thanks for the support!!

yenyesoh and OveRHeaDCleaR like this.
  3. local_sean

local_sean New Member

Hey guys

My friends at Volant just released their 2nd badminton racket, this time it's for beginners. I'm super excited for them and proud of what they are doing. If you're looking for a new racket and don't want to spend over $100, their Ignite X1 racket is only $79aud.

Check it out if you're interested: www.volantbadminton.com

I'm curious, what do you look for when buying a new racket? For me, I look at the design first.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets some court time (if you're not in lockdown).

Attached Files:

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Interesting timing between the first post and the second (the third too but it serves a different purpose). I don't think there are any restrictions in introducing your products on here in the first place, as long as it is well presented. Actually it would be much better and much more credible to read a proper presentation of the product (with a video?). Bonus points, transparency is highly valued nowadays, the contrary? Much less.

ucantseeme and speCulatius like this.
  5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    For the price there are many other and better choices out there and IMO a light racket and headlight racket is not a beginner racket. They feel more comfortable with lightness, but need the opposite. They need some mass to stabilize the swing and get some length on the clears/lifts, a bigger head and learn the proper technique. Beginners tend to swing slower so more mass complement it better. IMO they get the best results with a repulsive string and some head weight.

Woesi and speCulatius like this.
  6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Mostly when i recommend a racket for my beginner friend, i would say.

1. Find racket with this spec.
    4U, 295-300BP, & flex shaft.
    String it for 22 or 24 at most.

2. Agree for this one. From those spec, just pick the one look the coolest from your taste. But for a better player, i think how the racket perform are still no.1. At least me, wont play with the best looking racket if the spec not suit my preference.

3. Any brand would do good & cheap one. No need a high end, expensive one.

But i will never suggest light racket bellow 4U unless ofcourse he is kinda book freak that never play sport before & had weak body. Also i wont suggest head light racket either as beginer dont have fast swing speed to unlock its power. Little bit of weight do help them for sure & being abit heavier & head heavier will push them to grow. You wont grow being a lazy with all light enjoyable to use racket.