VRC Gathering on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Pete LSD, May 25, 2004.

1. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Panhandle, if you arrive late, ring the door bell periodically and hopefully someone will let you in. Otherwise I'm sure one of the boys will come up and check for your arrival from time to time.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    cappy75,

can you bring your cellphone? I'll call you when I get there, 7:30-ish :D

-dave

3. TTT

TTT Regular Member

ahhh....so many people going!!..

When are you guys staying till?? I might be able to drop by late at night.

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Dave,

I will be at the door... but I hope you got someone else to sign you in, cuz I am signing in 604badder.

5. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    I just wanted to say I had a great time Friday night at the VRC. So many BF'ers were in action tonight. 6 hours....wooo.... my longest session ever. Thanks for all the great games everyone.

Oh, and thanks again Cappy for signing me in. See you Sunday :D

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

604badder, it's my pleasure! We had some fantastic rallies last night, didn't we:)? The only bad thing was that we couldn't break out of our rotation to play with everybody. Anyway, let me know when you wanna play again. I could sign you up one more time for this month:).

7. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Re: Post VRC Gathering Friday....

Just a word of thanks to Pete LSD for getting a bunch of BF'ers together last night. It was great to catch up with some of the familiar faces and to meet new ones. Pity, I didn't get to mix it up too much.
    Panhandle...sorry about the last game, was so tired. Never played for so many hours before!
    wood_chuck_22, thanks for pointing out the new faces. It nice to put a face to the names... :cool:
    Thank you to speed78 for looking out for me & my stuff. :)

Downside...busted my strings on my Winex Ti-10 in about 10 mins into the sessions and had to resort to my YONEX..(wood_chuck_22:D) and tore my shoes towards the end of the night..... :mad:

Maybe a next one....?....but not too soon :D :D

#47 wwcbro, May 29, 2004
    Last edited: May 29, 2004
  8. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    It was a lot of fun last night! Luckily I got to play with almost all our guests...

604Badder - You made quite a number of shots in those games that totally took me by surprise. I don't think I've ever seen so many tape hits (that bounce over) during those couple of games, and you did them all to me :eek: :( :cool: LOL.

BreakMyStrings - Good games, I think we pretty much broke even eh? ;) :p

Cappy - You better show up tonight! Come on you know you want to! :D

PanHandle - What can I say dude... you've got the most effective unorthodox style of play I've ever seen.:eek: :D I quite thoroughly enjoyed that game we got to partner up together against that certain other unorthodox player! It was very satisfying to see his infamous unorthodox style get shredded by someone who could beat him at his own game! :D Poor PeteLSD though who had to partner with him and almost get smoked a few times.

WoodChuck - You seem to hit harder every time I see you dude!

WWCBro - As always, a pleasure playing with you. You never cease to make me laugh with your in-game one liners and comments! :D

Thanks to all that made it out. Great company and great fun! See you all again soon.

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Talking about unorthodox!!! I just let him do 90% of the work, since he was so eager to beat up Panhandle :D . I could barely contain myself during the game. Did he nearly smoked me :eek: :( ??? I didn't know.

#49 Pete LSD, May 29, 2004
  10. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Yeah his racquet came pretty close to the back of your head a few times *LOL*. Especially one really close call when I drove one past both of you, and I said, "Whoa! :eek:". It was cuz he jumped in right behind you and swung full out, he missed the shuttle and luckily your head too!

This reminds me that Cappy and 604Badder had a couple close calls too! Cappy almost lost another Carbonex *LOL*. Unlike BMS and I, just starring at eachother and letting the shuttle land between us. Protecting our Armortecs *LOL*.

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

timeless - the mind is willing but the body is not:D. Probably see you on Monday night, I will be in the doubles ladder. Maybe we could come up with a schedule for midday practice then:).

BTW, I won't consider that a major clash... me and 604Badder went for the same drop. Just a light clink, I thought nothing of it. I thought I could get it because he was out of position, but he's fast:D. Turns out that I was closer but still couldn't get it:(. Anyway, yeah, we definitely have to work on our rotation. 604Badder was just all over the place:D.

It's quite instructive playing against Panhandle, I won't say it's fun all the time cuz he knew where to place the birdie to put us in trouble:D. Man, his crosscourt drops railed the tape every time:eek:! Didn't exactly encouraged me to go for those shots either:D.

#51 cappy75, May 29, 2004
  12. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

My two AT-700s are less than 1 month old! It's starting to be "my precious" !

13. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

No wonder your shoes are toast! You gotto stop running all over the court! You gotta give us old farts an opportunity to get a few points! heh heh:D

14. panhandle

panhandle Regular Member

badminton/volleyball promoter
    That was an awesome night on Friday....6 hours of play, could have kept playing, but had to eat some dinner. It was nice to see people from my last outing and meet new people from here. I think I panhandled against everyone that wanted to see how it's done...next time I could play with 2 racquets if you want some more confusion on the court.

Want to panhandle like me? :D Is it the style you 'Hate to Love' or 'Love to Hate?' Free lessons while I'm sitting off!!!

Cappy, sorry you were discouraged by my shots...especially net dribblers!! I'm known for that because I keep the bird low and flat....sooner or later it's bound to hit the tape and if lucky, it'll go over!!! :D

Also showed up on Sunday with my ringer, female partner, at Colingwood!! :D She is better than me, (but Woodchuck didn't believe me when I told him and paid the price of a harsh defeat.

I will definately come out again, but WWCBro, better be in shape for a marathon night!! Bring more racquets and better shoes!! :D

Thanks to everyone for the good games, had a lot of fun!! :)

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! Panhandle, very nice of you to come by and gave us a few good games! Honestly, I am more curious about your shot selections than the panhandle technique:D. I use the panhandle grip too, but to a limited extent and to a lesser effect than yours:eek:. It's quite unfair of you to bring a ringer in, you're more than a match for most of us. I watched you guys decimated Dave and his partner (damn, never saw Dave sweat so much:eek: ) in the first game, and I wisely kept myself busy with the rest of the collingwood crowd for the rest of the day:D. Not sure if it's her beauty or her skill that paralyzes her oppositions... or perhaps the fearsome partner lurking behind her:rolleyes:. Please say hi to Aki for us and invite her to join us at Collingwood the next time:).

16. panhandle

panhandle Regular Member

badminton/volleyball promoter
    I wanted to play against my friend, but Woodchuck insisted I play with her. We took it easy when we played together, didn't do any smashing (usually don't) I did play a few games against her...but at the end, we played against that tall dude and his female partner 2 games in a row...both were close games.

As for my shot selections, I see where opponents are and try to get them out of position so my partner can get the kill shot.

I told her to join the forum and give some coaching tips...plus to go to Colingwood again and sign up some players to coach. She coaches a few players too. Get a BF group for her to coach.

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hmm... definitely interested in have a coach later on. Perhaps I will contact her when I see her at VRC or on the forum. Thanks Panhandle!

18. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    Hey Cappy let us all know if you do get a group together down the road. I'd be interested for sure.

:D

19. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    You guys actually GAVE us 2 points, which was even more demoralizing :D In my defense, here are my string of excuses:

1. It was my first game.
    2. I was "cold"

easily shot down, however, that (1) and (2) applied to you both, too. Holee molee, Aki's smash in SOOO cool in the sense of consistency, timing and placement. I am quite humbled. So, uh, is she single? Bwahahahahha :)

When you guys where playing, there was so many murmurings courtside. "Who ARE they?!" and "BEJEEEZUS... did you see how Aki smashed?" (okay this was me). Plenty of admiration too at both your skill level. Okay, Aki's. You too, panhandle.

IT WAS MY FIRST GAME! :D

Like I told you cappy75, there was a space open to play against panhandle/Aki ... space to prove YOUR worth after the *tsk*, *tsk* on me after the game. I noticed you didn't jump for the marker to put your name down, which is exactly how I felt after :D

Kidding aside, she's one awesome player. And quite attractive too. Very nice personality. Constantly smiling and laughing at some shots, and pleasant.

panhandle, Vancouver welcomes you as much as possible, if you bring more ladies like that with you :D

-dave

20. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    How much does she charge anyway? I'd really be interested. And, yes, I am serious.

-dave