VRC Gathering on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Pete LSD, May 25, 2004.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Nah, I think you were just nervous as you managed to serve into the net several times. One thing for sure, all of you have improved a lot (based on the last time that I saw you guys play).

For example, SB is a lot faster than I remembered or maybe I'm just getting old :p :p

BTW, PeteLSD, still owe you for the pass. Will get you the $$ next time I see you.

2. Winex West Can

Hi Tech

Okay, who's Speed78? Friend from RBC is Rick Lee, right?

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! Perhaps a search for Speed78's previous posts will reveal his/her identity;). Nice to meet and partner with Rick again after the RBC friendlies. Saw him spectating at the Canadian Masters this year, but didn't get to chat with him much cuz I was linejudging:).

4. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Speed78 was there all night. I think you must have chatted with one another as well.

5. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Another successful BF gathering!:D From what I saw it looks and sounds like everyone had a lot of fun. I certainly did.:)

TTT certainly has improved a lot. I watched a few of his rallies and thought, "Wow is that really TTT?! He's really starting to catch on!". Good job TTT, keep up the training! To The Top!:cool:

Cappy shouldn't worry about hitting WWCBro... it's retribution for getting nailed in the eye yourself a few days back! ;) What comes around, goes around right?

I got a chance to see Mr & Mrs 15Love's new baby daughter! Soooo cute! Wait, did "I" just say that? Even put in my share of baby sitting as well while the parents were getting some much deserved court time! :p

Kitty! Oooooh so you thought that was sooooo funny when I got nailed in the back of the head by my partner huh?! :p Well you'll be even more pleased to know that she nailed me right in the middle of the back the following game as well! :( :p

The WWC brothers took out the Lai brothers 3 games straight!? Looks like the Lai brothers better start/pick up their training regimen... :eek: :p

WWC & Bro, good work on the Lai brothers. Perhaps now they'll start taking their training more seriously heheh ;) :p I agree with you that everyone has improved. But I also think you and your bro need to play more often as well :p :D Can't let the young guys out last you right!

WoodChuck... dude where were you?? You were certainly missed. My typhoons work fine for me... I have more problems due to my poor footwork than I do with the shoes themselves. :eek: Willow was supposed to make it to VRC but didn't...

It was quite a full house that night, and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play with most people. The rotations and number of free players just didn't match up. It was still a blast though to be among so many friends. Great to see all of you again. Let's not make it too long before the next gathering! :)

Best/Most memorable moment of the night:

During the second Lai bros. vs WWC bros. game, a lot of BFers were spectating, and SchrodingerCat had a run of amazing shots to win several rallies in a row. We were all cheering and clapping as if it were a tournament! And at the end of every rally, Schrodinger would shyly raise his arms with the hugest grin on his face that just killed the crowd with laughter. I never laughed so hard in a long time! :D :D :D

6. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    *LOL* You know Speed78 quite well! Too funny~ :D

7. Kitty

Kitty Regular Member

Timeless, that's what you end up getting for being a nice guy to let us girl players practice at the rearcourt (while you big tall guy take up the frontcourt!!) I feel sooo sorry for you! :D :D :D

Let's look at it this way, at least it was only the birdie that hit you. In another case, I've seen a flying racquet!! :p

Thanks for the games and the laughs!!

8. TTT

TTT Regular Member

Thanks for all the games guys! It was soo much fun and I was so dead tired last night!

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Er... that's not retribution... it's not even karma:(. Can't really help it if I get over-excited when a big fat pop-up appear in front of me:eek:. It just doesn't happen often enough:(. You will offend the badminton gods when you refuse the gift they offer! Dude, I tell ya... my hands are tied. Can't do much else except what comes naturally to me.

Yeah, receiving your tap near my eye is no fun:rolleyes:. Should have got my service shot downpat and react faster when attacked:D.

Yeah, ShrodingerCat really surprised me with his inspired play:). Can't help but cheer for the guys:p.

#129 cappy75, Jun 14, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  10. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Ah, believe me I was tempted! Had to work that day, and when I stepped out of the office at 9:30pm, I thought REALLY hard about heading out to VRC. Hehehee, next time.

I'll use the Typhoons for casual shoes now, since they look really sharp. They also serve really well for an excuse for a guy with poor footwork. "Look at this sole. TOOOOO high," I'll say, and brush aside the footwork aspect :D

-dave

11. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Cappy75, watch wwcbro now ... he'll be calling on you for his free dinner after you clocked him. I still haven't paid him a dinner yet for the last time I nailed him. :D

-dave

12. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Those were fun games :D :D :D Yeah, Timeless getting nailed by his partner at least once per games was just hilarious!!!

13. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Darn! Didn't get a chance to talk to her on Sat. She was busy playing although she was the one who ended up organizing the Lai vs Kho brothers match-up :D :D

14. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    both of you better treat him to high class dinner or else he might show his true self

lyrics from 50 cent's many men:
    "In the bible it says, what goes around, comes around
    Almost shot me, three weeks later he got shot down
    Now it's clear that I'm here, for a real reason
    'Cause he got hit like I got hit, but he ain't f****** breathing "

15. SchrodingerCat

SchrodingerCat New Member

looking for one
    I felt like a gladiator ..... :D

16. TTT

TTT Regular Member

OMG...did the SchrodingerCat became a Lion King? :D :eek:

17. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    *LOL* Dude your smiles and the look on your face were priceless!!! :D :D :D
    You were certainly winning the crowd over!

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! I think I could get out of that on a technicality... we weren't playing in RBC that night:D.