Wang Xin ( 汪鑫 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

From BWF website http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=70752:

General News

Top Badminton Players Running for Athletes' Commission

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - Text by Gayle Alleyne
    Some well-known badminton personalities – five men and three women – are vying for three places to represent their peers on the BWF Athletes’ Commission.

After four days of voting – two at the Yonex German Open 2013 and two at the Yonex All England Open Badminton Championships – players will know on Thursday 7 March who they have selected to speak and act on their collective behalf for the next four years.

Those seeking election are: Imogen Bankier (Scotland); Cai Yun (China); Koo Kien Keat (Malaysia); Kaveh Mehrab (Iran); Greysia Polii (Indonesia); Yuhan Tan (Belgium); Hans-Kristian Vittinghus (Denmark); and Wang Xin (China). All, except Mehrab – who chaired the outgoing Commission – are newcomers seeking office for the first time.

Eligible voters must meet at least one of the following criteria:
    • Be listed on the Main & Qualifying list of players for the 2013 YONEX German Open or the YONEX All England Championships.
    • Be ranked in the top 150 players in Women’s or Men's Singles on Thursday 31 January 2013 (the ranking date for the Main and Qualifying draws for the Yonex German Open).
    • Be ranked, with another player, in the top 95 pairs in Women’s, Men's or Mixed Doubles as at Thursday 31 January 2013.

Voters must select one female candidate, one male candidate and a third candidate of either gender.The three successful candidates will join other current Commission members – Lee Yong Dae (Korea); Emma Mason (Scotland; Vice Chair); and Rodrigo Pacheco (Peru) as well as ex-officio member, Pedro Yang (Guatemala).

The six members are selected on a rotational basis, with half the panel having elections every two years. One of the newly-constituted Commission’s first duties will be to determine a Chair and that individual will sit on the BWF Council.

For further information on the upcoming BWF Athletes' Commission election, including profiles of the eight candidates, click here.
    *****​
    The BWF Athletes’ Commission was established in 2008. Its purpose is to represent the views of athletes to the BWF Council. The Chair of the BWF Athletes Commission is a full voting member of the Council and has the responsibility of advising the Council on matters relevant to athletes.The BWF Athletes’ Commission is guided by the Athletes’ Commission Charter.

--- Saw Wang Xin's name in the list (bolded by me) and Cai Yun as well? From this, do I gather that Wang Xin is not retiring and should be back competing once she's fully recovered from her injury and in good shape? Hope so and looking forward to it.

#321 Justin L, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Fingers and toes crossed for the comeback of spunky queen.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wonder how Wang Xin is doing. Has she started some light training in badminton? Hope so.

4. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Today I finally watched the Olympic QF between WX and Ratchanok. I was under the impression that this match featured a great comeback from WX. I guess it was, but after having watched it, I would more call it a massive choke from Ratchanok. She was really playing a marvellous match, a set and 16-9 up. WX hits a clear that Racthanok misjudges and lets it drop, but it lands just on the line. From that moment on the nerves got out of control for Ratchanok and her game collapsed like a house of cards.

And I can't help but wonder how much better it could have been for both players, had Ratchanok actually held her nerve all the way and won. She could have challenged Saina for the bronze medal, and first and fore all, WX could have been spared her injury....

Please be able to make comeback WX

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    No reason why WX cannot make a comeback at some time, as long as she takes her time about it and doesnt try to push things along too quickly. She has already experienced a setback with her spinal injury long ago. That was many years ago and when her body was much younger and able to heal more quickly and completely. She will have to allow for more time now. It would be a BIG, BIG (oh, did I say, BIG?) mistake to mess with the healing and recuperation now, and especially at her age. It might turn out to be her last mistake.

One thing these girls must work out along with their coaches and support staff, is a different way of playing. I'm truly flabbergasted how the CBA technical staff could not consider this in all seriousness for their badly injured stars.

Look at how some of the top male stars from other countries have had to reinvent themselves over time. They make allowances for their injuries, and as a result not only prolong their careers but show that with discipline, brains and more attention to improving other skills, they can remain in the top echelon for a long time.

When I see how the CBA coaching and support staff have over the past 3-4 years (if not more) handled their WS stars especially when the chips were down, I've noticed just too many goof-ups and errors, and a certain inflexible way of doing things and addressing problems. They are destroying good talent. Just because there appears to be and endless conveyor belt of WS champions in China does not give them the right to behave like production supervisors. :mad:

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Hi Vixter,
    could you tell me where you got the video of WX's match against Rat? It is not on the BWF site unfortunately. Thanks

7. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Here you go:
    http://dl.dbank.com/c0vtw6n4jw

You can choose whichever of the files to download, they both contain the full match. I chose the .ts version, quality is great

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

At least wang xin and wang lin can still afford to smile in this recent pic. WX even manage to hit the birdie with the shuttlecock tube;)
    [​IMG]

9. Federflieger

Federflieger New Member

I hope Wang Xin will recover soon and enjoy all her fans for some years more! As I cherish her delicate playing style, anticipating moves and incredible accuracy a lot. It's a pleasure to watch her play. She has to revover thoroughly, of course, however are there any news about a come back?

10. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

She is hoping to make her come back in June for the prelim rounds for the national games

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Good news indeed! I hope she makes a complete recovery and doesn't make any hasty moves on her comeback trail. :) Her being an asset to the game and to CBA doesn't begin and end at just being a player, IMO.

12. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

WX was not well enough to participate in the preliminary round of the National Games. Since she is not seeded, she will not play in the individual competition. However, she will make her official come back in the team competition at the National Games in September.

In fact, she was not able to beat the fans in "holding the panda" competition. http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-06-24/18026636510.shtml
    [​IMG]

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This girl looks painfully thin and stressed! Aside from her knee injury, I hope she's well ... :(

14. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    The news said that she has resumed regular training which is good news for her supporters. September is the time we shall all see her in action. With her coming back into the mix, WS will be more exciting to watch.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

taken from the chinese forum

18490463.jpg

Img273394804.jpg

Img273394814.jpg

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is Wang Xin really making a comeback at age 27, starting with the upcoming National Games of the PRC? I've my doubts though I'd love to see her back.

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, Zhang Ning won her first of two Olympics Golds at the grand old age of 29.
    27 is still a spring chicken, plenty of time.

#337 AlanY, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    But even at 29, other than XXF, no other Chinese WS could challenge ZN at that time. Now there are LXR and WYH at the top 2 spots. It will be tough for her.

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    If it's true that the spot #1 or #2 is out of the grip there's still #3 or even #4 to eyeing for... imho, after all a spot within the top 10 can't be too bad esp. if there's some physical drawback caused by some injury ;)

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Not that easy for a player at that age coming after a knee injury to come and catch the places of #1 #2 #3 #4.... If you go for it really, then you need to care for the knee not to get it happen again.. Wang Lin really worked hard to attain it.. But unfortunately, she could not do it. She can give her knee a bit of tension for some time but not a prolonged time.. Her injury was critical one. Natural joints are not equal to artificial joints. She need to be careful .. Nowadays, it will be difficult to beat any of the top 10 players that easily. Note to mention here is that ZhangNing did it with her "no problem" knee. She can try to do it step by step... Let's see what she decides in the future...

#340 scorpion1, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013