Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

How so?

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Did anyone noticed Zhang Ning avoided eye contact with WYH when WYH walked to the baseline when the score was 20-16 in the 2nd game. Zhang Ning's expression was like she was disgusted with WYH.

3. KariSeng

KariSeng Regular Member

This is to avoid putting more pressure on yi han.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good point,more likely you're right, their mentor/teacher - student relationship is very strong.

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

maybe it's to make WYH more concentrate on herself? to raise her spirit?

btw, even GC compliment WYH as a brave player when she just left SJH's long serve on 16-20 point in G2. i think what she said kinda that it's a brave decision in such situation. and since that long serve which went out, WYH got her win!

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LD said he was 'nervous' and not slept well the night before TC final. Well, LD should check out ZN, with those huge bags in her eyes and as the 1st match between WYH and Sung went, ZN grew quite a few white hairs....ZN avoiding eye contact with WYH was not this teacher-student thingie but she was pissed all over like 'why is this happening to me again, UC10 repeat?':D

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    All of them almost had a heart attack. Including billions watching. lol. ;) Good thing she won. ;)

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Maybe you're right too - ZN was scared and frustrated at the same time,hence avoided eye-contact with WYH, didn't know what to say or gesture to her.

9. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

It's basically the moment of truth. What do you do when your career is literally depending on 1 error and your mentor and teacher refuses to react? There are only two possible reactions: Either you get your sh*t together and start trusting in yourself, or you just collapse under the pressure and lose/cry/disappear.

It's still a big gamble though because you never know how someone will react in those situations :p.

So what y'all say? On to the OG2012 with gold for WYH? :D

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Nope. It's a calculated ploy to get her to grow up.

If you've closely watched Saturday or Sunday matches between WYH and one of her compatriots where WYH isn't doign to well, you would observe her instinctively glancing back at the coaches chair for guidance, and then kinda half-slump or look out into the stands where ZN would be found, in the hope of some sign or reasurance.

She needs to be weaned off that dependancy, and that is exactly what they have been doing for some time now.

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I don't think WYH's career is 'literally depending on 1 error' had she lost. ZN and LYB could be mightily pissed off, that would be expected. WYH still going to OLY12 and I rate her the favorite to win OLY12 gold. Only fella who can torpedo her chance is if LXR makes it to OLY and LXR plays opposite half of WYH and gets to play WYH in final, then anytning can happen.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LXR is in the form of her life now but she hasn't reached her full potential yet and has a few loose ends to tie up. Besides she is inexperienced and untested in big occasions, the OG'12 is a huge one. It is possible she may rise to the occasion and play above herself to decisively beat everybody to win gold, though a silver this time is already a bonus considering she wasn't even thought of a few months ago.

Wang Yihan is an undeniable choice for gold because I believe her miraculous comeback win against Sung JH has toughened her even more and cemented her self-belief when she successfully overcome the UC2010 demon in her. This invaluable incident will stand her in good stead in all future pressure-cooker situations,giving her the mental edge over Wang Xin and LXR, as in term of skills there isn't much to choose from among the three.

As for Wang Xin,my greatest concern for her is whether she will be unceremoniously bundled out in the early rounds. Barring that,she is practically unstoppable. At the age of 26, the oldest of the three, I would wish her to be the first among equals. Should it be an all-CHN affair in the final, I'd expect a free fight no matter it is WYH or LXR she is facing,nobody wants to wait another 4 years.

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

there is still some time to watch WYH play before OG, and we can watch her development after this UC there. maybe better, or maybe still the same too.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i like WX the most as well. She crashed out in the early rounds because of three reasons:

(1) She has adopted Lin Dan's strategy against non-CHN players. They both do not play their best in unimportant tournaments. They do this because their primary goal is not to sustain injury and they are happy to stay at ranking no. 2. If you play your 100% everytime, you will be injured.
    (2) She has adopted LD's strategy against own teammates. They will only play 50%. Reasons being obvious. It saves energy.
    (3) The above strategies are needed because they need to be 100% injury-free at a major tournaments (eg, Thomas/Uber Cup). Full of energy and free of injury, they can play 100% to destroy their opponents in a major event.

Btw, has anyone notice that LD and WX are both lefty and from Baiyi? Her style and technique are similar to that of LD.

#1954 pcll99, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Basically, Wang Xin copied/plagiarised Lin Dan's moves and stances

Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian are the only ones who came up with their own moves and signature shots.

Li Xuerui is the combination of three of them both physically and technically

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Yes I feel the same for WX in the early rounds...whatever it is, CHN team will be well-prepared, this is it for all the marbles, no farting around like some EAG or even SS. The way WX played in UC, we can see the energy and how fit/prepared she will be come OLY, the same for the rest of the world. It is still early, I am predicting 4 golds, 3 golds guarantee.

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I dont really believe Wang Xin will screw up in the early round in contradiction to what i have been throwing about her form lately. After seeing her play in the Uber Cup, she reminded me of the form she together with Wang Shixian displayed in the Asian Games. It's about fighting hard and no joking around that led them to become eventual medallist.

I havent seen Wang Yihan performed like them yet but with her passing the ultimate test to become the Jedi Master overcoming the seduction of her inner demons and finally buried once and for all. We will see Wang Yihan fighting to the end barring any injuries.

Firstly, China shouldn't complain about group format. It prevents them from getting exit early to be honest. Wang Xin has the blessing of disguise to become the 2nd seed player and usually the first two seeds will have a very excellent draw. Unfortunately for Li Xuerui, she will probably be used to give walkover to her teammates should they too succeed in the early rounds, making my first All England jinx comes true.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    today is the day that LYB will submit the names of three WS players for the Olympics!

but that's just a formality. the real decision won't be made until July.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I assume he will submit the three Wangs first then changed at the very last minute.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

no, he only needs to confirm if China will take up the max 3 WS to London.
    They got until July to confirm who to send