Warm up jackets vs sweaters

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Ketan Patil, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil New Member

Can somebody tell me whether I can wear sweaters between games?

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Surely you can wear what you want? It depends how warm or cool you want to be.

Nothing is as warm/cool as a sleeveless sweater.

3. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil New Member

I meant what should we wear after and before a match in a tournament, btw thanks for the effort:)

4. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Ahhh, I understand. The question I thought you asked is easier to answer :)
    How long do you spend warming up before the first game? And how long do you spend warming up for any following games?

Technically you need a number of thin layers to be able to be able to vary your temperature easily and it is good to remove any sweat as soon as you can. Sweat against the skin acts like a refrigerator and can cool you too quickly. As your heart rate lowers your blood will flow slower and you will lose more heat. Build up your layers slowly as your temperature lowers. Start with a towel down to remove sweat then add a thin layer (baselayer) that will wick remaining sweat from your skin - like a thin microfiber material. Then add a heat insulating layer such as a fleece. If you need more layers then keep adding insulating layers.

As you prepare for the next game remove your layers gradually whilst warming up until you reach peak temperature. This means the layers should be easy to play in and not cause problems with your movement. Trousers you can slip on and off over trainers are very convenient and save time.

And keep moving. Don't let your muscles cool too much or will risk getting injuries. I know, hence my ridiculous name.

kwun likes this.
  5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I think jackets are far better than sweaters at least personally. I find it really uncomfortable to pull sweaters on and off over my head when I'm all sweaty.

6. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil New Member