WC 2005 Anaheim hotel discount exclusively for BC members

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by kwun, Dec 13, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the World Championships 2005 is quickly approaching (well, kinda... :) ) and being held in Anaheim, CA, it is a good visit for many BC members local and abroad. the WC is one of the biggest events attended by the top players in the world. especially for the members who plans to visit from abroad, it is never too early to plan a little bit ahead.

one of the major factor to visiting the WC is to find a place to stay. and i am currently trying to work out a deal with a local hotel in Anaheim (Holiday Inn Anaheim, only 3 miles away from the WC arena) so BC members can get a group discount for the hotel room. (how's that for member's benefit? :) )

right now, i do not have the information on the exact rate/discount. the lady in charge will be giving me more solid information in the next day or two.

from looking at their website, the standard rate is US$71/room/day for advanced booking. so the group discount rate should be lower than that.

i am just wondering who will be interested in taking up this offer so i know how many rooms i should request the hotel to reserve for us. so if you seriously plan to come visit and will consider taking up this offer, send me a PM so i have an idea the attendance.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just a quick update. the room rate that we are offered by the hotel is US$58/night (discounted from US$71). the rate is applicable August 15-21.

3. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Great time to spread the love for badminton to those who haven't experienced it yet. ;)

4. Winning Touch

Winning Touch Regular Member

What a deal! Kwun: Is the hotel called Holiday Inn Anaheim at the Park at 1221 S Harbor Blvd? Thx!

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is a pretty good deal! 18% discount.

the address is:

Holiday Inn and Suites Anaheim
    1240 South Walnut
    Anaheim, CA 92802

are you planning to attend the WC?

6. wukenne

wukenne Regular Member

I'm planning to go, when do we have to get the reservations in by to guarantee the discounted price? I think there's like a party of at least 5 coming the big white north here.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cool. :)

i am still looking over the contract, but i think the cutoff date is august 1st. ie. you must book before then. for out-of-towners, i hope that won't be too much of a problem as we need to book flight tickets as well so it will make sense to plan it further ahead of time...

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Count me in!

I will do anything to make sure my boss NOT to give me any assignments during that time period. At least, I will try... :rolleyes:

9. OTFK

OTFK Regular Member

engineer
    That is pretty good deal.

I have to check with my friend and get back to you. Please post any update on booking deadline.

10. OTFK

OTFK Regular Member

engineer
    Yes, count my friend and I in for the group booking.

11. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I might be traveling out the US then, but if I am in the US, I would like to try and see the WC. It will be good to see top class badminton. The last time I saw quality badminton in a live venue was many eons ago.

Ron

12. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Hi kwun, I will be going but my parents will have to reserve the hotels (we might even just do a daily drive up from San Diego but I'm not sure). I was wondering how we get the rate for the hotel room if we do end up booking a hotel? Can we do it ourselves, or do I have to let you know so you can reserve them? We have a giant group of people going so I don't even know how many rooms I'd need to book (have to find that out). :confused:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Regarding places to stay in and around the Arrowhead Pond/Anaheim area, there are quite a few hotels/inns/suites within driving or even walking distances and if anyone has a AAA membership card, they can use it to get a discounted room reservation. Mebbe some hotels/inn/suites can negotiate a special weekly stay rate. Not too sound like a hotel marketer, I would suggest anyone from outside California/US coming to the WC, to reserve a room as early as possible.