Wecan Gold Shuttlecock speed?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Siddique, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Siddique

Siddique New Member

Has any one of u played with wecan shuttlecocks ?? Here only "wecan Gold" shuttlecocks are available .. What is speed of wecan gold ???
    We want to play with speed 77.....

2. Risdon

Risdon New Member

Wecan gold is speed 77

3. bryan_yo

bryan_yo New Member

How much is the price for Wecan GOLD in your country?

4. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

If you want to play with 77, just ask for 77 speed Wecan. Shuttles speed can be from 75-80. Wecan is Quangdong base manufacturer and normally supply to nearby provinces so generally southern China is using 77 speed most. All the Wecan I played before were 77 speed and most likely you will get 77 speed as well.

Wecan Gold is one grade lower than red but both are made from duck feathers, not tournament grade but ok for intermediate level single play and training. Not recommended for high level play or double. They have a dark green top level Goose feather shuttle if you can afford to pay more. Overall wecan is not a good shuttle to use, biggest problem come from the glue, the glue is weak and smelly, cork will deform and break after a few heavy smashes. I moved on to other brands after a few tubes.

5. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher

I regularly use Wecan (I'm in southern China) but red more than the gold. They seem to be okay value, which is why I think a lot of people use them here. But yeah, haven't ever seen them in a tournament and you can easily go through a tube in just 2 hours play.