What happened with MAS badminton?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by mazinkaiser, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Yup...We have more potential pairs in MD compared to the single event...Hope BAM can solve this problem so LCW can really enjoy playing badminton...

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Were the comments made when this ex-president was still the president?

Pretty good and realistic comments.

Maybe LCW is feeling the pressure of expectation. What the team needs is support. The current batch of singles players don't provide enough support.

3. BaddestHawaii

BaddestHawaii Regular Member

for MS, Malaysia cannot just depends on LCW one person. My suggestion is first get rid of Misbun since players under him is a “sure” looser. When is BAM goona awake and make decision to fired Misbun?
    Math equation:

Ha_i_ + Mis(b)un (S)idek = HaBiS (means “end/looser” in malay)

There's still hope on MD in the next few year because as we can see there are couple good young md team lined up as long as Malaysia can keep Rexy as MD coach.
    KKK should partner with the next most potential younger md player instead of CCM so that Malaysia can have at least one strongest md team. TBH may the one?
    Well….no offence to anyone.....just my little observation…

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

LD's mental is tough. But even him breaks too! Look at his outing the last Olympic? Since he barely lose that yr, the chinese media r pretty confident that he could do well, but the fact is the pressure was to much for him to take.....
    Anyways, i believe everybody goes through this learning stage, not even Taufik and LD escapes it. But both of them r much more luckier than LCW, he has to fight alone everytime, while LD and Taufik has teammates or experience seniors to count on when they r still improving in their skills and mental....

#24 zqloy, Oct 14, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what do you expect them to do? win every single tournament?

i think the performance of the players have always been the same, the problem is that the expection are unrealistically high.

6. Lennethe

Lennethe Regular Member

AIYAAAAAAA, wong choong han ah, faster chong chu jiang hu, if not chong wei will suffer more, kuan beng hong also need to improve alot

7. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Exactly. Malaysia should learn to enjoy badminton sports. With one guy in men's single semi, and 50% chance winning the men's double. What you expect more!!! and no other country even better than Malyasia this time in men's events.

By reading posts on this forum, I feel that a lot of Malyasia fans worry to much, and expect too much also. One tiny loss can make Malaysia fans sad,:cool: , while one tiny win can make Indonesia fans high :D

8. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

taufik doesn't have any teammates to help him, i think the condition lcw and taufik is equal, the different is taufik more mature after the olympics win, lcw condition more likely same as taufik in 2000 so lcw has to get used to with the preasure, if he can't handle it he is not a champion.

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

A few years back when he is still improving be to more mature in his games, there is seniors like Hendrawan and Marleve to share the burden.

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    TH began to win something after Hendrawan and Marleve retired. Actually although those players were quite famous, but they got their name before they won anything big. Hendrawan did not win anything big, even anything small outside south east Asia, until suddenly the wc, at that time, he's thought almost finished. Same things happened to Taufik too. Before the Olympics, Taufik didn't win anything in Europe, his best was just the runner up at all England. suddenly won Japan Open, OG, and WC. For Marleve, I still cannot remember anything for him, except his name.

So, keeping playing, Lee CW will win something big. At his age, both Taufik and Hendrawan were not as good as him yet. Lee CW has won a lot world wide, even the Denmark open last year. Keep in mind, that, neither Taufik, nor Hendrawan, has won any open tournament in Europe yet. So if Lee wins just 1 WC or OG, he will be a better player than them. :D

11. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

Taufik won both the OG and WC outside asia and i think taufik and lcw is at the same age now.

but nevertheless i hope malaysia get the OG in beijing later, coz ina,korea,china, and denmark has got it, it's poor achievement for one of the best country in badminton

12. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    I agree that everyone in malaysia put high hopes for LCW, he might not be strong mentally, but i guess everyone notice he has improved alot this year, and i think that's more thn enough. He still have space for improvement. Why few blame Hafiz whn he lost but blame Chong Wei that badly whn he lost? Give them our players a break........
    a rubber banned which is strecth too much will break oso mar.........
    apa kata lagi our players? thy r human~

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

LCW's mental is no longer weak where he had improved alot this year. But i noticed he is still lack of some experience and might had overworked himself too much. Anyway, i believe he is smart and can surely recover to his topform quickly. ;)

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Dark cloud

Actually compare to few years back, our standard has improved quite a bit. During Rashid, Ong Ewe Hock, Yong Hock Kin to Choon Hann era, we hardly see any Malaysia in the Final and expectation was quite reasonable compare to now. Of course, LCW should not blame fan for over-burden him with high expectation as he ranks as wolrd #1 and 2 for quite some time without producing consistent results.
    I think the problem is back to mental, even with the help of all these so call "High Performance" coaches like Li Mao and Rexy, what have the Malaysian players acheive besides runner-up?
    In Men's singles, the really competitve one is Lee Chong Wei, Lee Chong Wei and Lee Chong Wei, no others. Give credit to Li Mao but what happen to the rest of the players like Kay Bin, Beng Hong?
    In Men's Doubles, even though Rexy has brought up so many good pairs but none of them have yet to win and title except the Malaysia Open. Look at China, only have Fu/Cai but have achieved much more bagging All England and World Championship.
    As for the Women's Singles, after seeing the exhibition games between Xie Xingfing vs Zhang Ning in Japan Open ... We can only pray Mew Choo have good draw on every tournament when China is participating.
    Well, still have lots of room to improve in order to kick the Greatwall, ...

15. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Nope, the comments were made by the ex-president recently after BAM, the coaches and the players were slammed by the NSC for the defeat in MAdrid. He was once the president of NSC, so he knows well how things are really going on.

16. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I agreed that the expectations are high for malaysian players, it's because china is way too dominating n most of us hope that we can produce the same results as china does

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    LCW and the rest need to consistently work harder than then chinese. I heard LD continue to practice after the training is over. Just like Maradona. Find his own weakness, improve on it and capitalize on the strength.
    rgds

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If I remember correctly Hendrawan didn't really come to the fore until 1998. He was already about 25 yrs old then. That time his 1998 Thomas cup performance was brilliant and his S'pore Open 1998 performance was brilliant as well when he blew away Peter Gade. The he got silver in Olympics and winner of 2001 WC

So M'sia still got hope for their own players;)

#38 Cheung, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  19. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    relax.... i believe LCW hasn't show his true self yet... let him rest for now.... he is already one great player.. give him some more time.... :) he can definitely make it big...

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I can't see how they can work harder than LD, knowing that he already spends most of his day training... Maybe the MAL players need to play http://dev.revoke.ca/flash/badminton/, instead of games like Street Fighter, or World of Warcraft during their spare time.:p and Imagine the cpu on the other side of the court is LD or someone from the Chinese team.:eek: