What is wrong with LCW?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by smashko, Dec 8, 2006.

1. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Now the malaysian doubles players coach by rexi fr indonesia... single player coach by lin mau fr china...

without them, BAM can't develop the good players...BAM need import coach...

So what is your mention about LCW... He beat who at Swiss Open, Chinese taipei??

So LCW can win the All England,Olimpic, and World Champioanship that beat LD, TH, BCL, LYI.... It is good..But until now only can beat at home.. It right you know..

So I compare: LD can beat TH at Overseas... and....

MIX double China beat Liliana Natsir/Nova at Indonesian Open.... also Liliana Natsir/Nova Beat the Best China MIX Double at China Open..... So Both of them got best mentality...

TH beat Peter Gate, Lin Dan, and then Chen Hong at Singapore Open 2005..

TH beat BCL, LCW and Lin Dan at Asian Games 2006... It is very good mentality by Taufik Hidayat.... So I never seen this from malaysian players....

so discrimination....No....If Malaysian Players can change this perception... now Malaysia got good players with good mentality...

so... Finally...enough for me to argument of this.... It is Real.. Alots peoples said same like me... thanks

2. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

so thanks.... I know Malaysian was angry... included you...hhhaaaa....but for me, I never angry with you jug8man... I only mention Malaysian Players..So don't critic myself....OK... I know you.

3. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Obviously talking to an idiot, I wont bother anymore, say whatever u want

4. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Oh... I never said from this LCW Thread such as: idiot, Stupid, etc.... So weak mentality of you..OK..

I stop my arguments...no talk anymore about this thread...

OK.... All Malaysian Players the best...

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I doubt LCW can defend his MO title in 2007 with his injury. If he does, he will likely pay a high price for it; the stress fracture blooming into a full fracture. I just hope he won't play, otherwise the worst can happen with an injury curtailing his career or derailing him from revealing all of his badminton gifts.But , you know, MAS coaches don't make smart decisions...

The crowd support is always crucial. With LD and TH, their crowd support is never limited to the homeland. In Doha TH beat LD in no small way with the Indonesian crowd support. It's like he's playing in Indonesian Open. Similarly with LD, almost all places the CHN crowd support is very strong (even in Malaysia!) unless they get drowned out by INA crowd which I would rate as the most aggressive. INA does not just cheer for INA player ; they jeer at the opponent as well. At least CHN crowd only cheer for CHN. Unfortunately the CHN coach does the CHN crowd injustice by outdoing the INA crowd in harassing the opponent player. Malaysian crowd support is just like Malaysians: warm. Except on BCF!
    I'm sorry you came under fire.

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Saugusli & Simp84: TH no doubt will be nicely remembered along side the likes of ZJH, Hartono, Morten Frost, Han Jian, and other badminton greats and we are blessed to have LD, TH and LCW playing in the same era. Just imagine without TH, LD will rule the game out right, and vice versa. True LCW has difficulty winning outside of MAS, I agree with Han that LCW is an excellent player but not a great player but very entertaining to watch. I watched LCW played in WC05 and since then he has improved so much, his skill in MO06 is superb and I envied those fortunate to see the game live. I treasured that video as much as ZJH demolishing Joko in AE90, among the best display in badminton matches. Just be thankful for internet, we get to watch the game far away from where they are played...and have a merry christmas to you all!

7. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    OK, Then you are saying we should all be professional about this and only bash the Nationality and not the Person. Because that would be getting 'PERSONAL'

The thing here is, while we Malaysians here hold our Nations Badminton Pride at a very personal level (Which results in our personal reaction to your statements), YOU however DO NOT indicate any such pride or feelings thru your reaction for your own Nation's Badminton.

Thus, you hitting us where it hurts would only invite us to hit you where it hurts you the most. Your own self.

I don't really have any problems with Singapore Badminton. And I'm very sure you have nothing to do with Singapore Badminton as well. Due to your lack of involvement in 1) Singapore Badminton, 2) Malaysian Badminton, and 3) Any known relation to respectable Badminton what so ever, Perhaps you should just stop, think for a second over what you are doing and what you are saying, and the impression that YOUR behaviour gives about Singapore Badminton People.

You are tarnishing the hardwork of other Singaporean BC members such as Loh, Aerotus, Sealman and etc,...........

TBBMBB(N)

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    For LCW to finish runner-up many times to LD is nothing to be ashamed off. LD dominated 2006 with so many wins, that even players like PG, BCL, CH play second fiddle to LD. MAS is a small country, to produce player like LCW that can take a set from LD in many finals and beat LD in MO06 is quite an achievement. INA be careful, if TH quit, who do you have coming up, Tommy is a future prospect that's all. Same for MAS too if LCW quit. For China, that is quite different. If LD pulled a stunt like TH did in taking time off in 2006, LD would lose his place in Team China. China has so much depth, that CH who would be #1 in most countries could not even make the team. And XXZ could not defend his crown in WC05, that is a shame. And both are still world class players! And what about Gong Wie Jie, twice world junior champ, where is he now, disappeared from the radar? If Gong belongs to any country other than China, he will be groomed to be their #1. Therefore, you cannot really compare LCW to TH and LD, both TH and LD are really a class above the rest. LCW has improved so much since WC05, I wonder how much more can he improve. His technique, corss-court smash, deception, speed, stamina are great...I still think he lacks a power smash. And I think LD shows too much respect for TH and not much for LCW...just my thought.

9. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya...Its seem like Ina has only taufik hidayat...And i don't see any other single players,so i think Ina should be careful coz Taufik can;t play forever but is a fact that taufik really make ina proud...

10. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Oops,

Just realized Saugusli is not Singaporean. It's a smart thing retaliated everything directly and not towards Singapore Badminton, eh Loh??? :D

If LCW is mentally weak, that would make myself and almost everybodyelse a retard!

cheers.

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Do u know who did LCW trashed in Swiss Open? Its the former world champ XXZ by 15-8, 15-0. Do u know who has he beatan b4 goin into the MCO & HKO finals? Its the China Wall - BCL, CH and CJ. And yes he has beaten TH in the TC qualifying round outside Msia, and its b4 TH's injury. He has beatan PG twice when he 1st came out to the intenational scene. I wonder how a mentally weak player can do that? :rolleyes:
    If he has teammates abt the same lvl as him, he would take as much title as LD already dude! So stop making fun of yrself by talking trash abt Malaysian players like u know them well enough!!!

#91 zqloy, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LCW display in MO06 showed he is not mentally weak. LCW is very fit and excellent stamina but his game rely so much on technique and pin-point smashing that if those do not work, LCW would be in trouble. It quite unfair to compare LCW to LD and TH. LD is the best of the best from China, possesses an impressive arsenal of jump-smash (the best I have seen), speed, reflex, stamina, super-fit, power smash and LD game plan is simple and far easier to execute than LCW. TH is like Rudy or Lim Swie King, one of the best to come from INA, for INA to produce another one may be quite a wait consider there is really no one coming up. My take on why LCW meets LD is so many finals, if TH does not take part, LCW would be in the other half of the draw, and chances are LCW would win his half and gets to play LD in finals.

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    That is true too. To break through the China Wall, as Camilla once said, is very hard to do. With LYB game-fixing strategy, Ld would be well rested while TH, PG or LCW would be so tired to kill each other that by the time they get to the final and meet LD, they are at a disadvantage.

14. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

LCW is no match for LD in terms of strength and physique, and no match for TH in terms of talent of a genius. But his has the best footwork and speed, which this comes nowhere other than hardwork.

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I agree fully with zgloy...We can't just simpy comment if we do no everything...So,this forum is for discussing,don't make too harsh comment...

16. blessing

blessing Regular Member

hard to say dat.. in chinese got a word said "feng shui lun liu zhuan"

17. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Huh? I am mentally weak because I choose to stop posting here? lol
    I say I won't argue anymore because you still don't understand, its like talking to a person without a brain, who disregard others opinion.. a person who disrespect others and igniting slurs regarding their nationalities
    Please grow up, and talk sensibly.. in this forum we have a border we don't cross, that is talking bad and disrespecting other's nationality, culture, race and religion
    Despite all the trash u talk about LCW, I still admire him even though my idol is Taufik... See am I being unfair here? U will be asking why a Malaysian is supporting an Indonesian player, how can this be? Simple I dont care what nationality they are as long as they play good badminton

18. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yes..yes..yes..good..good..good..good.. thats wat i'm going to say.. *clap* *clap* *clap*

19. blessing

blessing Regular Member

as a world famous sports writer i think u shouldn't have an unfair thoughts.. writer should b positive n fair ya.. so.. i hope dat this case wil b close..if not this thread will b closed sooner or later

20. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

Sometimes, I find it quite strange that people do not really appreciate the runner-up... And I do not think it is easy to be in the final for 5 or 6 consecutive tourneys. I remember I read someone in this forum saying a win is a win regardless of whom you defeat, because one should only defeat who ever he/she is drawn to play.

If some people here care so much about the result other than the process, then LCW has got what you want. And now you think to whom one should defeat to get the title should be an issue to determine how great is the player, then you deny all the title he or she has won in the past. Just because LD or TH the so call great player is not in it? I can say LD get the XXX open coz LCW wasn't there, can't I? But I will not obviously coz that's not the point. I bet you if LCW didnt play in Mas Open 2007 and LD won, ppl will say LD finally beat malaysian player in their home ground coz ppl will only see the title but not the players who LD beat to get the title. About the mentality issue, once again, getting into final in a few tourneys is not a task that someone with a weak mentally can do . If you care about whom someone beat to obtain the title. GET A LIFE AND CHECK WHOM HE/SHE BEAT BEFORE THEY PROCEED TO THE FINAL!!

The women singles in Asian Game 06 was rule by two Hong Kong players, some people who don't know or did not follow the result may think they won because there is no chinese players paticipated in the event. Actually, the chinese were defeated by the two great HK ladies.