Who is Nguyen Tien Minh??!!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

How is it not an excuse? If you miss a school day, do you call in before the day starts, or do you call in after the school day is over? Either way, it is an excuse.

Media... Like I said before. When you say " I am off form", you put your opponents' credit in question...

1. you win... (eg. LCW won over Smith) I can still beat you(in this case, thrash you) even when I am off form.

2. you lose... (eg. LCW lost against Nguyen) I told you I am off form, that's why I lost.

A simple answer could have been "The competition is fierce, and any top player can win this tournament. I will do my best to achieve the best result." How hard is it??? :confused:

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Withdraw? Who pay penalty fee? USD200 leh.
    I did say in page 2 of this thread that the decision makers dont think like sports fans, which is often seen in their public statements. We shall see the next few days what's in the press, esp malay language press.;);)

And again, congrats to Nguyen, may there be better & better days for him.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

wow, I'm amazed by the posters here claiming LCW's pre-tournament statement as an excuse for NTM's win.
    When LCW's tournament objective is to pick up ranking points, it means he is not 100% prepared and may lose early but it will not hurt his confidence.There is nothing wrong with turning up and trying his best shot.

The problem is people have this image in their mind that the WR1 must only play in a tournament to win the title.That happens to be the case with LD. If LD is not confident of winning a title, he's unlikely to play because he wants to maintain the 'invincible' image.
    LCW does not have to restrict himself to just that tournament objective and badminton fans are richer for that. For example, if LCW's objective were to win the title and he was not 100% prepared for it so he decided not to play, then we would have been deprived of this sensational LCW/NTM match.

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Give us your view as to why LCW has to let the "badminton world" know that he is not in form if he doesn't want to use this as an excuse in case he doesn't win the tournament? What is the point of such a statement??? enlighten me, please.

If what you say is true.. then he can simply tell the media "my objective is just to pick up as many ranking points as possible and to entertain my fans... end of story" why the additional useless statement about "I am not in form"??? Why????

He can easily avoid saying such a thing and nobody can blame him for losing... but as soon as that comes out from his big mouth, he has to deal with the consequences.

#64 bananakid, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    unfortunately this thread is doing down a dangerous path.

ladies and gentlemen, respect each other's views and arguments. by nature of the game, there will be wins and loses. if you need to start a fight every time someone wins or loses, then we will have no choice but to lock more threads. you are just spoiling it for everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.