Why BAO Chunlai won?(Why LEE CW lost?)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the more they argue, the more u enjoy:D:D:p

#61 george@chongwei, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

yeah, sit on him when you see him.May not be comfortable ,though.

3. anakin

anakin Regular Member

yeah.... that's what the couch is for.... :D:D:D

4. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Regular Member

student
    things already happen..
    what to do..
    cant wait hong kong super series..
    hope LCW can win in this tournament!
    aja aja fighting!:):):)

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    No balls?Do u have the balls to play with him???How much can u get?:D:D:D:D..

6. littlemonkey

student
    lee chong wei should win..not bao chunlai!!!!!!!!!!!

7. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

I agree with Ants,

After watching the video, LCW is a little rattled by the call of the line judgment and also the umpire who has fault him over the net. HOWEVER, BCL played one notch better than the last time we saw him in FO'07. Yes, i do sympathizes LCW for the misfortune. It would be an interesting game if it were to be played on a fair ground but I do believe China is to correct this defect ASAP because it can seriously damage the name of our beloved sport. If we factor out line calls, umpire and emotions, I can say that BCL played slightly better and slightly different today as his light overhead shot crosscourt from the backhand location has caused LCW quite some points. I do believe LCW can bounce back to his pace in HKO'07. Cheers everyone ;)!

8. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

The truth (?) revealed by a line judge at CO

Found this ... in Chinese ... (don't know how true it is but I don't think a Chinese would make up something like this)

http://www.chinabadminton.com/ball/Announce/Announce.asp?BoardID=4000&ID=2820028

Essentially, the author claimed that he was one of the line judges for the tournament ... but he didn't mention whether he was assigned to judge any one of the final matches.

His account,

* After LD lost, everything changed. Media complained that "we didn't act like the host country because our line judges made bad calls which were NOT in favor of LD." (there was one such case during the match!)

* Somebody "up there" wanted the local judges to make calls in favor of CHN since then. Fortunately, those judges were from Guangzhou who didn't comply and instead maintained their integrity.

* So, something ridiculous happened on the final day ... National-level judges were "inserted" in all the Chinese vs. non-Chinese matches - and they were actually empire-turned-line-judges! Well, XD (no CHN pair) and WD (CHN vs. CHN) were exceptions - 100% Guangzhou judges.

* (The author was probably staying at the media center to watch the final matches.) After XXF lost, the CHN team and CHN Badminton Assoc officials gathered ... and ... we all witnessed what happened during MS final.
    - At game 1 when BCL 11:10 LCW, first bad call of a VERY OBVIOUS "out" (even those standing at the stadium gate could tell it was an "out"!)
    - At game 2 when BCL 4:8 LCW, a net shot was ruled fault
    - When BCL 15:10 LCW, BCL's cross-court shot dropped at 10cm away from the line, still ruled "in!"
    At that point of time, the author heard a Guangzhou commentator criticize the line judge for obviously biasing.

* Moreover, the author overheard an instruction made to the TV crew before the final matches that "all the bad calls that are in favor to CHN must be edited out and not to be shown on TV." (i.e., no repeat ... well, I think the last bad call was repeated on TV and it was obviously "out!")

* "Sports become political mission. On one hand, CHN players will become more arrogant (they should just compete in tournaments held in China); on the other hand, foreign players won't bother to come to China anymore. (well, they have no choice when it comes to OG)"

* "Please don't blame the judges from Guangzhou. They refused to comply to 'someone up there' and therefore were not assigned to judge the final matches. Even those national-level judges must be forced to do so. Blame 'someone up there', please."

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Remember malaysians!!Badminton isnt a sport that is created for just for u!
    It's created for everyone to enjoy!Everyone can be lose or win in this game.Any country n any players can win.

R u guys thinking that only malaysian players deserved to win every tournaments n u cant take any lose?That u have to trash talk about the opponents n not giving any credit at all?n start to blame everything that might have caused the lost?Come on man..how childish is that?

When LD lost to Park n claim that the umpiring made some mistakes..the umpires were also chinese..N what happend to the chinese supporters after that?Did they trash talking Park?No..they didn't.In fact,they still admit that Park played well that day.So,why can't u?

Remember,if it was the chinese team doing the dirty things..why BCL?why not LD,or CJ?..Chinese team always favour LD to win,not BCL.N remember,these umpiring problems r not only occurs on the BCL/LCW match.It happends on some other games as well..happends to P.gade,LD,Thai team,Indo team,etc.

So,if these r the umpires mistakes,it has nothing to do with CHINA team

I believe that LCW were strong enough to continue the game after some misjudgements..but they supporters aren't..which i feel bad for.

10. AlfredEarn

AlfredEarn Regular Member

Bill Gates' teacher, Professor of Oxford and Headm
    Lin Dan and LCW is different
    Lin Dan lose fairly
    he just play not so well

but LCW, get unfaIR treathen
    no foul/out, also say yes
    not only once, but few times....
    this make LCW not really feel happy and cant concentration like normal
    if im LCW, i would have throw racquet on line judgement and the "refree"
    and quit it

11. littlemonkey

student
    i agree with AlfredEarn..lin dan and lee chong wei are totally diferent..lee chong wei work so hard to win but the umpire and the linesmen are not fair..

12. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I think that applies to you. The sport dosen't belong to you. China dosen't own badminton. Li Yongbo dosen't own badminton. Badminton is for everyone. So stop ruining it.

We believe that every player deserves to win if they work hard enough. We, however, do not believe that a player deserves to win through cheatwork and disgraceful acts from that filthy scumbag Li Yongbo. I wish him the worse of luck. Shame

Erm.... They congratulated Park because he won even though the linejudges were all Chinese? You don't make sense. We are saying that today's match was unfair. If Park can win even when the linesmen are against him, dosen't he deserve to be congratulated?

Why Bao? Because Bao was the one in this instance. Bao most likely knew about such biased umpiring. Yet he didn't say anything. That makes him the target. If the person was Lin Dan, then we would have criticised Lin Dan. Its that simple.

Lee was certainly strong enough, and gentlemenly enough to continue his game. But then Li Yongbo wasn't prepared to play fair.

The world is a better place without Li Yongbo.

13. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    It's a disgrace to the badminton scene that China has to resort to this act to win. Why can't they compete fairly? Congrats BCL your are the best!:D

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Ok ok man..i know ur feeling..but u can't change the result k?Just accept that ok?I'm didn't wish BCL to win,in fact,i wish LCW would win the game.But,so what?Every game got their own loser n winner..One's more luckier,better that the other one that day.The matter is can u accept the fact?

Everyone got their own wish.I wish that Liem Swie King,Peter gade,Rudy hartono,Hoyer larson,Zhao Jian Hua never got old n still playing until today,so that they can entertain us.I wish that TH backhand smash can reach upto 400km/h.I wish Cai yun's smashes r as hard as FHF's.I wish Candra n Sigit can get back together again.I wish to see another Ricky/rexy's match...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But,can it change the current fact?No...but i do hope that it could happend.:)

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    A SAD day for all Badminton players, fans and spectators

Hi Inky2000,

If what you have posted is true...

then today 25-Nov-2007 is a SAD day for all Badminton players, fans and spectators.

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

FYI,i'm an indonesian..so..u better talk to the Chinese nationalily one.I'm just an audience.It's my point of view..that's all.

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think its a sad day for China even though they dont notice it. Cant you see LCW was smiling at the end? He know he played his best.

18. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    难怪陶菲克不来,你以为人家是有伤有事不来?是因为不屑!难道来被你们侮辱?人家够分参加奥运了,大不了多打几场,实力在,不怕任何人当对手!碰上谁谁倒霉!这才是真正高手的样子!

The article also mentioned that Taufik didn't participate this tournament could be related to this issue.

I almost cried when reading the article. I felt so sorry for LCW.

#78 robin7, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

WOW, this guy must either be very,very brave or knows some high officials. Making such a public statement.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Btw, Ants, if you're sending congrats to WMC, tell her how proud everyone is of her fighting spirit. Hopefully her knee injury not aggravated by this tourney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.