Will Lee Chong Wei win the 2013 World Championship?

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2013.

?

Will Lee Chong Wei win the 2013 World Championship?

1. Yes, Lee Chong Wei will win!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, he will lose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I think If LCW decides to play his last match of his career at WC 2013, LD may consider to let him win.

2. victor_rs

victor_rs Regular Member

he can win if he can win his twin lee choong wei...otherwise if he lost to chen long still not upset...

3. maswin

maswin Regular Member

Maybe....but I'm sure Chen Long and the others would have other plans. Who wouldn't snatch this chance of being world champion when the so called 'heavenly kings' are moving into retirement. Besides Mr LYB will have the last say in his camp, without doubt;)

4. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Yes, that's it! thank you, Justin. :D

Yes, his performance decline a bit this days. but we can always expect him to prepare better for such a big event like WC. and not to mention that now he already had extra motivation to work with, his main rival finally got on board too.

5. maswin

maswin Regular Member

Sadly, Chong Wei has a battalion to face now...

6. julianng

julianng Regular Member

LCW has played the match of his career in every single final he is in... diving all the way, playing while injured, full energy , high octane match for every competitive final he is in.... he always gives 110 percent !!

There is no such thing as 'match of his career' for LCW.. every single match he plays is the match of his life lol... this started since he was a teenager lol... the match of his career was in OG'08, OG'12, AG'10, WC'11, TC'12, the list goes on and on ....

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like sometimes 'magic' do exist in badminton though:p

8. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

If you know BWF sleep with China, how your feel? Do you able to control your emotion?
    LCW already has a lot of pressure and with this all kind of unfair decision from BWF, it is really hard to control.

no matter how, even with 0.1% changes to win, we all Malaysian will continue to support him.

Look at positive side, this is actually a good opportunity for him to show and revenge that he can do it.

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

China should withdraw all of their MS players, or order their MS players to let LCW win. This will be easier to please the fans of the ROW.

So I am sure LCW will win this WC.

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    IMO, LD has more pressure than CL/LCW as he will be playing seeded players from the very 1st round on. Even though we expect LD to be fully trained/prepared to play WC13, but not played since OLY12, LD could lose as he may not be game sharp.

Most times, the top seed players play low seeded players to kind of 'warming' or 'tuning' up towards later rounds but LD would have to be at his best mentally from the getgo.

LCW has as good a chance of winning WC13 as CL and LD, being the WR1 player. CL and LCW have been playing so many SS, and should have advantage over LD being active in the baddy circuit.

BWF decision on wild carding LD has mixed reaction from fans, but as a baddy fan myself, I would like to see LD participate in WC13 as WC13 w/o the defending WC and current OLY champ in, is wierd.

Sure, I would like to see LCW win the first WC crown for my ex-country. But Baddy has transcended from a sport played with passion and love to big $$$ nowadays, that emotionally and hero worship are not for me.

If LCW wins this biggie, does the MAS rakyat realize what financial windfall awaits LCW. Gone are the days of Tan Aik Huang, Gunalan, even Rudy playing for honor, pride, kachang puteh $.... today is about Ferraris, Lambo, shiploads of $$$, title.

LCW wants to win this WC13 badly as time is running out and with LD first not in, that enhanced LCW chances tremendously since LCW has a better H2H against CL and playing in CHN, we are not sure how CL will cope with the pressure.

LCW knew this is his best chance of scoring the title. With LD not in, that much the better and maybe easier, who cares who LCW beat to win and who would remember LCW wins with LD not playing? Take for instance, Peter Rasmussen beating Sun Jun in WC99, Peter won and that is all in the record book.

Later when LD was wild carded in, LCW reaction was a reflex action (I bet he regret voicing his objection as BWF decision will not be reversed, so what's there to object?). But with LD in, now LCW has 2 equally strong opponents to deal with, one who has a better H2H and proven winner in majors, and the other a pain in the butt.

How serious is LD in preparing for this WC13. It has been reported that LD would not train with CL, that tells us LD accepts CL as potential threat to his 5th title and if LD does play, he plays to win.

I still think LCW will win this one...bet my loonie on this.

11. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

I think LCW's best chance already past and time is running out for him. His form is obviously declining this year as he often needs 3 sets to win instead of 2 before. Also, this year China has 4 players in the world cup and 3 of them have beat LCW in the past 12 months (not to mention CL did it two in a roll in straight sets). In fact, I would not be surprised if he lose to players like WZM in the early rounds.

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Concur with you that I can't see LCW doing better than before. But he is still the WR1 and IMO, still the top 3 players with the best possible chances of winning. That is why I said 'I still think LCW will win this one', not betting my house on it. I would love to see him win this major before he quits though. Quietly, CL could pull this of, that chap is getting better, confidence up and his legs have lots of mileage left. If LCW has no chance, then other than CL and maybe LD, the ROW would have even less chance of winning. For now, we are all musing who could/would win, I pick Dato to take it, just a hunch. The DRAW would be very important to see the path of the 3 players going to the final.

13. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

Agree and I believe that we all want LCW to win one major title at least before his retirement because LD will not be today's LD without LCW. LCW has equally contributed a lot to world badminton without the support base like LD's. It would be a great shame if LCW misses the title again in August but the true is that no one will give away a world or Olympic title just because of this reason. Everyone has to earn it on the courts.

Let's hope LCW has some luck (with the draw and others) and go up one step this time.

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    OTB, after reading your loooong post,

it makes me want to re vote LCW to win :eek:

About his recent married life, don't think its gonna affect his badminton.

if fact it should be good cause after a hard days training

what is more better than going straight home to see his son :)

And this means once and for all kiss good bye to those clubbing days lol

With that, i think he won't have much problem with hard training :)

Now the important thing is what is his game plan this time :D

what he needs to do and not to do all lies with mr.TSB and company :D

And for that mental thingie, its a big word covering so many things

but as many predicted he will screw up in big major

i have no commend or rather i won't want to disagree

but i know that is not the case :D

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    A miracle. Not impossible. Depends on how hungry he is this time. ;)

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Being married, clubbing, etc...to LCW that is not a concern, he is such a disciplined player and consistently winning so many SS tells us what thype of player he is and for WC13, we can expect LCW to train hard for this. Winning SS yielded $$ and endorsement, winning WC13 the rewards dwarfs all.
    IMO, for game plan, let's see the draw, if LCW plays LD early, the game plan will starts from there.
    Mental thingie in a big major, I don't think that would factor this time if LCW meets CL/LD, it is a matter who plays better that night, assuming they do meet in the final.
    My prediction has not been correct all the time, but I predict more right than wrong...my hunch says LCW will win this one...bet my 1 Canadian loonie or equivalent 2.8 MAS ringgit on this.

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    He will hungry for sure, not too many WC chances left. I would not say it takes a miracle to win, of course it is possible. LCW is WR1 and if a WR1 has no hope of winning, how about the ROW, fold the tent.
    Fans said the pressure is on LCW to win and playing in CHN is not favorable to him. I remember WC07 in KL, LCW lost at home...pressure, so home advantage can work both ways.
    CL is CHN next one, sure he has been playing well lately and improving game after game. But WC is different pressure and let's see how CL handle the pressure.
    LD was on sabatical for 8 months, unseeded and will be playing seeded player from R1 on. Funny it seems that if an unseeded, wildcarded LD lose early, we call that an upset.
    Even though LD is unseeded, in CHN LD as WC and OLY champs, there will be high expectation on him to win. In the past, the gap between these LD/LCW is quite close, but with that extra mental edge, LD had managed to beat LCW even on the brink of defeat. That is because LD is that one bit of a better player, fit, fast, sharp....now 8 months out, I am not so sure about that this time.
    If the Draw put LCW against LD, DPY or WZM in his half, add in a Tago, then my prediction is 'colder than water':p

18. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

Aiyah.......WC13.....and I keep on reading GE13........

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I see many Bolehans posting in this thread... why aren't there any CHN or HK fans posting in this thread?? Would be nice to hear some comments from them too... for a change to comments from boleh fans who are always behind LCW but he never beat LD anyways...

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The CHN fans are on other threads where they idolize LD. Just do some checking. But there are a few lurking here if you look closely.

#80 nokh88, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013