Winex Rackets, any good?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Locksta, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Locksta

Locksta Regular Member

hey,

ive been aware of the winex range, which closely resembles the yonex range, for some time now but due to a broken racket im lookin for something new and im wondering if anybody can give me some advice on how the winex range plays, particularly the T-10?

Thanks

2. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    I never played nor seen a Winex racquet, but I read somewhere in the Badminton Fourms that Winex and some other brands are clones of Yonex. I personally would say if the racquet is kinda expensive and it's a clone of a yonex, might as well get a genuine yonex.

3. other

other Regular Member

Student
    i've had a 3u kevlar and a 4u armanetic
    the armanetic is decent, only slightly head heavy and is still going strong after clashing and hitting the floor etc
    no idea about the ti-10 but seeing as it £45 i'd probably get an armanetic or similar online on ebay (they sell direct a couple of racquets a week starting from reduced prices i think about 35 inc p&p). its also a 3u, so it can't/won't feel the same as the yonex 2u ti-10
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=winex+badminton
    dunno if that link will work for you, but that was an ebay serach for winex badminton, quite a selection to tempt you:D

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    also use the search function to search for winex, u'll get a few threads from before.

5. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I've got an Armanetic 702, Armanetic 800 and a Mighty Power 22Ti. Had the AT702 and MP22 for just over a year; the AT800 for 9 months Very nice racquets, if you ask me (and my friends who have been borrowing them recently).

Haven't tried the T-10, but nearly bought one a few weeks ago. Got an AT800-DE instead because I wanted a 4U racquet.

6. Quarterback

Quarterback Regular Member

I own a Winex Kevlar 999, too and I'm wondering how you feel about your own. I've had it strung for 26 lbs and I've just recently started playing with it. My initial feel for the racquet is it quite okay. I may say great once I get use to it (hope so).

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    it was ok, i never played too well with it as the grip wasn't optimal for me. ended up breaking it :mad: oops...

8. JohnNano

JohnNano Regular Member

where is the production of winnex?

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe Winnex's HQ is in Taiwan, and should be manufactured there.

10. JohnNano

JohnNano Regular Member

Oh, it had come to my notice, it had become a very common brand in singapore now. Everywhere is selling it. Price are reasonable and of course includes a winnex bag which is very nice. Will get 1 winnex racket to try tmr.

11. Quarterback

I guess what makes other people choose other brands rather than Yonex is the price. I could get a similar model of a Yonex Armortec (Winex Armantec I think) for about 30 - 40% of the cost. And surprisingly, these racquets are quite good and some may even say as good or better as the Yonex.

I did got mine for a different reason though. I use to own a Carlton Kevlar about a decade ago which I broke when I tried to bend the shaft. I saw this Winex Kevlar and so I bought it. Now it's my main racquet.

If I may ask, is does Yonex have a kevlar model?:)

12. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Once upon a time, i had a little "sponsorship" deal with Winex in which i was given 1 shirt, 1 t-shirt, 1 T-3 and 1 T-20.

The T-3 was a standard lengthed, oval shaped racket. I strung it with BG-65 at around 25lbs back then. This racket is evenly balanced with a little more emphasis on the head. It packs quite a punch, plenty of power with a nice sound as well, its also relatively light being 3U. This racket is quite good, the only down side i see to this racket is that it as a little vibration when playing light touch shots. However, overall a good racket...

The Winex T-20 however i feel is a lighter version of the Yonex Ti-10. The rest of the specifications are about the same, head heavy, long lengthed, isometric head shape with muscle power frame. Comparing it to the Ti-10, the Ti-10 wins due to its durability and stability. The sweetspot is bigger.. But then again the Yonex Ti-10 is an outstanding racket. So the Winex T-20? Not a bad job...

:D My 2 cents worth

13. Quarterback

And its price at less than half the cost of a Yonex Ti-10, I presume?

14. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    You'll have to check, i don't know